Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-14-07, 08:10 AM   #1
earoque

Default 100.14.03 ATI-Xpress 1150 GeForce 7300 LE random crashes

Hi,

not to beleaguer a well-known issue, but I have serious stability problems with the drivers from 8776-100.14.03.

I'm running Sabayon Linux-3.4 Loop1 (based on GentooLinux) on a dc5750 SFF with ATI-XPress 1150 chipset and a GeForce 7300 LE (PCI-X-Press)with two displays (one output socket, split cable out). The mainboard bios is the latest available from 23.April 2007 (v.2.22). I have read the stability and problem threads, trying out applicable tips.

I have then booted with the following boot options:

noapic
iommu=memaper
idle=poll
pci=bios
pci=nommconf
acpi=force
agp=off
irqpoll
acpi=off
noapic pci=irqbalance
pci=nommconf idle=poll acpi=strict
pci=biosirq
agp=off pci=nommconf
noapic pci=nommconf agp=off
acpi=strict iommu=memaper noapic idle=poll
pci=routeirq agp=off
pci=nommconf irqpoll agp=off
agp=off pci=nommconf idel=poll acpi=strict

I'm not activating any special features in my xorg.conf, so I've only set the NvAGP value to "0".

The hard disk has been removed and plugged into another, stable machine previously running M$ Vista, where it also crashes randomly when running my system. I have ruled out hardware defects for this reason.

When the system crashes, it apparently doesn't matter what I'm running, as even KDM running is enough to make the system completely unresponsive (hard lock, no error messages, OOPs, keyboard dead).

Certain incompatabilites between the RS480 bridge and the NVidia drivers has been talked about since sometime in 2006 in this forum, is there a workaround then?

I've attached my bugreportlog, but am quite willing to clarify/try out something else, as I'm sure that I've forgotten something.

HTH
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (38.6 KB, 85 views)
earoque is offline   Reply With Quote