Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-19-07, 11:54 AM   #13
Brent101

Default Re: Vista Driver Believer!! CoH FTW!!!

Hey TiKiMaN1,

How is SLI with the 8800s working out for you? We share very similar system setups with the same OS and I find that SLI for me seems to run worse in games (although my 3dmark scores go up with SLI) than with only a single card enabled. This has been the case with every driver release I've used so far with Vista. Just curious if you notice it as well.

Thanks
Brent101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-07, 11:59 AM   #14
TiKiMaN1

Talking Re: Vista Driver Believer!! CoH FTW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent101
Hey TiKiMaN1,

How is SLI with the 8800s working out for you? We share very similar system setups with the same OS and I find that SLI for me seems to run worse in games (although my 3dmark scores go up with SLI) than with only a single card enabled. This has been the case with every driver release I've used so far with Vista. Just curious if you notice it as well.

Thanks
I'm actually getting awesome SLI performance as seen in those CoH scores. The trick I have found is enabling split screen rendering in the control panel. I am very satisfied with the results I am getting in Vista. In fact I plan to never ever return to XP.

Also to really make sure the performance gets unleased it is imprtant to manually delete every single nV file (besides the chipset dirvers of course) when installing the 165.01 or 158.18 drivers.
TiKiMaN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-07, 12:03 PM   #15
Brent101

Is there an easy way to tell which ones are 8800 driver files and which one are the chipset files? Ive read the other posts about deleting all the files that start with "nv" in the system32 folder, but Im worried that I might get rid of my 680i ones as well.
Old 04-19-07, 12:09 PM   #16
TiKiMaN1

Talking Re: Vista Driver Believer!! CoH FTW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent101
Is there an easy way to tell which ones are 8800 driver files and which one are the chipset files? Ive read the other posts about deleting all the files that start with "nv" in the system32 folder, but Im worried that I might get rid of my 680i ones as well.
The easy way to do it I have found is going to the NVIDIA folder on your C Drive (or whatever letter you are using). Going to the folder that says Vista 64 and finding the folder that says like "100.65" and droping the whole thing in the recycling bin. Then uninstalling the Display Drivers only through Add/Remove Programs. Restart the computer like it prompts you to. Install the new drivers fresh and then enable SLI. Restart again. Change the SLI setting to Split Frame Rendering....then Presto it is a very Vista Happy Day.
TiKiMaN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-07, 12:45 PM   #17
Brent101

Thanks TiKiMaN1 for your advice.

I just re-did all that and Im still finding that games are not running up-to par (mostly experiencing those split second instantaneous pauses).

Perhaps I should give my computer a format and see if it still persists after a clean install.

Thanks for your help though. Really appreciate it.
Old 04-22-07, 11:53 AM   #18
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

tiki you still preffer 165 drivers?