Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > CPUs, Motherboards And Memory

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-09-07, 06:54 PM   #25
DiscipleDOC

Default Re: Massive AMD Price Drops on X2 6000+ and X2 5600+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
as a side note, AM2 motherboards will be compatible with AM2+ CPU's (aka Barcelona). the only difference is that the AM2+ socket will have HyperTransport 3.0 whereas the current AM2 socket has HyperTransport 2.0.

so, goin this route may offer a good step into Barcelona when it's released

as an addition... wow the price drop info digressed into a CPU flame war.... big surprise

ITS A CPU, WHO ****ING CARES. you guys argue about this **** about as much as the P&R forum argues about Christianity and Islam.
Christianity is the ROXORS and Islam is the SUXORS!
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 06:55 PM   #26
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
as a side note, AM2 motherboards will be compatible with AM2+ CPU's (aka Barcelona). the only difference is that the AM2+ socket will have HyperTransport 3.0 whereas the current AM2 socket has HyperTransport 2.0.

so, goin this route may offer a good step into Barcelona when it's released

as an addition... wow the price drop info digressed into a CPU flame war.... big surprise

ITS A CPU, WHO ****ING CARES. you guys argue about this **** about as much as the P&R forum argues about Christianity and Islam.
Um, Barcelona will never ever be released for AM2 nor AM2+, Barcelona will be found in Opterons only and for SocketF only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISSCC, SAN FRANCISCO -- February 12, 2007
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today unveiled more industry-defining architectural features for its upcoming native Quad-Core AMD Opteron™ processors (codenamed “Barcelona”) during a presentation to the International Solid State Circuits Conference (ISSCC). In addition to the estimated 40-percent performance advantage native Quad-Core AMD Opteron™ processors can offer over the competition in benchmark testing, AMD’s redesigned microarchitecture will enable new power- and thermal-management techniques, strengthening the industry-leading performance-per-watt AMD Opteron processors currently deliver today. Among the new features are enhancements to AMD PowerNow!™ technology for dynamic adjustment of individual core frequencies.

“AMD has always focused on delivering increased levels of performance without making compromises in power efficiency,” said Randy Allen, corporate vice president, Server and Workstation Division, AMD. “‘Barcelona’ will build on this value proposition while delivering industry-changing dynamics to the x86 server market, much like the original AMD Opteron processor did in 2003. New power management features, unique to the x86 market, combined with industry-leading performance and stability, make it clear why AMD remains the smarter choice for enterprises.”
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89281

Other than that, you're dead-on.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 06:56 PM   #27
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC
Christianity is the ROXORS and Islam is the SUXORS!
LOLWTFBFGSUACEFTW!!!11!!onewoneonwon!!!111
Old 04-09-07, 08:11 PM   #28
jcrox
Mahna Mahna

Found a buyer for my C2D and mobo, getting same amount I paid for it and buying me a new AMD 6000+ and new mobo, saves me a good $200 C2D is great for benchmarks but really, there's not that much difference actual game play having just gone from an overclocked 4000+ to this 6600. Sure benches are much better but I just can't tell the difference between 50fps and 75fps. I know there's a lot of people out there who claim they can but for me....an invisible 25fps and some benchmarks scores aren't worth $200.....I can use that money at the poker tables in Vegas next month

Gaming

MSI MPower Z87 | 4770k | CNPS9900MAX-B | 8GB G.Skill 1866 | EVGA GTX760 |ThermalTake 850w | X-Fi Titanium | HAF | Asus PA248Q | Lycosa | Death Adder | Win8 Pro 64

Dev/Backup

MSI GD65 | 2500k | H50 | 8GB G.skill | GTX570 | Ubuntu 13.10

Laptop

17" Inspiron | i5 | 4GB DDR3 | 500GB HDD | Win7 Pro 64

jcrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 11:37 PM   #29
Xion X2

Arrow Re: Massive AMD Price Drops on X2 6000+ and X2 5600+

Heinz,

I think you should take your advice to me about "going back to read" and do it yourself. I was clearly talking about overclocked performance creating that "significant margin" between the processors. Honestly, I don't know how you could've missed it when I said this on 3 specific occasions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
No it's not. There is simply no comparison between the processors. Your charts are not taking into account how much you can overclock the Core2Duos in relation to how little you can overclock an AMD. Clock for clock the Intels are faster, and I have yet to see anyone on this forum with an AMD chip over 3.2gHz while there are several with Core2Duos up around 3.6-3.8gHz. That is a "significant" performance gap and shows itself in benchmarks such as SuperPi and 3dMark.

.. at stock clocks. If you want to argue that the AMDs are close in gaming performance to the Intels at stock speeds, I'm not going to disagree with you too much

And once you overclock, you get that "significant margin" that I was talking about.
I don't want this thread to degrade into a flamefest, but I honestly don't know how the hell you do not comprehend any of my comments above and get from them that I never referred to the "significant margin" as a result of overclocking. I mentioned it on 3 specific occasions.

Honestly. I mean, Heinz--can you even effen read? Or does your fragile ego just go into overdrive whenever I reply to one of your posts? You and I have gotten into it on here before because you go acting all stupid whenever you're replying back to me; I don't know what your deal is, but you often hear me saying things that I do not say.

Quote:
Wish you would stay away from my posts PERIOD
So I can't add you to my fan club roster then? That's a shame.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 01:09 AM   #30
Heinz68

Xion as usual you're full off it, go read your first reply (post #5) about Intel outperforming AMD by a "significant margin" and find there ANYTHING about overclocking. GO BACK AND READ.

Actually it was me who said in the origional post #1:
"I believe if the same chips are overclocked Intel is going to be way ahead, on the other hand not everybody does overclock." GO BACK AND READ

And again me in post #21 replying to your post #5 I said.
"Just to stop any further arguments:
I did also mention in the origional post that the E6600 would most likely overclock better but I don't think AMD needs to much worry about it, in my wild estimate 99.9% PC user do not overclock. For most people the bottom line is more important."
GO BACK AND READ

I did say the above because I know you better, i knew you would come back with some kind of argument, you love to argue plus you never wrong. But it did not help at all, because finaly in your post #22 you did bring up "significant margin" in overclocking and going on and on and on and on, actually arguing with yourself since I did say twice before that the Intel Core 2 chips would overclock better. GO BACK AND READ

One more time you should have "GONE BACK AND READ" before you said:
"Honestly. I mean, Heinz--can you even effen read?"

Now after you finish reading get the **** out off this tread, I have enough off you.

------------------------------------------------------------
Core i7 980X EE @ 4316 MHz 1.35V - Corsair Hydro Series H50
ASUS Rampage II Extreme - Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 12GB Triple-Channel
Sapphire HD 6990 - ATI TV Wonder 650 PCIe
Intel X25-M 160GB 34nm G2 SSD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 32mb
Cosmos S Case - Corsair HX1000W PSU
Pioner Blu-ray Burner 6X BD-R - Westinghouse LVM-37w3, 37inch 1080p
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel - Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
Sennheiser RS 180 - Windows 7 64-bit Pro
Heinz68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 06:23 AM   #31
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
true, even if 6000+ would be free at this time, i would have to change ram and board anyway, i still would go for C2D or quad. (and thats comming from current amd owner)
Same here. I think they dropped 939 and DDR way too fast. They could have easily kept control of a huge market if they had released the same CPUs at the same prices on 939.

The only reason I haven't gone with a Core 2 yet is because I'd have to spend so much on RAM, even though mine is hardly a bottleneck as it is (500Mhz at decent timings, without overclocking). With any recent AMD, I'd have the same problem, and there aren't any real benefits over going Intel. I've been using AMD since 2000 (Athlon Slot A 750Mhz ) and I can plainly see that they are making a lot of mistakes and that they could be doing much better if they took advantage of Intel's place in the high end market and put their focus on the socket 939 users who can't afford or can't justify a complete system upgrade to get a top of the line CPU.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 06:54 AM   #32
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

yes, if 6000+ was released in 939 flavor, and cost the same as AM2 conterpart, i would probably get it.

Old 04-10-07, 07:29 AM   #33
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
yes, if 6000+ was released in 939 flavor, and cost the same as AM2 conterpart, i would probably get it.
I would as well. I'd alsom get me another mobo- probably the eVGA one that sports the nForce4 SLi x16 chipset- and the s939 6000 would go in my ASUS A8N32 SLi.

But, AMD has dropped s939 unfortunately, and I cannot afford to go Intel. So, the 6000 it is for me.
Old 04-10-07, 08:11 AM   #34
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

like i said before, when i will be upgrading, i have to change all 3 primary components. so when that times comes i will choose the what the best thing i can afford, and thats intel right now, i don't see this changing any time soon.

my limit for CPU, would be around 500-600 bucks, quad core should go down in price
limit for motherboard would be around 200-300, same for memory.
Old 04-10-07, 09:06 AM   #35
Xion X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz68
Xion as usual you're full off it, go read your first reply (post #5) about Intel outperforming AMD by a "significant margin" and find there ANYTHING about overclocking. GO BACK AND READ.
Heinz, you have no argument. You're the one who's full of it. I went back and clarified exactly what I meant three times in a following post so there was no doubt what I was talking about.

And for chrissakes, this is an enthusiast forum. It should be a given around this place that any time we are talking about a processor's overall performance factor that we are taking into account how well it overclocks. I can't hold your hand and walk you through common sense things like this constantly. Use your brain and do some thinking for yourself, because this act of yours is really getting old.

Quote:
Actually it was me who said in the origional post #1:

"I believe if the same chips are overclocked Intel is going to be way ahead
Yes, you did. And as you'll notice, I had no problem with it and said nothing about it. But then you came back with this in your next reply to me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz
I believe your statement that Intel outperform the AMD by "significant margin" is little blind fanboyism.[/b]
--calling me a "fanboy," which I already told you is a derogatory term that you shouldn't just toss around casually, and also arguing against the Core2Duo being the faster performer by a significant margin. So, which statement should I take seriously from you, Heinz? Which one should I take as your opinion? Door #1 or Door #2? First you say that Intel would outperform the AMDs and be "way ahead" when overclocking, and then you have a problem with me saying they would outperform them by a "significant margin." So.. which is it? Do you believe the Core2Duos outperform the AMDs by a significant margin or not? This all seemed to stem from your belief that I was somehow referring to the benchmarks when I never was. I was talking about performance after overclocking, which I clarified on 3 separate occasions in my next post.

Do you see now why I replied back to you? If there's anyone who seems to be "arguing with [them]self", it is you.

Look, I'll try to reach a truce with you here. It's possible that both of us have misunderstood each other. So I apologize if this has turned into a flamefest because of that. That wasn't my intent. I was just trying to clarify the facts since you seemed to be contradicting yourself. My apologies to all.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 09:31 AM   #36
DiscipleDOC

Umm....my 6000+ is on some truck on it's way to my grubby little hands....
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote