Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-27-02, 02:04 PM   #13
gmontem

Default Re: Duke Nukem Forever - Old George is talking pretty boldy

Quote:
Originally posted by monkeydust
is pretty high. We'd have been much better off making a game that takes place in a generic space station, than tyring to do Vegas, and surrounding areas, each of which require totally new art and level elements. "
DNF in a outer space? Sounds like competition for Serious Sam: Third/Final Encounter.
gmontem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-02, 06:54 PM   #14
PCarr78

Default Re: Re: Duke Nukem Forever - Old George is talking pretty boldy

Quote:
Originally posted by gmontem
DNF in a outer space? Sounds like competition for Serious Sam: Third/Final Encounter.
was final fantasy REALLY the final fintasy?

I think not!

Look forward to many serious sams in the future
PCarr78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-02, 08:24 PM   #15
skipparoo

Heh, a bit late on this thread, but, it's not as if we don't have the time to talk about this long awaited game, ey? :P I can't believe how god damn lazy 3D Realms has been with this title. No excuses, this game is WAY overdue.

This is what happens when developers take their sweet ass time with their product because they think it's going to be bigger and badder than anything else when it's released. Due to their laziness, new technology is released, in this case, the Unreal engine has become so much more than it used to be, and of course 3D Realms wants all the new features in the bestest game ever, Duke Nukem Forever.

I used to be quite a fan of the Duke Nukem series, and I have lost most of my respect for the franchise directly because of 3D Realms. Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project was an absolute joke and obviously a title designed to tie us over until 3D Realms got their asses into gear with Duke Nukem Forever.

Of course I will still buy the game, most likely grab a pirated copy now, but there's no way I will ever become interested in a 3D Realms product ever again, probably never a Duke Nukem product. It doesn't bother me anymore, the Unreal franchise is grander than anything right now, even Quake has lost it's fire. "Hail to Unreal, baby!" :P

-Skippy
skipparoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-02, 08:33 PM   #16
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Send a message via MSN to Nutty

Hail to Unreal?!

nah..

Prepare for thy DOOM!!!
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-02, 08:57 PM   #17
skipparoo

Quote:
Originally posted by Nutty
Hail to Unreal?!

nah..

Prepare for thy DOOM!!! ;)
Yes, Hail to Unreal. Doom died long ago, and has only just recently been resurrected. It will surely be an excellent game, although will probably be like every other id software game lately: Excellent technology, Poor game. Unreal has their universe down the right way, and it delivers on all accounts.

-Skippy
Old 09-14-02, 01:03 AM   #18
sbp

Red face Re: Duke Nukem taking Forever

Its dead, give it up
*takes out a stick and pokes Duke*
see?
sbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-02, 04:27 PM   #19
skipparoo

Heh, in a way, I kinda wish the game was dead :P Unfortunately, it's not. But, does anyone remember a game 3D Realms was developing in which your character among other alien beasts are abducted and taken to an arena type setting where you had to fight for your life. At least, this was the basic plot behind the game. It was supposed to have state of the art graphics, but I'll be damned if I can remember what the title was called. Maybe I'll think of it, but I just remember 3D Realms raving about it, and the next thing you know, it's cancelled. No bother..

-Skippy
Old 09-14-02, 05:44 PM   #20
sbp

Skippy: the game's name was Prey

http://www.phdweb.force9.co.uk/index2.html
http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview/.../pview038.html
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/prey/
sbp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-02, 05:53 PM   #21
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

I always wondered what happend to Prey, I remember the hype in the computer gaming mags, got me salivating, then nothing...
Old 09-14-02, 07:32 PM   #22
StealthHawk

it was dubbed as the Quake Killer i guess 3drealms is the master of vaporware. i heard rumors that Prey was being ressurected, any truth to that?
Old 09-14-02, 10:19 PM   #23
skipparoo

Aha! Prey, that's what it was. I was thinking something along the lines of that; I kept thinking Predator, but knew that wasn't it, close enough though :P Anywho, enough said. 3D Realms could fall hard for all I care. Personally, the thought of Duke Nukem in Las Vegas seems rather a copout to me. What better place for Duke to pulvarize some aliens, as well as get some chicks while he's at it? It could even be real cheesey, one-liners taken far beyond the point ridiculousness..I need to stop now..

-Skippy
Old 09-14-02, 10:30 PM   #24
The Baron

actually, stealth, I heard something like that.

but anyone remember crack.com, abuse, and Golgotha (the Uber-Space Game that never got released because the company disbanded)?

--edit--whoops, golgotha isn't a space game, it was a strategy game a la Battlezone... --/edit--