Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-04-07, 11:17 AM   #37
Xion X2

Default Re: Played Everquest 2 for the first time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Why do people always reply with this? My hardware is fine. The game is horrible on it's optimization. As I said, it has gotten better but it is still bad.
Relax. All I did was ask a simple question. I never said that the game was optimized well; I think it's optimized like crap, even though I can run it at 50+fps most of the time on a single GTX.

Sheesh, so sensitive. Does playing WoW long-term just turn people into @ssholes? I was actually going to try and help you out, but since you want to be such a jerk about it, you can forget it.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-07, 01:13 PM   #38
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
Relax. All I did was ask a simple question. I never said that the game was optimized well; I think it's optimized like crap, even though I can run it at 50+fps most of the time on a single GTX.

Sheesh, so sensitive. Does playing WoW long-term just turn people into @ssholes? I was actually going to try and help you out, but since you want to be such a jerk about it, you can forget it.
I wasn't upset. I simply asked why people always have to ask about the hardware. I don't see anything in my post that indicates I was upset.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-07, 02:46 PM   #39
Xion X2

Well, normally when someone inquires about your hardware, you tell them. What is it top secret information or something?

I was just curious.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-07, 03:03 PM   #40
Tea on Tuesday
stop, drop and ROFL

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/p...opic_id=360205

Return of Neriak. It went on test server today. Time to resub EQ2 again.
Tea on Tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-07, 03:47 PM   #41
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
Well, normally when someone inquires about your hardware, you tell them. What is it top secret information or something?

I was just curious.
I just wanted you to know I wasn't upset. I was just curious as well.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-07, 05:32 AM   #42
Sgt_Pitt

VG is dead lol

Brad mquaid wrote a long winded post on why the numbers are so low, and they going to sell out to SOE.

I tried it for a few months and unsubscibed, EQ2 is the hidden jewel of MMO's its advertising department sucks but the game is great.

I'll try out conan when it releases, but still EQ2 has always held my interest (nearly 3 years now)
Old 05-05-07, 03:32 PM   #43
Hambone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Pitt
VG is dead lol

Brad mquaid wrote a long winded post on why the numbers are so low, and they going to sell out to SOE.

I tried it for a few months and unsubscibed, EQ2 is the hidden jewel of MMO's its advertising department sucks but the game is great.

I'll try out conan when it releases, but still EQ2 has always held my interest (nearly 3 years now)
I'm going to have to agree that Vanguard sucks. I also tried it for a month and quit as well.

I'm still of the opinon that EQ2 is by far the best MMO currently out (by far). But, I quit all MMO's a month ago now. If I was going to start playing again it would be EQ2 - but I hope I don't get that weak of will.
Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-07, 07:36 PM   #44
Tea on Tuesday
stop, drop and ROFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Pitt
VG is dead lol

No doubt. Every MMO I play I always end up going back to EQ2, every single time. Maybe it's the lore and nostalgia from EQ1, who knows.
Tea on Tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-07, 03:06 AM   #45
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard

EQ2 would be awesome if I didn't waste my money on it. Its sad, the game looks awesome BUT it does not look good enough to have an excuse to run like ASS. Which is exactly what it does. It utilizes ONE core, and has a poor optimization as well.
Old 05-12-07, 11:56 AM   #46
GTeye

Everquest 2 is a horrible game.

Not only is it a horrible game but it's an insult.

Rather than improve on an already existing game with a huge community and cult following they create a new game.

With this new game, the world starts out small... why? For lore reasons? Yea right... It's so they can sell you the same damn expansions you already paid for in Everquest I all over again.

All Everquest 2 did was boost WoW subscriptions by breaking peoples addictions to EQ1 and cause tens of thousands of subscription cancellations once they saw how pitiful EQ2 was and ran out and bought WoW. In the process of this the communities of loyal subscribers were torn apart which led to furthur cancellations.

EQ2 redefined the term TIME SINK in a way that I didn't think was possible after the early years of EQ1.

People who put in the time are hardly rewarded over people who do because that's the new expected behavior of a MMO. It's a ridicuously easy game that is endless hours of endless running around from one place to another to do mundane quests.

EQ2 will be the death of SOE. It will have torn apart the community they had and in the end they will have 3 failing games while WoW flourishes solely because of the choices they made. I don't care for WoW too much either, it's too easy but it's marketed to the original WoW crowd so it fits.. they did it right. Sony should take a lesson.

Have fun buying velious all over again.
GTeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-07, 12:55 PM   #47
Blacklash
8^9^3

Xion I don't know what to say about your problems in EQ II. It ran fine on my 8800GTX. Now cities with lots of folks around would drop FPS. Also all the shadow work in EQ II is done on the CPU. So turning those to min and unchecking all the boxes below helps. I know you tried that.

I could run this game on an X800XL with 4xAA|4xAF @ 1440x900 or 1680x at balanced settings with shadows off. I could even manage high quality @ 1440x.

No, I don't play it anymore. A lot of times these games run like arse because they are coded primarily for older hardware. I think most of EQ II is SM 1.1. Devs know most people have dated rigs or rigs with medium quality CPUs and sub par graphics cards because they are bought from places like Dell in said configuration.

Vanguard ran much poorer on my system than EQ II. Cities were down right painful with people around. When fewer players were about they ran better for whatever the reason.

I was disappointed in little things in EQ II. Like how characters in the older game SWG could truly sit in chairs, had better emotes and better customization. The variety of social clothes in SWG by comparison is much better. I won't even go into Teir'Dal hairstyles. Ugh.

SoE seems to love to put games out half arsed them polish them six months after release. Heck, they didn't even know what a lot of mid level Berserker abilities did in actual practice. "Wow that does too much damage." Ought to be figured out before release. 15minutes of play testing a character set at various levels against any random mob of equal level would reveal this.

Hardware makers do this too. It's about wringing the quick dollar out of the consumer and moving on.

My new rule with MMOs is buy them six months after release, if at all.
SilverStone OP1000-E|SilverStone TJ10-B|Thermalright U-120 Extreme|Win 7 HP x64
Blacklash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-07, 01:22 AM   #48
Sgt_Pitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTeye
Everquest 2 is a horrible game.

With this new game, the world starts out small
wtf ? are you retarded ?