Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-26-07, 09:11 AM   #37
grey_1

Default Re: Vista 32 or 64bit ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
*Bear-hugs Grey_1*

IT WORKED!!! W00T!

Thanks again Grey. BFME (the original) is one of my favorite games. Mostly due to online game play (with me and a bunch of buddies). I was really hoping it'd work on Vista- and it does. Furthermore, it is running better than it ever did under XP.

So... untill I find a game that won't work under Vista but will in XP- I'm remaining 100% Vista for now.
LOL..Not in front of the guys!

Glad it worked for you.
Old 04-26-07, 09:11 AM   #38
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

i never dual booted on my main PC.

been messing around with vista since early pre-beta1. So I knew what was waiting for me once i installed final version.

there is just one game taht doesn't work for me, and is that stupid bug infested Deus Ex Invisible War.
Old 04-26-07, 09:22 AM   #39
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1
LOL..Not in front of the guys!

Glad it worked for you.
Haha! Well, I can't wait to bring my rig over to my friend's house this Saturday. I'm heading over there for some MP goodness in BFME. That is why I was so bummed that it crashed. But now that it is fixed...

He (my friend) bought Vista shortly after it came out, but he got Home Basic (he was running my copy of XP Pro). His rigs aren't that new (A64 3700/A8N SLi Premium/1GB DDR400 RAM/320GB HDD/6600GT, A64 3500/MSI K8N Neo4 Ultra/1GB DDR400/250GB HDD/6600GT, AXP 2800/ASUS A7N8X Dlx/ 6800GT/512MB DDR400) so he was expecting it all to work right out of the box. Well, in short, he had nothing but problems getting BFME to work (I believe the same problem I had)- and so he decided to scrap Vista for now and just use XP till SP1 for Vista is released.

Well, now I get to go over Saturday and show him what he's missing out on.

That's gonna' rule.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-07, 09:55 AM   #40
methimpikehoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen
Yeah, I wonder what version it will ship with? I've got the newest one on a CD right now, but I'll probably have to use the darn floppy disk because I don't have a USB thumbdrive yet and I don't have any money to buy one either.....that is until I get my video card.

I am glad though that the P5B-E has a built-in feature where you can run the flash utility by pressing Alt-F2 or something and then having a floppy or a USB thumbdrive.
There's an EZ-Flash option within the BIOS that's really EZ to use.
Old 04-26-07, 12:43 PM   #41
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
Haha! Well, I can't wait to bring my rig over to my friend's house this Saturday. I'm heading over there for some MP goodness in BFME. That is why I was so bummed that it crashed. But now that it is fixed...

He (my friend) bought Vista shortly after it came out, but he got Home Basic (he was running my copy of XP Pro). His rigs aren't that new (A64 3700/A8N SLi Premium/1GB DDR400 RAM/320GB HDD/6600GT, A64 3500/MSI K8N Neo4 Ultra/1GB DDR400/250GB HDD/6600GT, AXP 2800/ASUS A7N8X Dlx/ 6800GT/512MB DDR400) so he was expecting it all to work right out of the box. Well, in short, he had nothing but problems getting BFME to work (I believe the same problem I had)- and so he decided to scrap Vista for now and just use XP till SP1 for Vista is released.

Well, now I get to go over Saturday and show him what he's missing out on.

That's gonna' rule.
LoL..nothing like a little "Nyah nyah mine works yours doesn't!" to brighten a day.
Old 04-26-07, 12:45 PM   #42
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfhound
Im going to do the same, Im dual booting now, but Im going to remove XP and use Vista only
I wiped XP a little while back, maybe 3 weeks and haven't looked back once. Very happy with Vista.
Old 04-26-07, 02:31 PM   #43
Bowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses
There's an EZ-Flash option within the BIOS that's really EZ to use.
Yeah I know, but thanx! You press something like Alt+F2...something like that right? I'll be using THAT path to updating the BIOS. I wish they could make some sort of rudimentary burning software so you could use a CD-R/DVD-R. I like that more than a floppy. I don't have a USB thumbdrive, or I'd use that instead.
CM HAF 922 Case / MSI Z77A-G45 / Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.8GHz / 16GB (4x4GB) G.SKILL PC3 12800 DDR3 RAM / eVGA GeForce GTX 670 SC / Seagate 500GB SATA / WD 1TB SATA / Optiarc AD-7240S Burner / Corsair HX850 PSU / Windows 7 HP x64
Bowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-07, 02:34 PM   #44
Bowen

Quote:
I wiped XP a little while back, maybe 3 weeks and haven't looked back once. Very happy with Vista.

I'm seriously debating on just installing Vista and not XP at all. I get tired of looking at the dualboot menu screen when you dual boot, plus you always have to select or wait until the timer runs down. Sure you can adjust the timer, but then that defeats the purpose. I think I'm gonna just install Vista and then if I don't like it or have some problems with it, I'll just format it, and then install XP and make partitions and then install Vista again.....
CM HAF 922 Case / MSI Z77A-G45 / Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.8GHz / 16GB (4x4GB) G.SKILL PC3 12800 DDR3 RAM / eVGA GeForce GTX 670 SC / Seagate 500GB SATA / WD 1TB SATA / Optiarc AD-7240S Burner / Corsair HX850 PSU / Windows 7 HP x64

Old 04-26-07, 05:03 PM   #45
grey_1

Quote:
I'm seriously debating on just installing Vista and not XP at all. I get tired of looking at the dualboot menu screen when you dual boot, plus you always have to select or wait until the timer runs down. Sure you can adjust the timer, but then that defeats the purpose. I think I'm gonna just install Vista and then if I don't like it or have some problems with it, I'll just format it, and then install XP and make partitions and then install Vista again.....
tbh I was expecting quite a few problems, and was happily dissappointed. The only issue I've had at all has been driver related, and they appear to be coming along very nicely.

I'm not very fond of the nero 7.8 update...but that's just a small thing.

If you go the whole route, I hope it's as good to you as it's been to me.
Old 04-26-07, 05:09 PM   #46
Bowen

Quote:
tbh I was expecting quite a few problems, and was happily dissappointed. The only issue I've had at all has been driver related, and they appear to be coming along very nicely.

I'm not very fond of the nero 7.8 update...but that's just a small thing.

If you go the whole route, I hope it's as good to you as it's been to me.

I have Nero as well...version 7. something but it looks like I'll need to update it then. I'm so excited now I stayed up all night and still can't sleep. I'm waiting for my parts to come in along with Vista. My new G80 might be here by tomorrow but it could also be here on Monday. I think I'll just build it and then throw my crappy Radeon X300 in there and not install any drivers and just let Vista use it's drivers. This way it will be much easier to install the Nvidia drivers when I get the card.
Old 04-26-07, 05:59 PM   #47
grey_1

Quote:
I have Nero as well...version 7. something but it looks like I'll need to update it then. I'm so excited now I stayed up all night and still can't sleep. I'm waiting for my parts to come in along with Vista. My new G80 might be here by tomorrow but it could also be here on Monday. I think I'll just build it and then throw my crappy Radeon X300 in there and not install any drivers and just let Vista use it's drivers. This way it will be much easier to install the Nvidia drivers when I get the card.
Here's the link for the nero update.
http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/nero7-up.php
After you start installing it as a trial it will ask for your cd. Kind of a p.i.t.a. but not too bad.

Your gonna love the G80. atm performance is equal to or better than XP using the 158.18s, playing FEAR and STALKER.

Good times.
Old 04-26-07, 06:14 PM   #48
Bowen

Quote:
Here's the link for the nero update.
http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/nero7-up.php
After you start installing it as a trial it will ask for your cd. Kind of a p.i.t.a. but not too bad.

Your gonna love the G80. atm performance is equal to or better than XP using the 158.18s, playing FEAR and STALKER.

Good times.

Awesome...thanx allot I really appreciate it. FedEx just delivered my CPU, Mobo, PSU, memory and Vista HP! If my G80 doesn't come until Monday, I'm not sure if I can wait that long. I'll have to throw my X300 in there until the G80 comes I guess...heh.