Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-29-07, 06:11 PM   #25
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291
Default Re: New Gran Turismo 5 Rumors (NICE!)

IMO a racing simulator without model damage is weak. Now if you're talking about an arcady type game like Need For Speed then not having damage is OK but games like Grand Turismo should have some form of model damage to complete the simulation package.
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 06:26 PM   #26
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121
The whole damage thing wasn't under their control IIRC because they couldn't get the car licenses if they allowed damage, so they didn't have damage. Personally I prefer no damage because it takes away from game if you mess up a corner your basically screwed or if the computer rear ends your car that might cause an issue as well. It will be interesting to see how they set that aspect up.

I really hope that Logitech has plans for a Bluetooth PS3 wheel that crosses the extra buttons on the DFP with the G25. It would be the king of wheels.
I know about the licensing thing. To be a true simulator, you must do some sort of damage when you screw up. I believe saying any of the previous GTs (even 4) being better than what Forza 2 is offering is absurd. If GT5 has what they say in the OP, then it will be up to par IMO. Then again, they said previous versions of GT would have damage and online capability, only to not have it come gold time.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 06:35 PM   #27
Marvel_us
FOOL!

I don't know if it will be just "up to par". There are some things on that list that Forza 2 doesn't have. For one the in car view and I'd say GT has the edge in graphics from what we've seen with GT:HD.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 06:56 PM   #28
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_us
I don't know if it will be just "up to par". There are some things on that list that Forza 2 doesn't have. For one the in car view and I'd say GT has the edge in graphics from what we've seen with GT:HD.
And I'm sure there are things Forza 2 has that GT won't. I won't get into nit picking, but to me the damage system and online play are crucial. Gameplay > graphics any day, so let's wait and see what GT5 has to offer there.
Old 05-29-07, 07:12 PM   #29
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
And I'm sure there are things Forza 2 has that GT won't. I won't get into nit picking, but to me the damage system and online play are crucial. Gameplay > graphics any day, so let's wait and see what GT5 has to offer there.
Online play was definitely one of the things lacking in GT. I'm sure this time around they will almost have to considering everything now is online and the console has a built in nic where before there wasn't even the option when GT3 came out.

I can see where damage does make it seem more realistic, but to me I've always prefered it not being there because it takes away from racing if you can just smash into other cars and take them out. Hopefully it will be an option and there will be some races you can turn it off, and others it will have to be on like the S class or license tests so that the game is hardcore. That way it is the best of both worlds.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 07:32 PM   #30
gmontem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121
because it takes away from racing if you can just smash into other cars and take them out.
Deliberately smashing into other cars to take them out will most likely will take you out as well. I'm pretty sure most drivers who want to stay in the race will avoid doing that.
Old 05-29-07, 07:46 PM   #31
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
Care to elaborate?

IMO, looks like GT is having to play catch-up and finally offer up some damage and online capability. Don't get me wrong, I was a HUGE GT fan, but beyond that nothing was really added to the series. I liked GT2 the best, with 3/4 tied. 4 would have been my favorite if I didn't have to go through the same licensing bull**** with every game and not just transfer off of my 3 saved game.
GT4 was and is still one of the most feature rich/packed racing games of all time. Not one current racer on the 360 has car models that look as good as GT4's on the PS2. Yeah they have fancy damage but thats about it. Also PS2 online infrastructure was nearly nonexistent so you cant really blame it for not having online at that time. GT5 is going to have the best of what these current racers have and then some. This might sound cheesy but also having all that space from Blu-ray will only make it even better. I cant wait to hear the engine audio quality.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 07:48 PM   #32
Tr1cK
not coming back

I'm still of the wait and see opinion when it comes to GT.

Old 05-29-07, 08:59 PM   #33
Quickstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N
GT4 was and is still one of the most feature rich/packed racing games of all time. Not one current racer on the 360 has car models that look as good as GT4's on the PS2. Yeah they have fancy damage but thats about it. Also PS2 online infrastructure was nearly nonexistent so you cant really blame it for not having online at that time. GT5 is going to have the best of what these current racers have and then some. This might sound cheesy but also having all that space from Blu-ray will only make it even better. I cant wait to hear the engine audio quality.
Have you even played Forza 2 on the 360? It blows away ANY racing game on the PS2 graphically, although, I think GT5 will look better than forza 2. Can someone please define what it means when a game has "soul"? Talk about creating ambiguity in an argument....
Quickstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-07, 05:51 AM   #34
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickstar
Have you even played Forza 2 on the 360? It blows away ANY racing game on the PS2 graphically, although, I think GT5 will look better than forza 2. Can someone please define what it means when a game has "soul"? Talk about creating ambiguity in an argument....
I believe that is was me who said that GT has "soul" to it.

What I meant is that presentation makes all the diffrence. Mind you, I have not played Forza2 (would really like to), but from pictures and movies, the game itself looks kinda plain. I never read any comment from a Forza fan that talked about the game as it was. It was always compared to what GT didnt do. I never saw the word "fun". So thats the vibe I got from it. It deasnt seem "real".
Its as if the game was created to top GT.

On the other hand, we all know what PD thinks and how they feel about the game. Its also the reputation of the devs. With PD, it was always said that the game was made for racing enthusiasts by enthusiast. Now Forza came along, and somehow that same sentence was inserted somehow.

I dunno, I just don't see the passion there.

Just remember please, this is MY oppinion. I've never played a racing game/sim that was pure fun like GT. With other games, there was always something missing.

Its like that for me, there just isnt a better crasher than DD2 around.

Oppinions oppinions...

phew...
Old 05-30-07, 08:47 AM   #35
Tr1cK
not coming back

I'll admit I'm going to be new to Forza 2 when I get it tonight. I have countless hours on all the GTs already. From what I've read, they had done their research with F2 just the same as PD did with GT, probably even more so.

PD was probably limited as to what they could implement considering the PS2s hardware. They did do a phenomenal job getting what they did out of GT4. That game took the PS2 to its limits.

I don't think you can currently compare the two. You have to have equal level hardware so the games can have everything implemented they want so that the playing field isn't skewed. Comparing F2 to any GT up until now is like comparing it to F1.
Old 06-12-07, 02:34 PM   #36
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

Didnt feel like making a new thread, but I figured these were worth posting.

Quote:
A new GTHD Demo will be shown in LeMan as part of the week-long festivities. The Sarthe track will be newly introduced, as well as the Audi TT coupe and the Audi R8.

The special version of the GTHD demo will only be shown at the event.

and just for fun...