Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-04-07, 03:31 PM   #1
Ruined

Default BDA confirms fake forum accounts & blogs created to promote Blu-Ray - "Phase Hydra"

From a reliable industry insider:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&#post10208851

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA Meeting in Fukuoka
The BDA has formally kicked off a new PR campaign called "Phase Hydra"....its purpose is to seed "high profile" forums with Blu-ray advocates and target bloggers to promote Blu-ray to get the word out to the world...the campaign will also focus on "smaller, independent studio issues"...
Coming from Sony, the company that created fake movie reviewers to promote their theatrical releases as well as fake PSP users to promote the PSP for XMAS 2006 (iwantapspforxmas). Think NVNEWS was targetted?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Ruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-07, 03:49 PM   #2
J-Mag
Weapon of MassConsumption

Default Re: BDA confirms fake forum accounts & blogs created to promote Blu-Ray - "Phase Hydr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined
Think NVNEWS was targetted?
If it was we should not trust OWA on anything anymore
J-Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-07, 03:51 PM   #3
Ruined

Default Re: BDA confirms fake forum accounts & blogs created to promote Blu-Ray - "Phase Hydr

Thread:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89227

Solved!

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Old 04-04-07, 04:58 PM   #4
OWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mag
If it was we should not trust OWA on anything anymore
What? Why would that be? What do I say/post that needs to be trusted. Heh, except maybe my movie recommendations and we all saw how that went. I've never claimed to be an expert, audiophile or videophile and anything I post you can easily find at sites like hidefdigest or any other reviews sites. It's not like I'm touting that blu-ray is better than HD DVD or anything like that so I fail to see why "trust" is even mentioned.

Quote:
If you're trying to imply I'm a part of this, I'm not. I'm not associated with Sony, I'm not part of any marketing campaigns, I never have been and I don't desire to be.

I just care about the forums here and didn't like the imbalance. I got tired of seeing people bullied/ridiculed in the console forum and the A/V forum here for liking a PS3 or blu-ray. I try to make them feel welcome b/c I care about the community here and want people to feel like they can actually discuss things they're interested in and like. Sure, I'm an easy target and I've been accused of being part of Nvidia's marketing campaigns for defending them as well. Of course, none of it is true but when people get upset that I defend something they're against (for whatever reason), accusations naturally start to fly.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-07, 04:59 PM   #5
J-Mag
Weapon of MassConsumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
What? Why would that be? What do I say/post that needs to be trusted. Heh, except maybe my movie recommendations and we all saw how that went. I've never claimed to be an expert, audiophile or videophile and anything I post you can easily find at sites like hidefdigest or any other reviews sites. It's not like I'm touting that blu-ray is better than HD DVD or anything like that so I fail to see why "trust" is even mentioned.
LMAO! I was just joshin' with ya
J-Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-07, 06:32 PM   #6
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mag
LMAO! I was just joshin' with ya
omg you just said "joshin"
Old 04-04-07, 07:59 PM   #7
Ruined

Default Re: BDA confirms fake forum accounts & blogs created to promote Blu-Ray - "Phase Hydra"

Latest!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&#post10213112

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA Server Hacker
I can't tell if some people think me guilty of making all this up or not, but I assure you, there is a "Phase Hydra" campaign underway...I can't verify what websites/forums/blogs are involved, though. And yes, I agree that the HD DVD PRG likely has a similar campaign, only smaller and relying on people with less bandwidth to post.

The BDA even has a picture of a hydra they are using to generate internal awareness at BDA events

P.S. I never thought this little trifle would generate so much discussion--I kind of assumed we were already witness to this type of stuff and I was just verifying the name. I've only had two posts here deleted by the mods, the first being when I posted Warner's original HD DVD rollout schedule, and now this (my question in the Insider's thread was deleted, but the damage was already done). Spooky...
Amir's response?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir
Damn, is there something you don't know Alex?

If we ever write a book on this whole story, we need to dedicate a chapter to you .

Wonder how many people will get what we are talking about....
Confirmed by Microsoft, as well, it seems.

Old 04-04-07, 08:05 PM   #8
|MaguS|

Blu-Ray is awsome! It's so great!!!!*

*This message brought to you by Blu-Ray Association© and Sony©.

Old 04-04-07, 08:25 PM   #9
Burner_Tbird2
The Objectivist Gamer

Default Re: BDA confirms fake forum accounts & blogs created to promote Blu-Ray - "Phase Hydra"

I'm a double secret squirel agent for Sony

Hasn't it already been admitted that MS has a Viral marketing campaign with financial backing in the millions. I say this story is a super secret double agent trying to throw us off the scent of the 1337 MS agents in our midst!

WITCH HUNT!!! Now we just have to find out who weighs less than a duck and the stake burning can begin!
8Gb G.Skill 1600
Silverstone 750W PSU
Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler
http://www.patriotsjetteam.com

PSN: BurnerDeuce
Folding For nVNews Team #35216
Burner_Tbird2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-07, 09:10 PM   #10
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Latest!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&#post10213112

Amir's response?

Confirmed by Microsoft, as well, it seems.
Wow you just suck at the teat of microsoft don't you? Micosoft CONFURMED IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE!
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-07, 10:23 PM   #11
nvnews-reader

My ac**** is available for $1000. Just pm me.
nvnews-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 12:25 AM   #12
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWA
I got tired of seeing people bullied/ridiculed in the console forum and the A/V forum here for liking a PS3 or blu-ray. I try to make them feel welcome b/c I care about the community here and want people to feel like they can actually discuss things they're interested in and like.
OWA is a blu-ray crusader for justice.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote