Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > CPUs, Motherboards And Memory

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-11-07, 09:17 AM   #1
DiscipleDOC
 
DiscipleDOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama, Planet Earth
Posts: 5,993
Default Asus Crosshair

This board looks really really sweet....but is it worth $239?

DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 09:36 AM   #2
Tr1cK
not coming back
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,872
Default Re: Asus Crosshair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC
This board looks really really sweet....but is it worth $239?

IMO, AM2 is not worth it at this time.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 09:50 AM   #3
stevemedes
Intel Virgin
 
stevemedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,716
Send a message via AIM to stevemedes
Default Re: Asus Crosshair

No
__________________
Core 2 Duo E6400 | Asus P5B Deluxe w/ Thermalright HR-09 | 4gb Crucial BallistiX Tracer PC2-8000 | eVGA 9800 GTX | Tuniq Tower
2x36gb WD Raptor RAID-0 | 750gb WD SE16 | Samsung SH-S203B | X-Fi XtremeMusic | Corsair VX550
Coolermaster Stacker 832 | Klipsch Promedia 2.1
stevemedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 09:52 AM   #4
DiscipleDOC
 
DiscipleDOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama, Planet Earth
Posts: 5,993
Default Re: Asus Crosshair

Well, what about the M2N32-SLI?

I need a good motherboard for this 6000+ (I got it in my hands btw), and I don't think this current mobo is it.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 10:25 AM   #5
stevemedes
Intel Virgin
 
stevemedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,716
Send a message via AIM to stevemedes
Default Re: Asus Crosshair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC
Well, what about the M2N32-SLI?

I need a good motherboard for this 6000+ (I got it in my hands btw), and I don't think this current mobo is it.
So you spent 240 on a new CPU and now u want a new mobo?
and you didnt go c2d why?

but anyway back OT, i head good things about the m2n32-sli
__________________
Core 2 Duo E6400 | Asus P5B Deluxe w/ Thermalright HR-09 | 4gb Crucial BallistiX Tracer PC2-8000 | eVGA 9800 GTX | Tuniq Tower
2x36gb WD Raptor RAID-0 | 750gb WD SE16 | Samsung SH-S203B | X-Fi XtremeMusic | Corsair VX550
Coolermaster Stacker 832 | Klipsch Promedia 2.1
stevemedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 10:28 AM   #6
DiscipleDOC
 
DiscipleDOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama, Planet Earth
Posts: 5,993
Default Re: Asus Crosshair

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemedes
So you spent 240 on a new CPU and now u want a new mobo?
and you didnt go c2d why?
Honestly, I'm happy with staying with the A64 platform...no particular reason.

And I was planning on keeping this setup that I have, but I just don't think this mobo is gonna be a good fit for my purposes....
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 02:14 PM   #7
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Asus Crosshair

Yes, the CrossHair is an awesome motherboard!

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid...e=expert&pid=1

Really, most any review I've read seems to give more praise than anything towards this mobo. I'd grab this mobo if I were you DD.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 02:26 PM   #8
DiscipleDOC
 
DiscipleDOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama, Planet Earth
Posts: 5,993
Default Re: Asus Crosshair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
Yes, the CrossHair is an awesome motherboard!

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid...e=expert&pid=1

Really, most any review I've read seems to give more praise than anything towards this mobo. I'd grab this mobo if I were you DD.
Yea...I've been doing some reading and this motherboard rocks! I'm gonna get it next week. My financial advisor (my fiance) told me that I spent enough moolah for this week....
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-07, 02:33 PM   #9
Tr1cK
not coming back
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,872
Default Re: Asus Crosshair

Well since you already bought the chip, buy the board if it tickles your fancy.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 02:40 PM   #10
kevJ420
*BANNED*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NN VA
Posts: 1,155
Default Re: Asus Crosshair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC
Yea...I've been doing some reading and this motherboard rocks! I'm gonna get it next week. My financial advisor (my fiance) told me that I spent enough moolah for this week....
I hope you have a great wedding=) Thanks for correcting me in a much nicer way than others. I can definately tell you're a hardcore christian=) I consider myself a messianic jew, since I like the jewish religion best, but I think it's best to give Christ favoring b/c if someone's not sure about something, then they should be positive and give them the benefit of the doubt.

Anyways, my personal advice for the motherboard would be an asus 680a based board, but my parent's computer has an Asus Crossfire 3200, so I think that would might be a better idea if SLI isn't a concern. It runs extremly cool and it's very solid. The thing that's so amazing about it is it uses only passive cooling.

I was biased against Intel, since mid-99 when the 1st born Athlon came into our world, all the way up until the Core 2 came out.
kevJ420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 03:01 PM   #11
Xion X2
Registered User
 
Xion X2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: U.S.
Posts: 6,701
Default Re: Asus Crosshair

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevpla1@cox.net
I hope you have a great wedding=) Thanks for correcting me in a much nicer way than others. I can definately tell you're a hardcore christian=) I consider myself a messianic jew, since I like the jewish religion best, but I think it's best to give Christ favoring b/c if someone's not sure about something, then they should be positive and give them the benefit of the doubt.

Anyways, my personal advice for the motherboard would be an asus 680a based board, but my parent's computer has an Asus Crossfire 3200, so I think that would might be a better idea if SLI isn't a concern. It runs extremly cool and it's very solid. The thing that's so amazing about it is it uses only passive cooling.

I was biased against Intel, since mid-99 when the 1st born Athlon came into our world, all the way up until the Core 2 came out.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WTF-Cat.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	25025  
__________________

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 03:08 PM   #12
kevJ420
*BANNED*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NN VA
Posts: 1,155
Default Re: Asus Crosshair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
Sorry. I'm sorry. But this was someone else's thread, so I thought I'd help out and try to make sense.

that was a positive post and I personally can't find anything said in my post that doesn't make sense. And it's not due to mental retardation.
kevJ420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ARCTIC Accelero Xtreme III review (w/ Asus GTX680 DirectCU II TOP) News Archived News Items 1 07-01-12 03:39 PM
Review of the 23-inch Asus VG23AH Passive 3D IPS Display News Archived News Items 0 06-21-12 07:40 PM
Asus ditches Android for Windows 8 in new Transformer laptop/tablet News Archived News Items 0 06-04-12 02:10 PM
ASUS GeForce GTX 670 DirectCU II Top Unveiled Features 1137MHz Boost Clock (WCCFTECH) News GeForce GTX 670 Reviews 0 05-10-12 06:30 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.