Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-20-07, 12:13 PM   #37
Tr1cK
not coming back

Default Re: WoW Rogues and DPS!

It does work in Battle stance and can be viable in PvP except for the fact it is a huge chunk of rage. If you are getting kited, you are liable not to have a ton of rage to work with as doing damage gives you most of the rage you use in PvP. Taking damage does give you rage, but it's not enough rage to reflect, switch stances, intercept, and hamstring. A macro to swap out the 2h for shield is viable, but slow. Most warriors would rather go for the pummel if they are using 2h. FWIW, I have reflected a fully trinketed pyroblast back on a mage and seen it hit him for around 3000 damage, he STILL won.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-07, 12:37 PM   #38
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle
Because it requires a shield?
I guess most PVP warriors use 2H or dual wield.
But cant you just use weapon switch real fast to get the shield out and then use it when fighting a caster? if you catch someone for example casting sheep on you.
Or is it the rage cost that is too high?
The only time a warrior should use a shield in PVP is if they are going against a rogue.

I guess you could but it is just easier to rez with full health and start over.

WHen I am out of mana, I will into a bunch of enemies so I can die quickly and start over with full mana. LOL! I refuse to fun from a fight.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-07, 12:39 PM   #39
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
It does work in Battle stance and can be viable in PvP except for the fact it is a huge chunk of rage. If you are getting kited, you are liable not to have a ton of rage to work with as doing damage gives you most of the rage you use in PvP. Taking damage does give you rage, but it's not enough rage to reflect, switch stances, intercept, and hamstring. A macro to swap out the 2h for shield is viable, but slow. Most warriors would rather go for the pummel if they are using 2h. FWIW, I have reflected a fully trinketed pyroblast back on a mage and seen it hit him for around 3000 damage, he STILL won.
Exactly, which is why this is best used for instances tanking. My guess is the boss would be immune. LOL
Old 08-20-07, 12:43 PM   #40
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Exactly, which is why this is best used for instances tanking. My guess is the boss would be immune. LOL
I've used it successfully in pre-Kara 5 mans. I haven't tanked much of Kara as I am now letting the warrior gather dust in his sad state. I am trying to to build a viable cat dps feral druid. I am level 68 with 30% to crit and 1550 AP right now. If that doesn't work, I am dusting off the old raiding shaman and going full resto. We have a SEVERE lack of healers on my server.
Old 08-20-07, 01:16 PM   #41
nVJoe

Quote:
I've used it successfully in pre-Kara 5 mans. I haven't tanked much of Kara as I am now letting the warrior gather dust in his sad state. I am trying to to build a viable cat dps feral druid. I am level 68 with 30% to crit and 1550 AP right now. If that doesn't work, I am dusting off the old raiding shaman and going full resto. We have a SEVERE lack of healers on my server.
Oh man if you want to heal, go pally. They are so much more useful. I always take pallies over shammies. Shammies are gimped for raiding.

Yea in instances is where that talent is worth while, just as long as it is used when rage isn't really needed or a big spell is coming.
Old 08-20-07, 01:19 PM   #42
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Oh man if you want to heal, go pally. They are so much more useful. I always take pallies over shammies. Shammies are gimped for raiding.

Yea in instances is where that talent is worth while, just as long as it is used when rage isn't really needed or a big spell is coming.
A pally would be great, but my shaman is already level 62 and there is no way I am rolling from 1 again!
Old 08-20-07, 01:21 PM   #43
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
We aren't complaining that warriors suck. Quite th contrary. Warriors are the most balance class in the game. They are pretty much perfect. The problem is Pallies, Druid, Mages and Hunters are over powered.
I remember when Warriors finally got fixed, all the rage issues were fixed, fury tree made viable and you didn't miss nearly every swing. Instant cry of nerf from the cloth classes. They are too stupid to read what a warrior is, dependent on gear, a warrior with crap gear is no danger, a warrior with the right kit is lethal. Back when they fixed fury talents I respecced and with the epics I had I was anhilating the casters in seconds since they had no idea what they were capable of then. Instead of develop new tactics against a new kind of warrior they just went crying to blizzard.
Old 08-20-07, 01:22 PM   #44
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
You'd be right - all mobs are immune to spell reflection post 5-mans.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-07, 01:25 PM   #45
Tr1cK
not coming back

Warriors = most bitch slapped class in the game

I fully regret rolling mine.
Old 08-20-07, 01:27 PM   #46
nVJoe

Quote:
Warriors = most bitch slapped class in the game

I fully regret rolling mine.
In PVP but they are needed in instances and raids. They are basically a tool for the PVP classes to get gear then they pwn warriors and act as if they are gods, even though it was the warrior that helped them get their gear. Mean while the only gear a warrior gets is to help them be better tanks so the PVP classes again can get better gear. Sigh. If you like the satisfaction of tanking then be happy with that.

What I hate is the PVP classes act like they are so awesome when they beat a warrior.
Old 08-20-07, 01:29 PM   #47
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

They act like they are gods when they beat a warrior, but when a warrior kicks the crap out of them, zomg overpowered!
Old 08-20-07, 01:32 PM   #48
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
They act like they are gods when they beat a warrior, but when a warrior kicks the crap out of them, zomg overpowered!
Warriors are the most balanced class in the game. They do exactly what they are meant to do and that is NOT TO PVP!

These ass hat mages and hunters who have never rolled a warriors, do not know how hard it is to kill them. They gloat like jackwads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
You'd be right - all mobs are immune to spell reflection post 5-mans.
So its usefulness is only in useless instances....neat. It sounds like a "I hope this works" type of talent. I guess it is better than a kick in the balls.... or is it?