Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > CPUs, Motherboards And Memory

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-19-07, 06:47 PM   #73
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Default Re: Did I buy a good computer for gaming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by consumed
We're going to drop in again tonight, my dad and I and ask for a HD switch to see what I can get. I'm hoping at least for 200gigs. We could have fought it more I suppose but once the guy let up and gave me the E6400 CPU, and agreeded to switch my 8800 320MB card for the 640MB card, my dad and I sorta left it at that. I guess I should have fought it more... I don't know what I would say not if I went back again and told him it wasn't good enough.

I'll talk to my dad because maybe it would just be better to argue for a full refund and no restocking fee, or less than 10% at worst.
Try arguing with him since you have nothing to lose. if he still insists then it might be better to break off because you didnt fight much the previous time.
you can still report or spread a bad rep on him.

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-07, 06:52 PM   #74
TiKiMaN1

Talking Re: Did I buy a good computer for gaming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC
I don't buy dell stuff because I put them in the same category as this shop that robbed consumed. I remember my dell rep (from work) calling me because she wanted my authorization to up the prices on laptops we buy for our employees. I was like ? Me, my boss and the guy that orders the Dell merchandise told dell that if they increased our prices, we will go with HP and not buy anything else from them. I can't imagine the nerve of them calling me to inform me they were going to raise our prices.

The only thing that dell is good for is business servers and probably workstations. I would not dare put anything that they make in my house. Period.
I certainly agree.
TiKiMaN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-07, 10:06 PM   #75
Woodelf
I should be gaming.

IMO:
It almost sounds like he sold you part's at a price he was selling them at, back when he bought them.
In other word's, he might have been trying to restore from a loss on part's he had laying around.
I would tell him to take that cpu back, get the refund (minus restocking fee) and order an oem core duo from Newegg and some thermal grease, or a retail one (comes with a grease applied heatsink). I believe you were way over charged for that processor and could greatly recover from your own loss by doing this.
It's really sick, how much this guy made from you.
Just go to Newegg, price your parts/software and the price of a core duo. If you did want to make a complaint to the BBB, then you might want to create a shopping cart at newegg and email it to yourself. Then you'll have proof of the pricing he should be buying from (or lower since he's a dealer) and the date they were available at those prices.
Either way, It couldn't hurt to get those prices printed out for what ever reason you might need them for.
The way I see it, is that he's making more than 25% profit, which explains the 25% restocking Deterrent. That's how much he doesn't want those part's back. I know he has to make a living, which is why there are labor charges. Marking up or not marking down old stock prices of his parts isn't ethical.
If there are labor charges on the reciept, add those to your newegg price list along with about $50.00 shipping, subtract that from the prices of the part's and software on your recipt. This should show his true profit on you.

When he said this:
"now he would have a used Pentium D cpu in which he said he can't sell."
You should have said, "You mean to suckers like me?". Why would he suggest a processor he can't sell? maybe because he couldn't sell it. Which makes me think it wasn't ordered for you anyway.
He knows he took you, and He's not hiding it very well.
Personally, If I were you and knew any friends who build (assuming you don't build), show them this thread. That should drive them to help you out. Then I'd take it back for a refund, take the loss and build a better computer with the remainder of the money or contact the bbb for a full refund. You could always say "it doesn't perform in games as promised now and definatly not a year from now" as a reason for you dissatisfaction.

You told the guy to build a computer to play games for the next two years right?.
How does it perform with all setting's cranked up in the games anyway?. This could help the BBB and your Dept of consumer protection get you a full refund.
Charging a legal restocking fee is one thing, but selling a product that doesn't perform as promised is another.
You just set your standard's higher than he can match by going for the ability to play the games as they were intended (High settings). A computer that can't play at high setting's now will have trouble playing new games a year or two from now at any settings. 320MB on that (bottom end for an 8800) gts video card is going to be a problem that should help prove this point too. I believe some games don't even allow certain features with out 512MB of video memory. COD, Gothic 3? can't remember.

Your argument to the BBB should be the amount of profit he made vs the performance you could have had (were promised) at a more appropriate profit.
i7920 @ 4.0 DO - Gigabyte ud4p - g.skill trident 6x2 ddr3 2000 @1600 7.7.7.18.1 - Cogage true spirit/sythe kaze 2000 - 2x Raid "0" WD 500GB (black) - xfi fatal1ty pro - Asus 5970 900/1200 - Corsair 1000HX - Samsung px2370
Woodelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-07, 10:39 PM   #76
Woodelf
I should be gaming.

Sorry, didn't catch this.
Well, it seem's he's proving his worth as a crappy buisnessman anyway. He knew he was wrong and caved. Maybe he had a newegg invoice too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by consumed
Better news today

I went back first thing this morning with my dad in hope we could get futher than I did with my cousin last night. When we showed up there was 1 customer already talking to the guy and so to make a scene my dad raised a stink about his prices and how much he charged me. My dad isn't too computer techy so he just went on the prices and info I showed him off newegg and what the owner charged me. He told my dad to wait while he just helped the customer and so my dad got more ticked off at the guy. My dad started to explain to the customer his rediculous 25% restocking fee, and the differences in price between what I paid and what the parts are really selling for.
When the customer started to ask the owner about his pricing and 25% it got a whole lot better. He tried to dig his way out, told my dad the prices must have just fallen... did they? and told his technician in the back to come upfront. He got his technician to swap my Pentium D to a Core 2 Duo E6400 CPU for no charge, and as well said if I bring the computer back in next week, he'll upgrade me to the 640MB Version of the 8800 I got.
So, I guess I came out a little better with persistance.
i7920 @ 4.0 DO - Gigabyte ud4p - g.skill trident 6x2 ddr3 2000 @1600 7.7.7.18.1 - Cogage true spirit/sythe kaze 2000 - 2x Raid "0" WD 500GB (black) - xfi fatal1ty pro - Asus 5970 900/1200 - Corsair 1000HX - Samsung px2370
Old 04-19-07, 10:49 PM   #77
Madpistol
It's a wittle baby!

Send a message via AIM to Madpistol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
Here's the recording of that great Dell tech-support. *LOL*

http://www.break.com/index/dell_tech_support_moron.html
OMG!!! Wow... just wow.... I think I just wet myself. That made my day.

MadPistol's Rig

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (RB-C3) @ 4Ghz, 1.425 Vcore, 1.25V NB VID
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm fan)
Gigabyte UD3H AM3 790GX motherboard
XFX Radeon HD 5870
PNY XLR8 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality Titanium
OCZ Vertex II 120GB SSD (OS drive)
Western Digital 500GB Caviar (black)
Western Digital 640GB Blue
Samsung DVD burner
Logitech MX performance mouse
Logitech G15 keyboard
Corsair HX 750-watt Modular PSU
Antec Nine Hundred case
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
ASUS MK241 24" LCD
ACER X241W 24" LCD - RIP
Madpistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-07, 12:11 AM   #78
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar
I never said Dell's tech support was brilliant but as someone who deals with every company's tech support on a daily basis, I can assure you that not ONCE has dell upset me, confused me, spoke in an accent that I couldn't understand or give me any type of lame excuses when I came to them with problems. And the problems with Dells where I work (US Air force) is minimal. HP, Gateway, Toshiba and IBM get called on a daily basis. None of them except IBM can build a laptop worth taking a dump on.

All these compnaies can go by when a problem arises is their little knowledge base in their computers. Those who aren't as savvy as we are obviously won't have the depth of knowledge on which cpus' go in certain sockets becuase it's not one of those common problems most pc users encounter on a daily basis.

And as far as their prices go, all this for $1100 doesn't sound like there's much gouging going on.

Intel ® Core™2 Duo Processor E6400 (2.13GHz, 1066 FSB)
Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium
20 inch E207WFP Widescreen Digital Flat Panel
2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz- 2DIMMs
250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
16x DVD+/-RW Drive
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3000
Integrated Sound Blaster®Audigy™ HD Software Edition

the system I built my dad cost the same price and his didn't come with a flat panel, audigy or vista...
+1 Dell is one of the few tech support places that I don't have a problem calling up because they have always had great service. The worst place I've ever had to call goes to Infocus hands down. They do not have their stuff together at all. You call Dell, they can pull up all of the info about that computer, and they have their own diagnostics tools which makes it really easy to get replacement parts. Just pop in a cd, get the error code it throws, and tell them it. They can trace what the problem is, and send you the correct parts.

Oh btw *cough* We get more than that for less *cough*
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-07, 03:15 AM   #79
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
Here's the recording of that great Dell tech-support. *LOL*

http://www.break.com/index/dell_tech_support_moron.html
Customer is an idiot. Would you sit there and take abuse like that? I wouldn't?
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-07, 03:25 AM   #80
mojoman0

Oh man this guy got rooked. Could've gotten an 8800gtx for that price too!
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-07, 09:03 AM   #81
Xion X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaahu_Akbar
Customer is an idiot. Would you sit there and take abuse like that? I wouldn't?
No, but a lot of that could've been avoided. The idiot Dell rep should've just told the guy right off the bat how to turn the machine off instead of trying to obtain his service tag #, etc. I've worked in customer service before, and it's often easy to tell which individuals are going to have a short fuse and need prompt attention.

And if you heard, the guy also said he had been talking to automated system after automated system trying to get to a tech support rep for the last hour. Although we don't know for sure if he's telling the truth or not, we know that that's often the case with many of these large companies.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-07, 10:57 AM   #82
mullet

WOW, that call was outrageous. I was a internet rep for a while and 99.9% of the time when people like that call in they get hung up on period. The dell rep was getting even bottom line. I did the same thing to a guy that called in and was a jackass and the first words out of his mouth f**k so I dragged it out forever. People need to learn when they call in NOT to give the phone support people crap on the phone.
Old 04-20-07, 01:42 PM   #83
consumed

I got a full refund!! My dad and I went back last night and asked for a straight out refund but the owner would not budge on his 25% restocking fee. Finally after about 20 minutes of back and forth arguing on the pricing of the parts, he agreed to give us a full refund but with a 5% restocking fee. I guess 5% is alot better than 25%, although the owner said he does not wish to deal with my dad or myself in the future.
consumed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-07, 01:47 PM   #84
Woodelf
I should be gaming.

Wow, that's incredible!!.
Now you can get a real good one.