Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-13-07, 09:36 PM   #25
glObalist
working as intended

Default Re: Played Everquest 2 for the first time...

So how exactly does the ****ty performance of 2004 EQ2 translate to 2007? Can you post any comparison screenshots? And I mean gameplay- and graphics-wise ****ty- had to uninstall this mess after 30 mins in 2006 when the free *some* Island expansion that I got to try came around...
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-07, 10:18 PM   #26
Hambone

Quote:
Originally Posted by glObalist
So how exactly does the ****ty performance of 2004 EQ2 translate to 2007? Can you post any comparison screenshots? And I mean gameplay- and graphics-wise ****ty- had to uninstall this mess after 30 mins in 2006 when the free *some* Island expansion that I got to try came around...
OMG your opinon of EQ2 is based on the newbie island free trial, and, you thought it was an expansion?

Actually the performance of EQ2 has improved a lot since release. But, I was talking about gameplay.

Hmm... EQ2 went live a little less than two and a half years ago. There have been 3 major expansions and 33 live updates.

Take a loot at the Live Update 33 notes, and then try and picture that these type of game updates have happened on average about once a month since launch:
http://eq2.warcry.com/scripts/news/v...te=68&id=70021

I haven't actually played EQ2 in a month and I'm not loyal to it at all. I've been casually trying LOTR-O, Vanguard, and the WoW expansion as well as goofing off with some FPS's and 360 games over the last couple of months.

My opinon is that (still) overall EQ2 is the best MMORPG out there, and easily the most polished and content rich MMO.

Stupid comments about EQ2 annoy the hell out of me. Espically from people that base their thoughts about the game on the newbie isle trial while thinking that was an expansion.
Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-07, 11:28 PM   #27
Sgt_Pitt

yeah i think i read 8800gtx's in SLI is the problem

try disabling 1 card ive heard that might help, i know its a PITA but apparently 1 8800gts runs way better than 2 atm.
Old 04-14-07, 11:01 PM   #28
Xion X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Pitt
yeah i think i read 8800gtx's in SLI is the problem

try disabling 1 card ive heard that might help, i know its a PITA but apparently 1 8800gts runs way better than 2 atm.
Doesn't help at all; I've tried it. Runs exactly the same. But thanks for the suggestion.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-07, 06:04 PM   #29
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard

I have the same issue. Guess what I noticed instantly. While playing open up task manager you will notice that only ONE core is being used. A game optimized to run best on Intel P4 with HT and it utilizes one core? That has to be an issue, and yeah on my card no matter what setting I have it on be it low to ultra high realistic as far everything goes I see 30 FPS -60 FPS in some areas.

I have so many fan boys of this game swear by it I had to try it. I'd love to get into it, if I could freaking run the game at high settings. I am not even one of these people that crank my settings up to 1600 by 1200. I run at 1280 by 1024 like ass. I am disappointed that it being this nice looking and running this bad.

I agree Oblivion looks better. Stop comparing WoW and this.. WoW has a community full of 12 year olds, and soccer moms.. Every other comment is a Chuck Norris joke, its almost as bad as guild wars and counter strikes community. I guess the games idea is nice, but the cartoonish graphics totally throw the game out there. EQ2 I wouldn't know I paid 39 bucks for the game and I have yet to get it to run smoothly for me.
Old 05-02-07, 11:04 PM   #30
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulizard
I have the same issue. Guess what I noticed instantly. While playing open up task manager you will notice that only ONE core is being used. A game optimized to run best on Intel P4 with HT and it utilizes one core? That has to be an issue, and yeah on my card no matter what setting I have it on be it low to ultra high realistic as far everything goes I see 30 FPS -60 FPS in some areas.

I have so many fan boys of this game swear by it I had to try it. I'd love to get into it, if I could freaking run the game at high settings. I am not even one of these people that crank my settings up to 1600 by 1200. I run at 1280 by 1024 like ass. I am disappointed that it being this nice looking and running this bad.

I agree Oblivion looks better. Stop comparing WoW and this.. WoW has a community full of 12 year olds, and soccer moms.. Every other comment is a Chuck Norris joke, its almost as bad as guild wars and counter strikes community. I guess the games idea is nice, but the cartoonish graphics totally throw the game out there. EQ2 I wouldn't know I paid 39 bucks for the game and I have yet to get it to run smoothly for me.
LOL! another EQ snob. Don't hate WoW because it is more popular than a boring game like EQ2.
I'd much rather play with the soccer mom's. There is nothing wrong with a little MILF action.

Any way, I don't play either game any more. I'm waiting for Age of Conan. BRING ON THE PAIN!
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-07, 09:29 AM   #31
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
LOL! another EQ snob. Don't hate WoW because it is more popular than a boring game like EQ2.
I'd much rather play with the soccer mom's. There is nothing wrong with a little MILF action.

Any way, I don't play either game any more. I'm waiting for Age of Conan. BRING ON THE PAIN!

First of all I am not an MMORPG player to begin with. So do not call me an EQ2 Snob because I can't even get that game to run right. WoW is a little kiddies game. The majority that play it are amused by Chuck Norris jokes, and the discussion of their favorite actors sexuality? I have played WoW and the community is horrible sorry to tell you that. Its a good game, its easy but its a good game. People who play it however think they are bad ass because they have a level 60 character in it.. They really believe they are that awesome.

So no I am not hating on any game in-general but if I had to pick a MMORPG it'd be Lineage 2, and maybe EQ2 if I could get it to run right. A WoW player wouldn't last 30 minutes in EQ 1 though. I prefer FPS anyway.

Has anyone figured out how to get the game to actually run smoothly on the 8800.. Someone said they get 45 FPS with everything maxed out. I hardly believe that.. The game looks good granted, but to run like that nah it shouldn't tax a system that bad. Its almost as bad as Vanguard, except Vanguard looks like ass.
Old 05-03-07, 12:41 PM   #32
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulizard
First of all I am not an MMORPG player to begin with. So do not call me an EQ2 Snob because I can't even get that game to run right. WoW is a little kiddies game. The majority that play it are amused by Chuck Norris jokes, and the discussion of their favorite actors sexuality? I have played WoW and the community is horrible sorry to tell you that. Its a good game, its easy but its a good game. People who play it however think they are bad ass because they have a level 60 character in it.. They really believe they are that awesome.
I played both and hated the community in both for different reasons. WoW was immature with the people who were in chat but most people were helpfull on the horde side. The alliance side is a joke. EQ2 was full of literal assholes. They treated the game as if it were real or at the least a job. They were just as nasty, immature and annoying.

WRT them thinking they are bad ass, some are. You can only compare the skill of the players with in the game they are playing. To say EQ2 players are better players is silly. The PVP in WoW is great.

What I did in both games is turn off the global chats. Problem solved. The games became fun.

Quote:
So no I am not hating on any game in-general but if I had to pick a MMORPG it'd be Lineage 2, and maybe EQ2 if I could get it to run right. A WoW player wouldn't last 30 minutes in EQ 1 though. I prefer FPS anyway.
WoW players wouldn't last 30 minutes in EQ1 because the game is such crap. I hated it with a passion. It is the only game I know that punishes you for advancing through the game. IF you ever had the misfortue of binding your self near a city, good luck in ever getting back to your body. Friking spawn campers.
Quote:
Has anyone figured out how to get the game to actually run smoothly on the 8800.. Someone said they get 45 FPS with everything maxed out. I hardly believe that..
I got it to work the best when I uninstalled it.
Quote:
The game looks good granted, but to run like that nah it shouldn't tax a system that bad. Its almost as bad as Vanguard, except Vanguard looks like ass.
Vanguard is sad. It is the second worst running game I have ever played. The first would be Battlefield 2142. I kinda liked Vanguard but I don't play it any more. It just ran to poorly

Old 05-03-07, 03:05 PM   #33
Xion X2

Vanguard has had a lot of optimizations made lately and runs much better than it did. A patch came out about two weeks ago where they noted some major optimizations with the shaders to improve framerates and reduce the hitching.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Old 05-03-07, 06:27 PM   #34
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
Vanguard has had a lot of optimizations made lately and runs much better than it did. A patch came out about two weeks ago where they noted some major optimizations with the shaders to improve framerates and reduce the hitching.
I Last played VG Friday and it was till pretty bad. I would pray each time I crossed a chunk line that I would not be disconnected. And going into a city, for get about it. The game may have gotten better but it only went from terrible to bad. Not much of a improvement if you ask me.
Old 05-04-07, 04:01 AM   #35
Xion X2

What is your hardware?

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Old 05-04-07, 10:58 AM   #36
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
What is your hardware?
Why do people always reply with this? My hardware is fine. The game is horrible on it's optimization. As I said, it has gotten better but it is still bad.