Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-11-07, 11:16 AM   #37
flukester
*BANNED*

Default Re: Tomb Raider: Anniversary - Feedback Thread

T-Rex was irritating, I'm stuck trying to find the 3rd gear and keep getting back to the start (arggh). I've spent like over an hour just trying to figure out where the last gear goes...

(spoiler alert maybe)
There is a trick I found on my own with the T-Rex... one of those spikey things, if you stand beside it as back into corner as far as you can go the T-Rex can't get you and you can just sit there for 10mins shooting him till he dies. I'm sure there is something you can do with that big vertical post or the spikey things but I couldn't figure it out and I died a million times trying to figure it out. Unfortunately I found flaws in the AI or maps and I've been able to defeat everything with little difficulty so far, but still entertaining.

I love this game.. I played the original (however I don't recall a T-Rex) and this one is great. I love this engine they are using!
flukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-07, 12:09 PM   #38
flukester
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0
killing the t-rex is pretty easy... just use the slow-mo. it takes time but i enjoyed dodging the t-rex as it charges.
dodging?? how in hades did you have time to dodge it considering it's faster than you. Only way I found to get away for some time was simply rolling around here and there and even then it swings it's head. I'd say 't-rex is pretty easy' is funny considering it takes about +300 bullets to kill it. Man, even my finger got tired pressing the fire button.. lmao.
Old 06-11-07, 12:21 PM   #39
xbob
WWGFD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flukester
dodging?? how in hades did you have time to dodge it considering it's faster than you. Only way I found to get away for some time was simply rolling around here and there and even then it swings it's head. I'd say 't-rex is pretty easy' is funny considering it takes about +300 bullets to kill it. Man, even my finger got tired pressing the fire button.. lmao.
Gotta' put the slo-mo to use and keep moving, didn't take that long.
xbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-07, 01:28 PM   #40
flukester
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbob
Gotta' put the slo-mo to use and keep moving, didn't take that long.
Didn't take that long because you used the spikes and slo-mo?

It takes approx 10 mins just shooting constantly point blank at the T-Rex 10 feet away.

Running away is a waste of time, you only have a few seconds to shoot and he's on you.

Running and shooting would take way longer than 10mins than sitting in a corner where the T-Rex can't touch you.....

My method allowed me to collect all the health and not expend 1 health kit killing the T-Rex.
Old 06-11-07, 03:07 PM   #41
$n][pErMan
III%

Send a message via AIM to $n][pErMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flukester
Didn't take that long because you used the spikes and slo-mo?

It takes approx 10 mins just shooting constantly point blank at the T-Rex 10 feet away.

Running away is a waste of time, you only have a few seconds to shoot and he's on you.

Running and shooting would take way longer than 10mins than sitting in a corner where the T-Rex can't touch you.....

My method allowed me to collect all the health and not expend 1 health kit killing the T-Rex.
I know how you were supposed to kill him using the spikes and slow-mo dodge. You were supposed to get him to charge you then do a slow-mo slide to the left or right infront of the spikes. The problem is I can't figure out how to use that damn dodge move to save my life. So I got pissed and found the safe spot and shot at him for about 15 minutes to end my frustrations.... lol.
Intel® Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3.51GHz (390 x 9 / 1.39v) | ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP LGA 775 Intel P965 (1236 BIOS) | OCZ GOLD 8GB (2GB x 4) DDR2 PC2-8500 Dual Channel (4-4-4-12 780Mhz/1.95V 1:1 Ratio) | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 DUAL SuperClocked 4GB (Currently @ 1240MHz Core / 7112MHz Memory) | Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS | Zalman CNPS9700 LED Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler | Samsung SSD 840 Series 256GB | ASUS ProArt 24in Widescreen LED 1920 x 1200 | Samsung DVD-RW-DL 18x Burner w/ lightscribe| SILVERSTONE OP650 ATX12V / EPS12V 650W Power Supply | AOpen 5.1 Surround sound system | Windows 7 Pro x64
100% Orthos Stable!
$n][pErMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-07, 04:02 PM   #42
flukester
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by $n][pErMan
I know how you were supposed to kill him using the spikes and slow-mo dodge. You were supposed to get him to charge you then do a slow-mo slide to the left or right infront of the spikes. The problem is I can't figure out how to use that damn dodge move to save my life. So I got pissed and found the safe spot and shot at him for about 15 minutes to end my frustrations.... lol.
Hehehe, much easier that way. but I'm stuck trying to find the darn 3rd place to put gear! I must be blind! I put Masquerade Bloodlines on hold to play this game.. Bloodlines is fun but...Boob Raider.. I mean, err, Tomb Raider is more fun!
Old 06-12-07, 03:42 AM   #43
NiukNiuk
The one and only

Just finished collecting all the artefacts yesterday.
That was really fun, and it unlocked some cool stuff.
Now the hardest part: time trial levels to unlock all the cheats ^^
Ram: G.Skill Kit Extreme2 2 x 2 Go PC6400 PK
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 512 Mo
Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2 sound card
Monitor: Iiyama ProLite B2403WS -B1
NiukNiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 08:10 AM   #44
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291

I'm having a blast with this game. The funny thing is that I don't remember having this good a time when the original was released way back when. I guess controlling a tank shaped like a big boobed chic wasn't much fun back in the day.
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-07, 09:31 AM   #45
SLINROB
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENU291
I'm having a blast with this game. The funny thing is that I don't remember having this good a time when the original was released way back when. I guess controlling a tank shaped like a big boobed chic wasn't much fun back in the day.

Same here, this time around is a much much better experience. The game to me is more like a fine work of art.
SLINROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 07:20 PM   #46
$n][pErMan
III%

Send a message via AIM to $n][pErMan

I like how when she gets out of the water her clothes are wet and dry off over time... thats pretty neat. I am enjoying this game so far.... great puzzles start once you make it past Peru...
Intel® Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3.51GHz (390 x 9 / 1.39v) | ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP LGA 775 Intel P965 (1236 BIOS) | OCZ GOLD 8GB (2GB x 4) DDR2 PC2-8500 Dual Channel (4-4-4-12 780Mhz/1.95V 1:1 Ratio) | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 DUAL SuperClocked 4GB (Currently @ 1240MHz Core / 7112MHz Memory) | Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS | Zalman CNPS9700 LED Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler | Samsung SSD 840 Series 256GB | ASUS ProArt 24in Widescreen LED 1920 x 1200 | Samsung DVD-RW-DL 18x Burner w/ lightscribe| SILVERSTONE OP650 ATX12V / EPS12V 650W Power Supply | AOpen 5.1 Surround sound system | Windows 7 Pro x64
100% Orthos Stable!
$n][pErMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-07, 08:17 AM   #47
Thingding
Cakes > Pies

It keeps reminding me of how the original made me want to hurl my playstation out of the window. I much prefer the linear style of legends to hub based systems like this. Case and point: the third cog. Or the four doors in the huge atrium on the second tomb. You have to work much harder to get a feeling of progress = enjoy myself.

At least there's no driving sections tho. And skip too. Friggin' skip!
Old 06-16-07, 12:24 AM   #48
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Quote:
The problem is I can't figure out how to use that damn dodge move to save my life.
Got to master the adrenaline dodge to play this game, especially when you get to the Centaurs. Once you get the hang of it, it's really not that hard and pretty fun to use. Killing TRex is a lot more fun that way than sitting behind a tree and shooting him 30 millions times. You can use it to kill all enemies.

Just shoot until you see the momentary amber 'ring' form around the enemy. Then you know he is going to charge you. When he charges, have your weapons drawn and get ready to start your move (whatever direction you're going to go, any direction works). As you are moving, the enemy will get a certain distance from you and the scene will change to slow motion. During that time, hold down the crouch key as you are moving (don't stand still or she will just duck and get creamed). A double amber ring will form on each side of the enemy and converge into a single red ring. At that moment, fire. It's sort of like the game "Total Overdose".

Those dam diagonal jumps off the grapple are a lot harder for me for some reason and seems that on every dam one of the really difficult ones (difficult for me anyway) the save point is way the hell back to have to do a lot of stuff all over again to get back to trying it again. That is the single most irratating thing for me about the game. A 'save anywhere' function would have been SO MUCH NICER.

There is a really good walkthru and videos of the adrenaline dodge and other moves. Those videos really help.

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/...ugh/index.html
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote