Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-15-07, 10:34 PM   #13
anxdiety

Send a message via Yahoo to anxdiety
Default Re: WoW Rogues and DPS!

http://www.lossendil.com/wws/?report=44f5afl6cah5y

From our most recent raid on Tuesday.

Also swords are more dps mathematically than daggers. Not even taking positioning into consideration. Not to mention the difference in scaling once you start looking at haste gear later on.

Rogue pvp is meh at the moment. In high end 5v5 in arena's we definitely need some help. 30/0/31 daggers is now really bad for high end PvP. You would actually want to consider combat maces for the stun effect. The reason behind that is daggers rely on soo much crit and with resilience its horrible. Most good PvP'ers actually have upwards of 400+ resilience now. That's a huge reduction. I only pvp now just to get welfare points and pick up cheap weapons while I wait for them to drop in raids.
Old 08-16-07, 10:13 AM   #14
Phyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxdiety
http://www.lossendil.com/wws/?report=44f5afl6cah5y

From our most recent raid on Tuesday.

Also swords are more dps mathematically than daggers. Not even taking positioning into consideration. Not to mention the difference in scaling once you start looking at haste gear later on.

Rogue pvp is meh at the moment. In high end 5v5 in arena's we definitely need some help. 30/0/31 daggers is now really bad for high end PvP. You would actually want to consider combat maces for the stun effect. The reason behind that is daggers rely on soo much crit and with resilience its horrible. Most good PvP'ers actually have upwards of 400+ resilience now. That's a huge reduction. I only pvp now just to get welfare points and pick up cheap weapons while I wait for them to drop in raids.
I wanted to do the same with the weapons and arena as well. But, with work and raiding, I'm generally too busy to worry about arena. I so miss PvP though. I love it.

Also, we've moved into Hyjal and BT recently, and the weapons that are dropping are in-line with the season 2 stuff. I'm pretty much not worrying about the arena weapons because of that.

Swords became better DPS when they changed the Windfury proc. to a true extra attack. By that I mean it doesn't reset the swing timer anymore. It was a simple change, but it made all the difference. BTW, I still haven't moved to swords yet. HAHAHA!

Phyre
Phyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-07, 10:24 AM   #15
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
I ran Mana Tombs on my druid lastnight. I tanked the whole thing with 2 rogues and a hunter as dps. I topped the meters and noticed I got a lot of killing blows. I guess they were competing too hard for eviscerates.
I HATE DROODS with a passion! Blizzard broke druids when they made them the tank and self healers.

No offense but the fact that you were top on the DPS meter only proves the point that druids are one messed up class. It takes NO skill to play them.

I stopped being a tank when a dumb arss druid with no skill can have more HP than me, more armor, more DPS and better aggro management.

I'm not slamming you Tr1ck. I'm sure you are a skilled player. I am pissed at Blizzard for further unbalancing of the classes. They made warriors useless and a waste of time to play. Warriors are only as good as their healer. Druids are only as good as their macros.

Oh and don't get me started in on Pallies and Mages.

Just balance the classes out Blizzard, instead of forcing every one to play just a couple of classes.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-07, 10:32 AM   #16
jolle

Classes seem to shove around a bit.
Im not to well read up on that but a guildie keeps saying that Priests are now prefered as shadow with DPS, druids as healers and Boss tanks, with pallys as grouped mob tanks.

From own experience I havent been able to steal agro with my rogue from a buddy that tanks as pally, while I have to watch it with warrior tanks.
And our shadow priests die on every pull in Karazhan due to over agroing and does massive dps.
Old 08-16-07, 10:41 AM   #17
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle
Classes seem to shove around a bit.
Im not to well read up on that but a guildie keeps saying that Priests are now prefered as shadow with DPS, druids as healers and Boss tanks, with pallys as grouped mob tanks.
Yeah, warriors are just not need any more.

Quote:
From own experience I havent been able to steal agro with my rogue from a buddy that tanks as pally, while I have to watch it with warrior tanks.
And our shadow priests die on every pull in Karazhan due to over agroing and does massive dps.
That is because pallies cause high threat with their spells. Warriors have only a couple of threat possibilities. They reduced threat on two of the threat talents which made no sense.

Shadow priests are idiots. They have NO clue how to manage their aggro. They throw out their top ranked shadow spell and cry "REZ ME" after they pulled off the tank. Worse yet, they run around like chickens with their heads cut off crying "I GOT AGGRO GET IT OFF ME!" Stop running around you idiot and run to the tank.

Shadow damage might be the highest threat spell out there. I'm not sure but it has to be close to the highest.
Old 08-16-07, 11:25 AM   #18
nVJoe

I just found this on the WoW forums. This guy is a friking idiot.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...65650880&sid=1
Quote:
EDIT: Just noticed -

Warriors are the best tanks in the game. This class was designed the same way you see most warriors in other games designed. Focused on heavy armor and protection skills while still providing dps as an alternate means of speccing if desired. Rage was an issue for a while especially with the buff to druids, so warriors were given more rage to offset this. Warriors should be the best at tanking while being comparable to rogues in dps as long as they spec into it.

Let Blizz's hardon for warriors continue...
What a complete moron. He is complaining about warriors. They are the most pathetic class in the game. If they don't have a healer they are brought down with ease. Secondly it is the Druid that Blizzard has gone nuts over and his candy arss has the balls to complain. Druids are gods in WoW right now.

I can't believe druids are complaining in that thread. They can do it all. Shoot I saw a druid walk up to Ragnoros and demand his loot. Rag gave it over and ran away with his tail between his legs.

Seriously druids need to shut their mouths. They have it easy.
Old 08-16-07, 11:54 AM   #19
Phyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
DPS casters are idiots. They have NO clue how to manage their aggro. They throw out their top ranked shadow spell and cry "REZ ME" after they pulled off the tank. Worse yet, they run around like chickens with their heads cut off crying "I GOT AGGRO GET IT OFF ME!" Stop running around you idiot and run to the tank.
Fixt!

Being a dagger rogue, it's all the more noticed. Having to shift positions 4-6 times on one trash mob because some mage, warlock, or shadow priest pulls aggro is so frustrating. It's really frustrating when you're chasing the mob back to the culprit and they are in the middle of casting another stupid high threat spell as the mob is about to give them a trip to the spirit healer. >.<

Phyre
Phyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-07, 12:05 PM   #20
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyre
Fixt!

Being a dagger rogue, it's all the more noticed. Having to shift positions 4-6 times on one trash mob because some mage, warlock, or shadow priest pulls aggro is so frustrating. It's really frustrating when you're chasing the mob back to the culprit and they are in the middle of casting another stupid high threat spell as the mob is about to give them a trip to the spirit healer. >.<

Phyre
Mages and shadow priests are the worst tho. Locks rarely pull aggro. When mages and shadows pull aggro I just stand there and wait for the mob to come back.

When I was tank I would not go back and pull the mob off of that caster. As soon as that caster dies, the mob will come back to me. That caster bitches and moans that I didn't do my job. My reply was, no I was doing my job. You weren't doing yours very well. My job is to tank, not watch you show how much DPS you can pump into a mob and get your self killed. I am not here to keep YOU alive. We are all here to reach the goal of getting the mad lootz as a group. To do that we all need to do our jobs.

Eventually the casters understand my point or they get tired of dying so they don't pull aggro any more. When they do it is a accident or freak crit and they run to me so I can taunt it back off. If it is a accident then yes I will run to them and pull it off but those who just want to top the DPS meter, I let die. They can't be at the top of the meter if they can't cast.

Old 08-16-07, 01:28 PM   #21
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
I HATE DROODS with a passion! Blizzard broke druids when they made them the tank and self healers.

No offense but the fact that you were top on the DPS meter only proves the point that druids are one messed up class. It takes NO skill to play them.

I stopped being a tank when a dumb arss druid with no skill can have more HP than me, more armor, more DPS and better aggro management.

I'm not slamming you Tr1ck. I'm sure you are a skilled player. I am pissed at Blizzard for further unbalancing of the classes. They made warriors useless and a waste of time to play. Warriors are only as good as their healer. Druids are only as good as their macros.

Oh and don't get me started in on Pallies and Mages.

Just balance the classes out Blizzard, instead of forcing every one to play just a couple of classes.
NP

In my defense, I was a 60 raiding Shaman back in the day. Then I rolled a feral Druid up to 60 WAY before TBC and before they had decent specs and gear itemization. I was one of very very few ferals on the server. I then rerolled on another server and played up to 60 then 70 as a tanking Warrior. I have now transfered all my toons to one server and the Warrior is still my main, but I have too much fun on the Druid and yes we are overpowered when it comes to PvE. Before 2.0 though, we were one of the worst classes to play.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-07, 02:08 PM   #22
nVJoe

Quote:
NP

In my defense, I was a 60 raiding Shaman back in the day. Then I rolled a feral Druid up to 60 WAY before TBC and before they had decent specs and gear itemization. I was one of very very few ferals on the server. I then rerolled on another server and played up to 60 then 70 as a tanking Warrior. I have now transfered all my toons to one server and the Warrior is still my main, but I have too much fun on the Druid and yes we are overpowered when it comes to PvE. Before 2.0 though, we were one of the worst classes to play.
This is true and that is the problem I have with Blizzard. They ignore a class like druids for a long time. Later they make them uber and totally throw the class balance out of wack. It isn't druids I hate. It is Blizzard's inability to tune the characters evenly.

BTW, after Shaman were nerfed, they became useless. They are now the new hunters, no one wants them in their group. LOL! I don't feel too bad because shammies used to be the gods of WoW for a long time. LOL! I would take a pally over a Shammie in a group in a milisecond. Pallies are just awesome for group. Their one draw back is the people who play pallies are FRIKING STUPID!
Old 08-16-07, 02:21 PM   #23
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
This is true and that is the problem I have with Blizzard. They ignore a class like druids for a long time. Later they make them uber and totally throw the class balance out of wack. It isn't druids I hate. It is Blizzard's inability to tune the characters evenly.

BTW, after Shaman were nerfed, they became useless. They are now the new hunters, no one wants them in their group. LOL! I don't feel too bad because shammies used to be the gods of WoW for a long time. LOL! I would take a pally over a Shammie in a group in a milisecond. Pallies are just awesome for group. Their one draw back is the people who play pallies are FRIKING STUPID!
I agree.

Pallies are great healers and cleaners and can be great as Prot too. Shaman need help badly. The only hunters worth anything anymore are BM. Druids can tank and heal well, but the cat dps is lacking on high end raids. The saddest class is warriors, no doubt. Out tanked and out dpsed by everyone else.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-07, 02:30 PM   #24
nVJoe

Quote:
I agree.

Pallies are great healers and cleaners and can be great as Prot too. Shaman need help badly. The only hunters worth anything anymore are BM. Druids can tank and heal well, but the cat dps is lacking on high end raids. The saddest class is warriors, no doubt. Out tanked and out dpsed by everyone else.
Yep. They are the only class completely dependent on another class for PVP. Since the betas where the warrior way way over powered, warriors have been left alone. I always thought that warriors were well balanced for a year or so and they are still pretty well balance. The problem is every one else has surpassed them with their improvements. I don't think warriors need to be beefed up. I think the other classes need to be rolled back a bit.