Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-11-07, 07:12 AM   #25
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer

yeah i did, so who is the character i'm gonna miss now?

is it someone from previous NWN games?

right now i'm in the lower levels of tomb in the shadows plane. not good with weird fantasy names
Old 10-11-07, 07:19 AM   #26
Greeno

A guy called "One of Many".

I didn't get him either, and its hard to find any info of him on the web too..
Greeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-07, 07:30 AM   #27
NoiR
Black Sheep

Its a little bit tricky to get "One of Many"

Spoiler:

---
This guy isnt a "normal" NPC who is standing around or something. You need to "eat" the teddy bear to geht his soul essence. then, in Myrkuls tomb, you need to "eat" the High Priest in front of the crematorium. A Dialogue will pop up and with the soul of the kid and the two other you had eaten you can create an undead called "One of Many". First it is a rogue - if you let him eat this big forest ghost he can change into barbarian. Just talk to him. If he eats the sleepy woman in the sunken labyrinth he can change into warlock and can explore dreams with you, just like Gann.
---

I dont know the exact names of all NPCs and locations because Im playing the german version, sorry for that
E6700@3,4 - 1.3V, 32C/47C / Thermalright SI-128 SE || P5B Deluxe WiFi + Thermalright HR-05 / HR-09 || 4x 1 GB OCZ DDR2-800 @ 4-4-4-12 + OCZ XTC || 2x250 GB Samsung SP2514N || XFX 8800 GTS @ 612/1404/936 || X-Fi Fatal1ty || Sony CPD-E 430 || Antec P160 || BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 530W || Scythe Kama Meter || Vista Ultimate
NoiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-07, 12:09 PM   #28
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

Just completed it. As a whole, I think its a MUCH better campaign than the original. Deeper story, deeper characters, and the decisions you make aren't exactly easy. Lots of grey area type issues. I played it through as a chaotic good character, and it was fairly easy to manage the spirit eater thing without screwing up my alignment. Supposedly you get some pretty rad powers if you go the evil route and give in to your hunger. Might have to try that my next go through the campaign.
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3
Sidric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-07, 12:44 PM   #29
PaiN
Don't make me MAD!

I'll stick this here...but its really a NWN2 issue with nothing to do with the expansion(which I've haven't even bought yet).
I had a few issues gettng NWN2 to run but worked them out with setting adjustments and CL Alchemy. It sat for a while since I was playing Two Worlds. In the last few days I've been trying to play but have a BIG prob. The game starts and plays fine but after I save and exit, about a second later a BSOD happens. After the reboot I go back to play and the save is corrupted(every single time) I know the game never liked Vista so I tried running in XP mode which didn't correct this and there is nothing on the tech support forums either...
Any ideas (I'm up to date on all drivers)
Core i5 2500K @ 4.2ghz | EVGA Superclock M020 | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws X PC1600 | EVGA GTX570 760/1950 | SB X-Fi Xtremegamer | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610w PSU | (2) WD Black 640gb in RAID"0" | MSI SATA DVD-RW | Saitek Eclipse kb | Logi G5v2 mouse / Steelseries QcK | Antec P182 "Gunmetal" | Logitech 5300a THX 5.1 speakers | ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD
-Windows7 64bit
PaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-07, 03:47 PM   #30
ArrowMk84

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiN
I'll stick this here...but its really a NWN2 issue with nothing to do with the expansion(which I've haven't even bought yet).
I had a few issues gettng NWN2 to run but worked them out with setting adjustments and CL Alchemy. It sat for a while since I was playing Two Worlds. In the last few days I've been trying to play but have a BIG prob. The game starts and plays fine but after I save and exit, about a second later a BSOD happens. After the reboot I go back to play and the save is corrupted(every single time) I know the game never liked Vista so I tried running in XP mode which didn't correct this and there is nothing on the tech support forums either...
Any ideas (I'm up to date on all drivers)
Try using the Miles 2D sound instead of EAX (there's not that much difference between the two in this game...). Creative's hack isn't always stable, and I've had it cause problems for me in other games.
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-07, 04:19 PM   #31
PaiN
Don't make me MAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowMk84
Try using the Miles 2D sound instead of EAX (there's not that much difference between the two in this game...). Creative's hack isn't always stable, and I've had it cause problems for me in other games.
Funny thing is I tried BioShock and HL2 and they are suddenly doing the same error\BSOD....This install(Vista) has taken alot of lumps over the last few months. I'm need a fresh OS
Core i5 2500K @ 4.2ghz | EVGA Superclock M020 | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws X PC1600 | EVGA GTX570 760/1950 | SB X-Fi Xtremegamer | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610w PSU | (2) WD Black 640gb in RAID"0" | MSI SATA DVD-RW | Saitek Eclipse kb | Logi G5v2 mouse / Steelseries QcK | Antec P182 "Gunmetal" | Logitech 5300a THX 5.1 speakers | ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD
-Windows7 64bit
Old 10-22-07, 07:28 PM   #32
PaiN
Don't make me MAD!

fixed ..with a fresh OS
-Windows7 64bit

Old 10-22-07, 08:53 PM   #33
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

woot
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-07, 09:17 PM   #34
PaiN
Don't make me MAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
woot
now I'm looking forward to my bi-yearly call(activation) to check in on how the people in India are doing .....

btw: Did you know the english translation of; "are you running this copy of Windows XXXX on more than one computer, sir" is ... PLEASE, SAVE ME FROM THIS %*^*%&* CUBICLE HELL MS HAS STUFFED ME IN" ???
-Windows7 64bit
Old 10-23-07, 06:39 AM   #35
Greeno

I've finished it too, and I want to start again now straight away, because I feel I've missed a few things because of my alignment. I'm going to try a new character build and see how that goes, but the fighter I made was difficult to damage by the end of the game let alone kill. Really enjoyed it though, even if it did crash to desktop a fair few times along the way. I liked how you did multiple things at certain places (Mulsantir) rather than visit the odd cave here and there and never go back again. And if anyone else at the end or near the end, or who has completed it...did you kill the Badger outside the Troll lodge? I did and there's a sweet Regen Ring +5 to be had for it.
Greeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-07, 06:48 AM   #36
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeno
I've finished it too, and I want to start again now straight away, because I feel I've missed a few things because of my alignment. I'm going to try a new character build and see how that goes, but the fighter I made was difficult to damage by the end of the game let alone kill. Really enjoyed it though, even if it did crash to desktop a fair few times along the way. I liked how you did multiple things at certain places (Mulsantir) rather than visit the odd cave here and there and never go back again. And if anyone else at the end or near the end, or who has completed it...did you kill the Badger outside the Troll lodge? I did and there's a sweet Regen Ring +5 to be had for it.
:SPOILER:

is that the permanent haste ring? the heart of rashemen? I got that as a reward after finishing the thay academy and talking to sheva whitefeather. I'm not sure how to provoke the badger so I could attack him, so I never tried. suppose it'd be easy if I was evil

:END SPOILER:

I had a second go through it myself because I was very unsatisifed with the ending. Kind of my own fault because I forgot to do something important. once I did that though I got the "perfect" ending, and it was perfect indeed. definitely a satisfying conclusion. kind of made it come full circle, storywise.
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3
Sidric is offline   Reply With Quote