Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-23-07, 05:24 PM   #1
djdoo
*BANNED*

Thumbs down New 100.14.03 driver? Really new?

Yesterday I downloaded and installed the new beta driver. I have a Geforce FX 5200 and I experience 2 major and very annoying bugs with all the previous drivers.
We were all expecting the new 100 driver as a millestone which would have ended the major and well mentioned and discussed bugs!!!
But sadly when I ran the new driver my problems (and many other people's too) where THERE!!! The nvidia-settings has the <trail garbage> bug once again meaning that it doesn't load my settings and each time I boot the PC I have to reset the colours!!
And the most fascinating is that this bug is SOLVED!, zander from nvidia had uploaded a new nvidia-settings that works fine a long time ago before the new driver arrived!!!
The other bug is the well known <beryl black windows> which is there too!!
Also (I think generally not only 6200) Geforce 6 cards have a bug that when you change from X to console or just shutdown system you get a completely black screen although the PC goes on normally but you cannot do or see anything on it!! (I experienced that bug on a laptop with 6600 Go card).
Also performance is the same as the 9755 and previous drivers not to say worser...
The only new feature is support for 8600+8500 cards...

I think NVIDIA must explaine us what is going on here...
And where are the great series 100 drivers that they were telling us...
djdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-07, 05:48 PM   #2
zander
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: New 100.14.03 driver? Really new?

100.14.03 was built too early to pick up the `nvidia-settings` locale bug fix, but future builds should. For what it's worth, you can continue to use the binary I posted earlier with this driver. With respect to the GLX_ext_texture_from_pixmap 'black window bug', it's being worked on, but 100.14.03 was not claimed to address this problem.
zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-07, 06:04 PM   #3
djdoo
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zander
100.14.03 was built too early to pick up the `nvidia-settings` locale bug fix, but future builds should. For what it's worth, you can continue to use the binary I posted earlier with this driver. With respect to the GLX_ext_texture_from_pixmap 'black window bug', it's being worked on, but 100.14.03 was not claimed to address this problem.
I was really looking forward for your binary to be included in the new release because the bug happens generally for Greek locale and for others and is really annoying, I think it is more annoying than beryl black windows (at least for me) and when you gave the new binary (which I use with the new driver too) I was certain that it would be part of the new driver cause you had already made the binary!!

Finally do you mean that the new beta driver released just for 8600, 8500 cards to work?
Do you have anything more useful scheduled for all of us don't own 8600, 8500 models?
djdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-07, 06:36 PM   #4
tante

Quote:
Originally Posted by zander
Thanks for some information, but what I'd really like to see is something that even adobe realized.

They set up a blog about development for the flash plugin version 9 so people could at least see somehow that things were being worked on.

How about the nividia linux developers getting a blog up and running for us to somehow keep track of your work? Maybe that way interaction would be more pleasant for all of us (not so much this "forum, someone whines, dev has to run in and clear a few things up" kinda thing, but a more proactive thingy?

Of course it would only work if the blog was updated from time to time, but it would take out some of the heat.
tante is offline   Reply With Quote