Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > CPUs, Motherboards And Memory

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-19-07, 04:07 PM   #37
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Asus Crosshair

Well, if I were to buy a board based on layout (looks) alone- I'd get the EPoX nForce 590SLi board:



I just love that northbridge cooler. *drool*

Actually, right now I'm torn between three motherboard. That one above, the ASUS CrossHair, and the EPoX CrossFire motherboard:



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813123022

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813123018

Both seem to be really awesome board- and I love my current EPoX 8NPA-SLi mobo that I'm using. Still haven't put together my new rig with the Opty185- so I don't know if my replacement ASUS A8N32 SLi Dlx mobo works or not. But it seems more and more ASUS is releasing poorly built products. I guess if Doc's replacement board is also defective, then the one of the EPoX board it'll be for me (whenever I build my next rig).
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-07, 04:08 PM   #38
DiscipleDOC
 
DiscipleDOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama, Planet Earth
Posts: 5,993
Default Re: Asus Crosshair

I used an Epox board last year for my 3800+ build...it was a solid board.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-07, 04:29 PM   #39
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Asus Crosshair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC
I used an Epox board last year for my 3800+ build...it was a solid board.
Well... I did purchase two of these 8NPA SLi boards a while back. One was for my GF- I got an A64 3400 and 2GB DDR500 ram. I was planning on running a single 8800GTS in it (she is starting to show an interest in gaming).

The other was gonna' be my rig, it was gonna' run an A64 3700. I also had 2GB of DDR500 ram. Well, in short, the mobo shorted out and fried my CPU. But considering how stable and solid this first board is, and what all the reviews imply- I'm thinking I just got a bad board and that overall EPoX's quality is rather high.

So... I'm eagerly anticipating your results with you replacement mobo. That'll kind of help me decide whether I'm wanting to go with ASUS or not.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-07, 04:35 PM   #40
DiscipleDOC
 
DiscipleDOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama, Planet Earth
Posts: 5,993
Default Re: Asus Crosshair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
Well... I did purchase two of these 8NPA SLi boards a while back. One was for my GF- I got an A64 3400 and 2GB DDR500 ram. I was planning on running a single 8800GTS in it (she is starting to show an interest in gaming).

The other was gonna' be my rig, it was gonna' run an A64 3700. I also had 2GB of DDR500 ram. Well, in short, the mobo shorted out and fried my CPU. But considering how stable and solid this first board is, and what all the reviews imply- I'm thinking I just got a bad board and that overall EPoX's quality is rather high.

So... I'm eagerly anticipating your results with you replacement mobo. That'll kind of help me decide whether I'm wanting to go with ASUS or not.
Last night, I took plenty of pictures, so I will try to do a good review when I get the replacement.

Here's a review of it until I can get mine on here.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-07, 05:11 PM   #41
DiscipleDOC
 
DiscipleDOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama, Planet Earth
Posts: 5,993
Default Re: Asus Crosshair

Meh...I'm not too impressed with that epox board. I like the Crosshair better!
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-07, 09:14 AM   #42
Shaitan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 256
Default Re: Asus Crosshair

I have 2 identicle. Crosshair setups now. And I really like these boards. Easy to OC.
__________________
Asus Crosshair III
AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Quad-Core Black Edition
Corsair 8GB XMS3-1600 DHX PC3-12800
WD VelociRaptors X 2 in RAID 0
BFG 295 GTX Rev. B
Enermax Galaxy 850 psu
CoolIT Systems Freezone
Samsung 2233rz
Shaitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-07, 09:27 AM   #43
DiscipleDOC
 
DiscipleDOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama, Planet Earth
Posts: 5,993
Default Re: Asus Crosshair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaitan
I have 2 identicle. Crosshair setups now. And I really like these boards. Easy to OC.
Shaitan, what kind of temps are you getting? What kind of case do you have, and are you o/c'ing your 5200?
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ARCTIC Accelero Xtreme III review (w/ Asus GTX680 DirectCU II TOP) News Archived News Items 1 07-01-12 03:39 PM
Review of the 23-inch Asus VG23AH Passive 3D IPS Display News Archived News Items 0 06-21-12 07:40 PM
Asus ditches Android for Windows 8 in new Transformer laptop/tablet News Archived News Items 0 06-04-12 02:10 PM
ASUS GeForce GTX 670 DirectCU II Top Unveiled Features 1137MHz Boost Clock (WCCFTECH) News GeForce GTX 670 Reviews 0 05-10-12 06:30 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.