Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > General Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-29-07, 03:36 PM   #13
HaVoK19

Default Re: Need help.....Already cornfused

WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok.....so the problem was really really simple....but first i wanna thank you guys for all the help. You guys are awesome.

Now, lol....i actually kinda feel ashamed to say this....but the only reason that it wasn't booting was because i had the resolution set wrong. In the little boot screen, it shows f4 as vga. well i changed that to 1280x1024...and it booted right in to Ubuntu. I guess that it was probably loading all along, just that i couldn't see it for some reason.

again, thanks for all the help. and hell, i updated my bios in the process...so its not like it was all bad.

oh oh, 1 last thing. Ive got ubuntuforums.org saved to my favorites. Can ya'll recommend some more sited for ubuntu. i want to find some good tutorials and such.

Thanks,
HaV
HaVoK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 05:05 PM   #14
grey_1

http://www.linuxquestions.org/

http://www.linuxforums.org/

You should find lots of good info in these 2. Glad to hear you got it working, enjoy!
Old 05-29-07, 05:33 PM   #15
HaVoK19

ok....another question.

Now that ive got it installed, i still cant see it. Like....it starts to load, the kernals load...and then it goes black like it did at the start of all this. As stated above, i changed the resolution on the live disk from vga to 1280x1024, so that i could see something. Well, here...i dont have that, how would i go about changing it so i can see something.
Old 05-29-07, 05:33 PM   #16
evilghost

http://www.ubuntuguide.org is awesome Glad you're working!
evilghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 05:35 PM   #17
evilghost

You should be able to hit 'esc' and edit the grub configuration setting a line like 'vga=xxx' where XXX is the mode you need.
evilghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 06:33 PM   #18
HaVoK19

awesome man....thanks again.

HaV
C2D e6750 @ 3.48Ghz 1.40v| 2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2-1066 | Asus P5K Deluxe/WiFi | Assortmant Totaling 980GB | XFX GeForce 8800 GTX | Gateway FPD2185W | Razer Barracuda AC-1 Gaming Audio Card | Razer Barracuda HP-1 Headset | Zboard Merc Stealth | Logitech G5 two tone | QPAD mouse surface | Ubuntu/Windows XP Pro/Windows Vista™ Ultimate

2,000 years ago, Moses said, "Pick up your shovel, pack your ***, mount your camel and I shall lead you to the Promised Land."

200-plus years ago, George Washington said, "Get off your ***, use your shovel, clear the land, grow plants for Camels and it will be the Promised Land."

Last year, the Congress of the United States said "Si, Amigos, throw away your shovel, sit on your ***, light your Camels, we're giving you the Promised Land."