Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > CPUs, Motherboards And Memory

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-11-07, 03:13 PM   #13
Xion X2

Default Re: Asus Crosshair

It's just that it was waaay off topic. That's something you mention to someone in a PM--not in the middle of a thread talking about motherboards.

I'm sure that Doc appreciates your comment, but next time you may want to PM him instead so this thread can stay on-topic and doesn't turn into yet another religious debate.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 03:47 PM   #14
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
It's just that it was waaay off topic. That's something you mention to someone in a PM--not in the middle of a thread talking about motherboards.

I'm sure that Doc appreciates your comment, but next time you may want to PM him instead so this thread can stay on-topic and doesn't turn into yet another religious debate.
BFT.
Anyway, I'm going to see how this baby works tonight. If I see that my motherboard is not going to work for this chip, then I'm going to get the crosshair.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 03:52 PM   #15
CybrSage

Quote:

Some of us cannot currently get into the Political/Religious forum right now...is this the new defacto one?

Good luck on the new board DD. I had nothing to add, so did not.
Old 04-11-07, 03:57 PM   #16
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybrSage
Some of us cannot currently get into the Political/Religious forum right now...is this the new defacto one?

Good luck on the new board DD. I had nothing to add, so did not.
LOL

I can access the P&R forum just fine. I guess I'll have to post twice as much just for you Cyber.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 03:59 PM   #17
Tr1cK
not coming back

GL Doc...my new parts are sitting in my kitchen waiting on the PSU and DVDR to arrive. I'm so anxious!
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 04:20 PM   #18
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter
Why do you think your current motherboard isn't up to the task? Looks like a good board to me.
Most of the reviews I read about the crosshair said that this board is designed for gaming. The quality of sound, the back panel LED's, are just a couple of things that makes this board so tastey.

I will see how my current board holds out before I do make a purchase....
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 05:15 PM   #19
stevemedes
Intel Virgin

Send a message via AIM to stevemedes

I dont buy into that whole Republic of gamers garbage. If you want good sound, just get an xfi then you wont have to worry about which onboard sound solution a certain motherboard uses. The only reason i see to upgrade from you curent mobo is if it doesnt support true 16x on each slot when in SLI mode.
stevemedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 05:58 PM   #20
Xion X2

Comes down to personal preference, but I agree with Steve. Most of that is marketing. The main things to look for in a mobo are PCI-E speed while in SLI mode and how well it overclocks, as well as overall stability.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-07, 06:11 PM   #21
Redeemed

Quote:
Comes down to personal opinion, but I agree with Steve. Most of that is marketing. The main things to look for in a mobo are PCI-E speed while in SLI mode and how well it overclocks, as well as overall stability.
If you check the reviews though, the CrossHair rivals even DFI's best. It should prove to be a very capable mobo for over clocking.

Also, the on-board audio for the CrossHair supports DTS Connect, something no X-Fi supports.

And yes, I do know all about EAX Advanced HD and how awesome it can sound, and the pros and cons of DTS Connect. Let's not start a debate over it please.

If I go with a 6000 (which I'm 99.9% convinced I will), I'll be getting the CrossHair myself. And when water cooled, I'm hoping that 6000 would do atleast 3.4Ghz at reasonable temps. I couldn't see why it wouldn't.
Old 04-11-07, 06:15 PM   #22
stevemedes
Intel Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
If you check the reviews though, the CrossHair rivals even DFI's best. It should prove to be a very capable mobo for over clocking.

Also, the on-board audio for the CrossHair supports DTS Connect, something no X-Fi supports.

And yes, I do know all about EAX Advanced HD and how awesome it can sound, and the pros and cons of DTS Connect. Let's not start a debate over it please.

If I go with a 6000 (which I'm 99.9% convinced I will), I'll be getting the CrossHair myself. And when water cooled, I'm hoping that 6000 would do atleast 3.4Ghz at reasonable temps. I couldn't see why it wouldn't.
3.4ghz? Damn, i didnt know AMD's scaled that high.
Old 04-11-07, 06:17 PM   #23
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemedes
3.4ghz? Damn, i didnt know AMD's scaled that high.
The 6000 runs at 3Ghz stock. I don't see how a 400Mhz oc on water cooling would be expecting too much.
Old 04-11-07, 06:22 PM   #24
stevemedes
Intel Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
The 6000 runs at 3Ghz stock. I don't see how a 400Mhz oc on water cooling would be expecting too much.
its just im under the impression that ~3.0-3.1 is as high as those cores go. Ive never heard of anyone with a 3.4ghz AMD chip. Let us know how it goes tho. I'll be rootin for ya!