Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-24-07, 01:03 PM   #85
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk
Default Re: WoW Rogues and DPS!

One of the reasons I sacked it was the loot drops in the damn raids, we went through MC around about 6 times and not a single piece of warrior loot dropped, at the sixth raid after the kills myself and the other warriors would just go sit in the corner whilst the druids and hunters drooled over all their crap.
Old 08-24-07, 01:04 PM   #86
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
That really isn't a bad thing. LOL! Raids are fun but MAYBE one a week or once every other week. The 3 times a week crap we did got old real fast.
When I played EQ it was raids every night... Man I still remember the 3 day long raid I did in VT... such a nightmare.
Old 08-24-07, 01:20 PM   #87
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
One of the reasons I sacked it was the loot drops in the damn raids, we went through MC around about 6 times and not a single piece of warrior loot dropped, at the sixth raid after the kills myself and the other warriors would just go sit in the corner whilst the druids and hunters drooled over all their crap.
I got my full might set in less than one month in MC. LOL I am teh winz
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-07, 01:44 PM   #88
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Cause they feel sorry for the french.
Old 08-29-07, 08:21 PM   #89
Son Goku

Quote:
Those who could not tank went fury.
Sorry to have to throw an aside in, but I've run into warriors, and I've run into warriors. Two of the best tanks I have known which were in my former guild, one was fury spec, and the other a combination of fury/proc until he went full proc having joined a raiding guild a few months ago. The second person here, is who I went to for a BM run to finish kara attunement, after a dire time getting a PuG together for it. He brought a healer from his kara team, and mage from his guild along; and it was one of the smothest runs I've had, let along in black morass.

Then I knew someone who switched specs (if he was fury he made the excuse 'duh I can't tank..." and if proc, made excuses for losing PvP). He spent 50% of the time targeting other players (which we acquired through CT raid assist), and 1/4 the time targeting the sheep and other random targets. As he'd switch, of course all the range guys weren't happy, everyone asked why he kept targeting other players. And when the realm MT in guild was around, he'd routinely pull agro off him, but then couldn't hold it.

I must say, some do seem clueless. One fury spec warrior in a BRD run my rogue alt was going through (at lvl 61) insisted he cant' tank because he "can't" even have sunder armor. I was like "well why don't you buy it?" It ended with "how do you know how I could have it?" I finally, broke down and mentioned how I have a lvl 44 Draenie warrior, who is mostly fury spec (he's part proc), had sunder for I don't even remember how long now, and I quite sucessfully tanked (OK, it was just SM armory and cath, but then again he's 44).

I PSTed the group leader, and was like "this guy is clueless. I'll tell you what, my fury spec warrior has had, and the MT in your guild said he's fury spec? I've seen him use sunder when we did an instance together".

I reallly do have to digress on hunters though, given my main is a hunter, and quite honestly, there's more to it then just sending in pet and auto-shot. Some might not know more. But for instance, when some can't even kite a mob for instance, and keep the battle a bit more maneagable, it can irk me sometimes; especially when it is someone on my main's class when I'm on an alt Ditto on people who refuse to turn aspect of the pack off. But not every hunter out there is like this, even if I have run into a number of these before.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-07, 11:27 AM   #90
nVJoe

Yeah, there is an exception to every rule. How ever being a long time tank (not just a warrior), there is a difference. Those who love to tank do so because they have the temperament for it. Tanking is not just about holding aggro. It is about paying attention to the situation and pulling mobs off of the squishies. It also is about being relaxed and easy going. Nothing is worse than a good tank with an attitude. I don't care how well you pull mobs, if you are a ass, I won't run with you.

Those who go arms or fury, usually don't have this temperament. It does not mean they are bad at what they do, only that they are not good at tanking.
Old 08-30-07, 03:19 PM   #91
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Yeah, there is an exception to every rule. How ever being a long time tank (not just a warrior), there is a difference. Those who love to tank do so because they have the temperament for it. Tanking is not just about holding aggro. It is about paying attention to the situation and pulling mobs off of the squishies. It also is about being relaxed and easy going. Nothing is worse than a good tank with an attitude. I don't care how well you pull mobs, if you are a ass, I won't run with you.

Those who go arms or fury, usually don't have this temperament. It does not mean they are bad at what they do, only that they are not good at tanking.
As a long-time tank myself, I support this post.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-07, 03:36 PM   #92
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
As a long-time tank myself, I support this post.
You know exactly what I am talking about.

I'll go a bit further. The best tank in a raiding guild is almost always the off-tank. He has the roll of pulling mobs off of everyone. It is a much harder roll than MT. I was MT for a while but I could not stand it. Just standing there spamming one mob (even though it was big) was boring as hell. What pissed me off is the whole guild would say "ZOMG SO AND SO IS THE BEST TANK IN TEH INTRAWEB" yet that MT knows his job is vastly more easy than the off-tank who holds the raid together by keeping the squishied from being drilled.

Old 08-30-07, 04:49 PM   #93
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
You know exactly what I am talking about.

I'll go a bit further. The best tank in a raiding guild is almost always the off-tank. He has the roll of pulling mobs off of everyone. It is a much harder roll than MT. I was MT for a while but I could not stand it. Just standing there spamming one mob (even though it was big) was boring as hell. What pissed me off is the whole guild would say "ZOMG SO AND SO IS THE BEST TANK IN TEH INTRAWEB" yet that MT knows his job is vastly more easy than the off-tank who holds the raid together by keeping the squishied from being drilled.
I'm always stuck at OT.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-07, 08:22 PM   #94
Son Goku

My experience has been that it becomes increasingly more difficult to find good tanks in general. In the past, it was healers one tended to have the greatest trouble PuGing. Can't speak for all servers, but in generaling, when going through LFG, finding a tanking class period has become fewer and further between, and from there....

You get the guy like the one I mentioned who argued "I'm fury spec, I can't learn sunder". And finally after a bit of arguing with the group, I finally come out and mention that my fury/proc spec warrior (really only 10 points in proc now) has had sunder armor for ages.

Until someone I knew, who used to MT for my former guild got a healer from his kara team, and mage from his guild to help me finish BM, it's also what I ran into trying to PuG BM. After like 4, 6, or how many other days, tryign to find a healer and a tank so I could speak with Medivah at the end, and I mean like 9 hours a day, I along the way finally did find a couple groups, that didn't go.

In one of them, the healer and the tank were in a shouting match with each other. The tank accused the healer of not healing him enough, and the healer was like "what can I do, my heals are nerfed by 50% here, and I'm out of mana". This was at the second boss. A shadow priest in the group (not the healer), PSTed me, and was like "there's no way this tank is geared for this instance. No one person could heal enough to make up for the damage being done". But he left it at that, and didn't want to say anything wrt those 2's shouting match, publically.

There's a couple good tanks I know of in general, but also rather busy. One of them was in SMV, when I hit it, so helped me get Ruul the darker for this quest chain I'm on. However, without a healer then, it's hard to get onto the next part of the chain (think it's going to have to be organized)

http://thottbot.com/q10588

I'll think about the 3 challeges of the sha'tar (which another guild, actually healer is on), when I get past this one. And again, the same problem facing her, as with me, finding a tank... And of course (beyond the cipher of damnation), one's talking heroics.
Old 09-11-07, 08:11 AM   #95
Tr1cK
not coming back

FWIW, you get sunder at level 10.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-07, 06:32 PM   #96
Son Goku

Yeah, I had it so long on my warrior, I don't even remember when I got it. But go figure; that was one person who really didn't know about his class. And when I asked him why he didn't just buy it, he tried the "what would the rogue know about warriors" without considering that people can have more then 1 char. Go figure... And truth be told, it only helps a DPS class (even beside the issue of having multiple alts) to know something of how agro generation and what not works.

Rogues, simply put, do not like taking the heavy hits. Knowing when a good time to go full DPS, and when to hold back and let the tank generate agro is almost a must, if one doesn't want to get 1 or a couple hitted on some of these battles. aka, if the tank's hold on agro is tenuous at a given moment, eviscerate might not be your friend Then again I've seen this with some mages that don't take agro into consideration, especially right after first pull before much rage was generated, to lay in the taunts and sunders... In that, KTM threat meter is also of use, if the other people are using it as well....