|05-18-07, 05:23 AM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2002
Nvidia Driver download Beta - new driver chooser on Nvidia drivers page - my feedback
There is new button on page: "Nvidia Driver Download Beta - Try it and give us your feedback"
1. On nvidia.com site there is no place to give user feedback so made new topic here. If there is help me finding it
2. "Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products." - Not supported on Linux platform. According to "learn more" it uses "Java browser component". Java as portable language works in Linux web browsers too. Feel free to add autodetection on Linux platform too.
"Manually find drivers for my NVIDIA products."
1. Firefox 126.96.36.199/Seamonkey1.1.1 - works very well.
Product Type: Desktop GPU
Product Series: Geforce 8 Series
Operating System: Linux 32-bit
Language: English (US)
Except "Geforce 8 Series" (I have Geforce 6150) all other values are true for my machine.
After replacing "Geforce 8 Series" with "Geforce 6 Series" I clicked "Search" and got result:
No downloads were found for your configuration.
* The new NVIDIA Driver Downloads is still in BETA. We are adding drivers to the system every day. Please try again later.
* If you don't know what you have, try letting us automatically find a driver for your NVIDIA products.
2. Linux KDE Konqueror web browser 3.5.6 - to my surprise Operating System is misdetected as: "Windows 95" - should be "Linux-32bit". Everything else is OK. To help improving detection code here is id Konqueror sends:
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/3.5) KHTML/3.5.6 (like Gecko)
this id can be optionally extended by user with following tags:
Operating System name (and version), platform name, CPU type, language code. With all options enabled the id looks like this:
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/3.5; Linux 188.8.131.52; X11; i686; pl) KHTML/3.5.6 (like Gecko)
The detection engine can check for word "Konqueror" to select Linux platform. KHTML engine is used in Safari MacOS webbrowser too so it is better to stick with "Konqueror" as Linux KDE genuine id.
I hope this feedback will be forwarded to nvidia.com webmaster because I still can not find "feedback" place on nvidia.com.
Just one suggestion:
Nvidia Linux Driver team could provide little lspci know-how to nvidia.com webmaster so we could have on-line Java driven GPU/chipset autodetection for easy driver selection.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Need Help Installing NVIDIA Tesla M2070Q in Linux RHEL5||Ferianto85||NVIDIA Linux||0||05-18-12 08:35 PM|
|Getting the proprietary nvidia driver to run with Debian 3.0 r0 (woody)||Katchina404||NVIDIA Linux||9||01-12-03 08:49 AM|
|Radeon 9700 not all that?||sancheuz||Other Desktop Graphics Cards||200||10-12-02 09:31 PM|
|Red Hat null(limbo beta 3), guide to install Nvidia Drivers||utiel||NVIDIA Linux||21||09-30-02 05:32 PM|
|download problem with linux NVIDIA driver packages||Timo||NVIDIA Linux||7||07-31-02 09:22 AM|