Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-22-07, 03:14 PM   #1
scotty2hott2k

Default compiz performance.

first off, im sorry if this has been talked about many times before, i did a quick search but couldn't find a definitive answer to my question.

Currently (im using ubuntu and 9755) when using compiz if the cpu is put under any strain (ie firefox is rendering a page) then the gui freezes, now ive read about the gl_yield so called 'fix'.

from what ive gathered this is an nvidia bug/problem? If so, a) does the new 100x beta driver fix this 'issue', if not has there been any mention on when/if it might get fixed?

again, sorry if it has been done to death but like i said i did try and find an answer but couldn't.

thanks in advanced,

scott
scotty2hott2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-07, 06:31 PM   #2
okasion

Default Re: compiz performance.

Sorry, chances are youre not getting any answer, recently NVIDIA seems to only care about releasing new cards, even when their drivers dont work well.
This has been a problem since Compiz came out, and still NVIDIA are not doing anything, all those engineers, what is so difficult about this that you cant fix it?
direct-rendering its slow, __GL_YIELD with indirect-rendering doesnt work, so we are stuck with this problem.

PS: And im not even mentioning the VTERM switch bug.

I support NVIDIA, buying their cards and using their software, because they have better support for linux AND UNIX/BSD than ATI, but really guys, YOU KNOW that this bug has been since almost a year, and its a creppy bug that would make the difference between using NVIDIA on linux or not.
A response would be very appreciated, but im sure you guys will ask us to make a "formal" request, even when you know perfectly what are we talking about.
okasion is offline   Reply With Quote