Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-25-03, 07:13 PM   #1
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Default nvidas comment to the 3dmark driver banning...

Quote:
<SwedBear> Do you have any comments about Futuremarks decision to withdraw all the results done with several of your leaked driver revisions?

<NV_Bill> I really don't have a comment on that.
<NV_Bill> next
well there it is straight from nvidia.. the interview is currently going on live right now... and im watching it.
also....

Quote:
<SwedBear> Ok, since I get completely bombarded regarding this: Can you give any info about the upcoming Detonator 50 drivers?

<NV_Bill> Good timing; I'm happy to say that we are planning on a driver release later this week.
here is the chatlog for everyone who missed it:
http://www.************/_preview.php?articleID=254

Last edited by jAkUp; 03-25-03 at 08:56 PM.
jAkUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-03, 07:19 PM   #2
ChrisRay

I forget which website had this interview
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-03, 07:25 PM   #3
ChrisRay

Thanks listening to it now
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
Old 03-25-03, 08:45 PM   #4
muzz

I am reading that log, and am seeing alot of PR speak myself....
Do you guys actually believe all this stuff that he's saying?
I am trying to be very diplomatic in my wording here.
Old 03-25-03, 08:52 PM   #5
sebazve

3. <SwedBear> What does 'optimized for and played best on' really mean? I think a lot would like to argue that they play great on competitor hardware to
<NV_Bill> The long and the short of it is that developers in the program are using NVIDIA to design, develop, and test their products...
[19:05] <NV_Bill> If a player wants to play the game pixel for pixel the way that the game was created, you can do that using NVIDIA gpus.
<NV_Bill> It was born out of the fact that most developers and publishers use NVIDIA as their "reference standard" for hardware and driver compatibility.

ROFLMAO
Old 03-25-03, 10:09 PM   #6
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by sebazve
3. <SwedBear> What does 'optimized for and played best on' really mean? I think a lot would like to argue that they play great on competitor hardware to
<NV_Bill> The long and the short of it is that developers in the program are using NVIDIA to design, develop, and test their products...
[19:05] <NV_Bill> If a player wants to play the game pixel for pixel the way that the game was created, you can do that using NVIDIA gpus.
<NV_Bill> It was born out of the fact that most developers and publishers use NVIDIA as their "reference standard" for hardware and driver compatibility.

ROFLMAO

Uhm...is their a transcript up yet? I can't believe they were really saying this...
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-03, 10:15 PM   #7
ChrisRay

Thats really not an unreasonable comment, Because up until very recently thats been true, And alot of designers definately do this.

His answer was as diplomatic as you could hope for with such a question.

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

Old 03-25-03, 10:18 PM   #8
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisRay
Thats really not an unreasonable comment, Because up until very recently thats been true, And alot of designers definately do this.

His answer was as diplomatic as you could hope for with such a question.
people either side of the fence will view the comments as either representative and somewhat pr'd gloss that is to the point... or as a fair load of cow excreta

its the nature of being a supporter... no matter how unbiased you may be.. of one company or the other... fanboyism is inherently in our genes

it is the DEGREE of fanboyism that separates the level headed from the rest...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-03, 10:22 PM   #9
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazar
people either side of the fence will view the comments as either representative and somewhat pr'd gloss that is to the point... or as a fair load of cow excreta

its the nature of being a supporter... no matter how unbiased you may be.. of one company or the other... fanboyism is inherently in our genes

it is the DEGREE of fanboyism that separates the level headed from the rest...

I just find it difficult to imagine how he could have answered the question differently

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

Old 03-25-03, 10:24 PM   #10
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisRay
I just find it difficult to imagine how he could have answered the question differently
he could have talked about the little flowers that come with all VW beetles... that would have been highly diplomatic and he would not have been taking sides...

IMO...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-03, 10:25 PM   #11
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazar
he could have talked about the little flowers that come with all VW beetles... that would have been highly diplomatic and he would not have been taking sides...

IMO...
hehehe

Well you can't expect anything more or less from Nvidia or ATI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

Old 03-25-03, 10:27 PM   #12
muzz

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Uhm...is their a transcript up yet? I can't believe they were really saying this...
Yes Dig there is.... thats what I was referring to, as I wouldn't watch that.