Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-02-09, 04:59 PM   #61
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Halo2-Vista Feedback Thread.

I know it wont, but at least you wont suck so much with it. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-09, 05:03 PM   #62
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
I know it wont, but at least you wont suck so much with it. ::
is not that i suck with it, simply said i will not play those types of games with gamepad. every controller has it purpose.

would you play halo with sterring wheel?

would you play flight simulator x with keyboard?

would you play gtr evolution with flight stick?

every controller is meant for something else.

gamepad is meant for arcade racing, sports games, other arcade games, some action games (x-men, tomb raider)
Old 05-02-09, 05:14 PM   #63
crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
is not that i suck with it, simply said i will not play those types of games with gamepad. every controller has it purpose.

would you play halo with sterring wheel? Only when driving the warthog

would you play flight simulator x with keyboard? This is possible somewhat, just change the options and the game will become more arcade like

would you play gtr evolution with flight stick? Sure, I'd give it ago. I mean it IS analogue, should translate well enough.

every controller is meant for something else.

gamepad is meant for arcade racing, sports games, other arcade games, some action games (x-men, tomb raider)
::
Old 05-02-09, 07:16 PM   #64
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Did you force v-synch yet? I swear it works.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-09, 07:23 PM   #65
crainger

Gamepads don't need v-sync Velvet. They need AA.
Old 05-02-09, 08:02 PM   #66
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Gamepads don't need v-sync Velvet. They need AA.
AF is more what I think is lacking in gamepad land.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 05-02-09, 09:02 PM   #67
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
AF is more what I think is lacking in gamepad land.
especially racing games, roads in PGR4 looks horrible, PGR3 even worse. Don't even get me started on Midnight Club 3? (the new one) One of the worst games i ever played.

And that title being on a console (closed platform) I just don't understand how did they let some of the bugs through. In some races the textrures/roads completly disaperead.

btw, haven't tried with v-sync forced on, maybe later.
Old 05-09-09, 10:12 PM   #68
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

I played halo2 quite a while ago on PC and the vsync enabling works for me. it's like opposite of dead space... seems that there wasn't as much of a stink about that game's conrols being sluggish.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-09, 02:30 PM   #69
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Did you force v-synch yet? I swear it works.
it helped, but Halo 2 is bad game.

I have no idea why I bought it, I killed the 5 types of enemy maybe thousand time by now.
Old 08-24-09, 03:45 PM   #70
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
it helped, but Halo 2 is bad game.

I have no idea why I bought it, I killed the 5 types of enemy maybe thousand time by now.
The series is only popular because it brought PC-style multiplayer to consoles. The vast majority of console gamers would die if they touched a PC game, so it was all new to them. The singleplayer was always kind of a side point, though I thought the original game was pretty fun.

Second one blew.

Third one is a little better, but not much.

Old 08-24-09, 04:11 PM   #71
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg

I don't understand how this game is so negatively regarded. I play the SP and MP once in a while and always enjoy it, regardless of what rig I ran it on.

Halo's controls are supposed to have a slower feel to them. A lot like Unreal II: The Awakening. I actually like that a little mouse jerk doesn't whip you around like you're on crack.

... And after design direction started shifting from the PC to the XBox around 2000, the Halo franchise itself was built around use with an XBox pad. It's ease of use was one of the reasons it was such a great seller.

In my experience, the graphics are a much crisper version of the XBox version's, the controls and gameplay feel the same, multiplayer works great, there are no big glitches, it has good replay value... it just feels like it works... on the other end of things, a newer game with great graphics that feel like just doesn't work is Stalker: Clear Sky. Everything's dodgy and not very smooth (with regards to movements, controls etc).

you guys are just a bunch of wimps.

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-09, 05:04 PM   #72
pakotlar

Microsoft's relegation of GFWL to a third-rate consolitis infected plague doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence. Using Halo 2 to disparage DX9 graphics is all the more so shifty. Personally, I remember when MS FIRST jumped into PC gaming, with that basketball game, and they had some other stuff, and they had the sidewinder... That was groovy microsoft. This is post-Bill, no longer nerdy Microsoft. This is big bad EA-cool Microsoft, and I hate them. And guys like Cliff Bleckowitz [Blezinski...googled... playing too much Wolfenstein ] are such ****ing dbags i want to barf all over myself.