Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-14-07, 09:18 AM   #97
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

Default Re: WoW Rogues and DPS!

First 2.5 years of WoW were on my Orc Rogue, I got tired of the game after my guild broke-up. About 1.5 years of that time was spent raiding which for the most part was a lot of fun. Though being a competitive bastard (DMG Meter ***** hehe), I always did what I could to remain top DPS.

I've since returned and am GM'ing my own guild this time with a bunch of friends, after 2 weeks of owning the game I am now level 40 with a mount, teehee! I've rolled Alliance on a "Normal Server" (Hellscream), which is a nice change of pace from the griefing nature of a PvP server (Mal'Ganis). My Priest atm is shadow spec, and all I can say is that Shadow Priest + Vampiric-Embrace + Paladin, in the same group is farmtastic!

Honestly I cannot wait to get higher level with improved shadow dmg gear and see those group heal ticks shoot up there. I've seen some good shadow priests do some amazing damage in raids, even had a level 70 shadow priest wearing all greens beat me in DPS (me wearing Tier 4 & misc purples from Karazhan) in a heroic ramparts run, insane DPS.

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-07, 12:14 PM   #98
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolyth
First 2.5 years of WoW were on my Orc Rogue, I got tired of the game after my guild broke-up. About 1.5 years of that time was spent raiding which for the most part was a lot of fun. Though being a competitive bastard (DMG Meter ***** hehe), I always did what I could to remain top DPS.

I've since returned and am GM'ing my own guild this time with a bunch of friends, after 2 weeks of owning the game I am now level 40 with a mount, teehee! I've rolled Alliance on a "Normal Server" (Hellscream), which is a nice change of pace from the griefing nature of a PvP server (Mal'Ganis). My Priest atm is shadow spec, and all I can say is that Shadow Priest + Vampiric-Embrace + Paladin, in the same group is farmtastic!

Honestly I cannot wait to get higher level with improved shadow dmg gear and see those group heal ticks shoot up there. I've seen some good shadow priests do some amazing damage in raids, even had a level 70 shadow priest wearing all greens beat me in DPS (me wearing Tier 4 & misc purples from Karazhan) in a heroic ramparts run, insane DPS.
I love my shadow priest. He is lvl 67. I don't do top damage in groups because I am off healing throught VM and restoring mana through VT. In single fights I can out damage anyone but through the whole run I won't. It isn't a shadow priest's roll to do top damage and if I am doing top damage then the mage, rogue and huntard are not doing their job.

I shine best in BGs. Being a shadow priest is friking awesome. Run in dot every one up. Get them to chase you around while killing two or three before I dies. LOL! good times. One thing tho, NEVER RUN from a fight. Stay in there and die, that way you get full mana and health back after the rez. I hate people who run.

If we control LM in AB, see ya. Your arss will be MC ran off the cliff. Oh and take these two dots on the way down. LOL!

Soloing with a SP is great. It is similar to a drain tank lock but you can only take on 4 mobs at a time. I dot all of them up with VT, shadow pain and a couple with VE and fear. While they run around I pick out one to melt. The fight is light on the drinking with my shadow fiend and symbol of hope. Throw in a mana pot and farming is pretty much none stop.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-07, 12:59 PM   #99
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

Hehe, yah I've just now begun getting enough mana & shadow dmg (yay shadowform) to take on multiple mobs. Right now I cap out at about 3 whilst grinding, though I have to sit and drink usually, but Spirit Tap is amazingly handy, DoT them all, slap a VE on one to regen health as I kill the other two, then Spirit Tap ticks as each one dies...easy cheesy.

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Old 09-14-07, 01:18 PM   #100
nVJoe

I never used spirit tap. I just beefed up my damage. Bubble and mind flay are cheap on mana.

When you get up to 70, respect out of spirit tap. It is only good in PVP cuz it requires XP for it to work.

This is my talent break down. http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bLZZVGGtrtRhtEo
Old 09-14-07, 01:52 PM   #101
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
I never used spirit tap. I just beefed up my damage. Bubble and mind flay are cheap on mana.

When you get up to 70, respect out of spirit tap. It is only good in PVP cuz it requires XP for it to work.

This is my talent break down. http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bLZZVGGtrtRhtEo
You friggin nub. Spirit Tap procs off any kills of a green mob or higher. It's awesome for farming at 70 and doesn't do crap in PVP!! AHGAHAHAHA

ps your spec is horrible
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-07, 01:58 PM   #102
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
You friggin nub. Spirit Tap procs off any kills of a green mob or higher. It's awesome for farming at 70 and doesn't do crap in PVP!! AHGAHAHAHA

ps your spec is horrible
Spirit tap only works off of mobs that give you xp or honor. Last time I checked, you don't get xp when you are 70. If it does give you the mana bonus after you kill a mob green or above, then they need to re-word how it works. Either way it is useless.

There is nothing wrong with my spec. I am one of the hardest PVPers to kill. Even when I die, my dots take two other players down. Oh and why is that? Yeah cuz I know how to play a shadow priest.

There are different ideas on how to utilize talents. You use the one that works best for you.

P.S. I didn't ask you.
Old 09-14-07, 02:00 PM   #103
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Try this.

Respec for Spirit Tap.

Go outside Shattrath City and kill a spider.

Come back to the forums and cry like a baby because I owned you.

Also L2P LAWL
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 09-14-07, 02:03 PM   #104
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
Try this.

Respec for Spirit Tap.

Go outside Shattrath City and kill a spider.

Come back to the forums and cry like a baby because I owned you.

Also L2P LAWL
Huh? So if it procs and gives me mana bonus, I am supposed to be impressed?

Holy crap. It is as if I am talking in /1 general chat.

Old 09-14-07, 02:17 PM   #105
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

Quote:
Huh? So if it procs and gives me mana bonus, I am supposed to be impressed?

Actually it works a lot like rogue Remorseless Attacks, the biggest downside is that you have to get the KB. However it does work in PvP as well, as ninjaman said (could've said it nicer btw). It will proc on mobs/chars as long as they are green giving you some nice mana regen for the time that it is up. For leveling it is very handy as I can continue grinding mobs 1-2 levels below me without stopping to drink every 7-8 mobs.

I started 2 weeks ago and am level 40, that's with 3 days 13 hours played, so I think I'm probably doing alright. Once I get into raiding I can spec out of Spirit Tap since I will most likely not be getting KB 90% of the time, that's if my guild can handle a shadow priest (though we already have 2 healadin's leveling up, and a holy priest, hehe).

Storage 2.0
Old 09-14-07, 02:25 PM   #106
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Yeah that's the idea.

What's that line of yours again? Grow thicker skin?
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 09-14-07, 02:25 PM   #107
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolyth
Actually it works a lot like rogue Remorseless Attacks, the biggest downside is that you have to get the KB. However it does work in PvP as well, as ninjaman said (could've said it nicer btw). It will proc on mobs/chars as long as they are green giving you some nice mana regen for the time that it is up. For leveling it is very handy as I can continue grinding mobs 1-2 levels below me without stopping to drink every 7-8 mobs.
Yeah, I used it for leveling. It was great.

I want to get this straight. If you are lvl 70 and you kill a green mob, will the spirit tap work when you kill it even if it doesn't give you any XP?
Old 09-14-07, 02:26 PM   #108
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
I want to get this straight. If you are lvl 70 and you kill a green mob, will the spirit tap work when you kill it even if it doesn't give you any XP?
Yes.

edit: btw here's my link - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Priestinator

It's a purely PVE spec, not very useful for PVP. The Spirit Tap is really only useful for farming, although you'll get an occasional proc off a killing blow which is nice.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410