Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-15-07, 11:46 AM   #1
Big P

Default Re: reflection corruptions

Hello,

I saw a thread here (which has since been locked) about reflection corruptions in ut2004. I'd like to add that I also have the same problem. My card is a 6600GT, pci-e. I know people who have 8800series cards and this problem does not affect them. I believe the op from the other thread had a 7600GT. Perhaps there is a link between these series cards.

I can confirm this issue did not occur in 8xxx series of nvidia drivers, only since I migrated to 9xxx. I am using the x86_64 drivers, however I have also tested on an x86 machine (same spec) and the same problem exists.

The map I noticed the problem on is DM-UCMP2-Achilles (you can download it here). There is a water reflection that comes out corrupted beside the jump pad.

Screeny:

I've sent my nvidia-bug-report.log to linux-bugs@nvidia.com and a link back to this thread.
Big P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-07, 12:03 PM   #2
B1gW1g
*BANNED*

here are some more corruptions from ut2k4

http://www.ryanbreheny.pwp.blueyonde.../Shot00013.jpg

i think that water is either polluted or my gfx driver has an issue

http://www.ryanbreheny.pwp.blueyonde.../Shot00014.jpg

nice curtains , my grandma had the exact same ones back in '72

there are shadow corruptions in quake4 also although it will be a little harder to show you those , a video might do the trick
B1gW1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-07, 04:25 PM   #3
energyman76b

and where is the output of nvidia-bug-report.sh?
energyman76b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-07, 04:47 PM   #4
B1gW1g
*BANNED*

Big P has posted his , i refuse to send mine ( for reasons out of my control (which i agree with ) )

so will this be fixed ? because amd cards look awfully temping at the present moment

/me whips the nvidia devs

would a windows user be required to sumbit a log for graphical corruptions? no ofcourse not , so why should i ?

TO THE DEVS: fix it and fix it now otherwise you'll lose your place as top dog opengl provider for linux , simple as!

everyone who ive spoken to has this issue , true it is minor but it still REFLECTS badly on nvidia ( you like that pun hahaha )

i'll just see which comes first: my bank balance getting to the point where i have enough money for 2 ati cards or this getting fixed ( x2 nv 8800 's if it does )

so there is your carrot and stick , do your job and do it well because it is I who pays your wages ( part of it anyway )
B1gW1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-07, 06:02 PM   #5
energyman76b

no, your constant attacks and refusal to post any helpfull information does not make nvidia look bad. It makes YOU look bad.

Most users don't have problems. The one with problems come here to find help - and some just come here to be a pain in the ass.

If you don't post information, insult everybody, belittles the nvidia devs and demand support at once, you are a pain in the ass.

Stop being a pain, or nobody will help you.

That simple.

And a starting point of not being a PIA is: posting the output of nvidia-bug-report.sh
Old 06-15-07, 06:04 PM   #6
adamk75

B1gW1g, I hate to break it to you, but nVidia will not suffer if you switch to another vendor. Much bigger problems have been around in the nvidia drivers for much longer, and numerous individuals on these boards have threatened to switch to other video cards.

Guess what, though? nVidia is still here.

Adam
adamk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-07, 06:11 PM   #7
energyman76b

btw, I don't want to download any maps - but the corruption is not in Antalus (everything set to highest). I am on amd64 and I use a 6600.
Old 06-15-07, 10:57 PM   #8
KenS
NVIDIA Corporation

This issue has been reproduced and Bug 325235 was opened to address it.
KenS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-07, 07:50 AM   #9
Big P

Excellent. Thanks a lot
Big P is offline   Reply With Quote