Tr1cK
not coming back

Default Re: WoW Rogues and DPS!

F-that, BEEF ME!!!
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-07, 09:55 PM   #26
Hambone

I personally like Warriors. I have no idea why people like to complain about them so much. With the same gear they are going to have far more HP's than any other class, and those HP's are going to be more protected (valuable) than any other class - which snowballs into making heals more effective on warriors. A warrior in defensive stance with 3 points in Defiance generates 145% threat (base). Any other class (cough - pally) has to make up that extra 45% base threat just to match a warrior. In an instance, I want my tank to be a Warrior period.

And in PVP I've never had so many laughs as watching mages kill themselves by launching a nuke at a warrior when spell reflect is up.

Why is it that everyone seems to think they're the great WoW expert on every class? I mean it's damn annoying....
Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-07, 11:22 PM   #27
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone
I personally like Warriors. I have no idea why people like to complain about them so much.
We aren't complaining that warriors suck. Quite th contrary. Warriors are the most balance class in the game. They are pretty much perfect. The problem is Pallies, Druid, Mages and Hunters are over powered.
Quote:
With the same gear they are going to have far more HP's than any other class,
This isn't true. A Druid tank can have more HP and armor than a warrior.

Quote:
And in PVP I've never had so many laughs as watching mages kill themselves by launching a nuke at a warrior when spell reflect is up.
Yeah if you have a trinket but a good warrior cannot kill a good mage with the same level gear.

Quote:
Why is it that everyone seems to think they're the great WoW expert on every class? I mean it's damn annoying....
LOL! No one said they were experts. It is just our opinion and ones that most share.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-07, 08:01 AM   #28
jolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Yeah if you have a trinket but a good warrior cannot kill a good mage with the same level gear.
Spell reflect is a skill I think.
Shield and defensive stance required, and it will reflect spells at the caster.. lasts 5 secs. dunno if it will reflect 1 spell, or all spells cast while its active tho.
Old 08-20-07, 08:17 AM   #29
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle
Spell reflect is a skill I think.
Shield and defensive stance required, and it will reflect spells at the caster.. lasts 5 secs. dunno if it will reflect 1 spell, or all spells cast while its active tho.
Defensive stance NOT required.
It costs 25 freaking rage. Do you know how much you get from being kited? ZERO except from the damage you receive. Spell Reflect is PvE only pretty much for tanks to reduce damage from caster mobs.

Don't tell us about playing warriors. I leveled mine to 60 then 70 on a PvP realm doing PvP and Main Tanking. The ONLY time my Warrior felt right is when Mace Stun was procing about 30% of the time back last December. It was quickly nerfed, rightly so, but still, that's the only time I wasn't able to be kited all to hell.

The problem with the game now is Arenas. The developers work around them and force PvE to adjust to whatever they 'adjust' because of Arenas. Warriors are somewhat overpowered in Arenas with craftable maces and axes, but what percentage of the Warrior population is that? Who actually has spent THAT much time to nail 375 Blacksmithing AND raided or bought gold to get the materials AND lives in Arena to get the gear to support it? Not I. I hate Blacksmithing, Engineering, and Mining professions. Warrior is the hardest mode of gameplay in WoW.
Old 08-20-07, 11:40 AM   #30
jolle

Im not telling anyone anything about playing warrior..
But thats what my buddy told me this morning about the spell reflection, I guess I misunderstood it, but its not a trinket...
I dont have a warrior myself.
Old 08-20-07, 11:48 AM   #31
nVJoe

Quote:
Im not telling anyone anything about playing warrior..
But thats what my buddy told me this morning about the spell reflection, I guess I misunderstood it, but its not a trinket...
I dont have a warrior myself.
It has to be a trinket or some buff I don't know about. Warriors have no ability to reflect spells. I was a tank for a long time. We have to rely on our ability to time our disrupt abilities, which are few.
Old 08-20-07, 11:59 AM   #32
jolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
It has to be a trinket or some buff I don't know about. Warriors have no ability to reflect spells. I was a tank for a long time. We have to rely on our ability to time our disrupt abilities, which are few.
What can I say? its warrior skill at lvl64 it seems.
My roomie was talking about it this morning, never heard of it before that, I guess he hit 64 the other day with his warrior or something.
http://www.thottbot.com/s23920
Quote:
Spell Reflection
25 Rage
Instant 10 sec cooldown
Requires Shield
Requires Battle Stance, Defensive Stance
Raise your shield, reflecting the next spell cast on you. Lasts 5 sec.
Maybe require a talent or something, dunno.

Old 08-20-07, 12:01 PM   #33
nVJoe

Quote:
What can I say? its warrior skill at lvl64 it seems.
My roomie was talking about it this morning, never heard of it before that, I guess he hit 64 the other day with his warrior or something.
http://www.thottbot.com/s23920

Maybe require a talent or something, dunno.
Cool, I did not know that. I haven't played a warrior for over a year. Finally they have a ability to stop spell damage. That is good because armor does not stop spell damage.

I have wanted to start another warrior for a very long time. I just might do it.
Old 08-20-07, 12:01 PM   #34
Tr1cK
not coming back

It IS a level 64 trainable skill, not a talent. It only works with direct spells and not AOE. It is still worthless except for tanking.
Old 08-20-07, 12:05 PM   #35
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
It IS a level 64 trainable skill, not a talent. It only works with direct spells and not AOE. It is still worthless except for tanking.
That is what I was thinking. Since it is a protection skill while in defensive stance, it is only good for tanking where you can see the spell cast coming. Useless in PVP for the most part.
Old 08-20-07, 12:08 PM   #36
jolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
Because it requires a shield?
I guess most PVP warriors use 2H or dual wield.
But cant you just use weapon switch real fast to get the shield out and then use it when fighting a caster? if you catch someone for example casting sheep on you.
Or is it the rage cost that is too high?