Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-02-07, 08:33 PM   #13
martinho

Unhappy Re: X works, but videos only show black (with sound)

exactly the same problem here :-\, any solution so far?
I have a 7600GT PCI-E card.
martinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-07, 02:37 AM   #14
sdhank

Default Re: X works, but videos only show black (with sound)

Bumping a bit of an old thread, but this sounds exactly like the problem I'm having. I suspect it is an issue with MythTv, but I'm not so sure since the same setup works perfectly on different hardware.

Here's my story:
I set up Myth under Fedora Core 6 with Nvidia driver 9755 on an older motherboard/processor using an AGP PNY Geforce 6200 board. It displayed video perfectly using Myth with XvMC.

I upgraded to an AMD X2 with an ECS K8M890-M motherboard. Since the onboard video isn't well supported I bought a PCI-E GeForce 6200. I specifically picked this board because I'd had such good luck with the AGP one and wanted the same chipset.

I plugged the same disk with same kernel and same driver into the new board. Everything came up and seemed to work perfectly until I attempt to display video. The video is black and white with colored vertical lines running through it -- not what I expected since it's the same driver with the same chipset.

I am able to play video if I recompile Myth to not use XvMC. But why does XvMC playback work differently between the two boards?
sdhank is offline   Reply With Quote