Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-18-07, 10:07 AM   #1
flukester
*BANNED*

Default Tried going to Vista HP 64bit. Failed.

Well I had a interesting weekend trying to go to Vista 64bit Home Premium

Well after spending hours I had to end my quest to go to Home Premium 64 bit this weekend mostly because of poor drivers. I installed the latest nForce drivers from nVidia only to find out there must be a problem with the SATA drivers or something because I was bluescreening or not making it to the Login screen of Vista. Once I made it but the hard drive light would stay on solid so I couldn't even move the mouse or anything.

Kinda blows that these drivers don't work for my 570 Chipset.... I guess I will wait a few more months for nVidia to release drivers.

This all occured when somehow my XFi Xtreme Music card blew up on Friday. I cannot boot up my PC when it's in a slot and for months I've been having this problem when I boot and the sound card wasn't detected. Figures when I go install Vista I find out the card is blown.. Anyway, doesn't matter when I installed Vista 64bit, I only had DVD's and 1 hard drive in with no sound at all and it would not install.

For those interested, my mobo is a Asus M2N SLI Deluxe with latest bios. I saw some potential workarounds but I rather use a nVidia driver and not some Dell or what-have-you driver.
flukester is offline   Reply With Quote