Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-26-07, 07:49 PM   #37
GamerGuyX

Default Re: The Darkness Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Would like to see a comparison of the two versions because from what I have seen (all media shown has been the X360 version) the game looks better then the previews, but that could be due to actually playing it rather then looking at things on my PC monitor.
360 and PS3 versions said to be equal (with the 360 version getting a slight nudge for having achievements).

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-07, 08:20 PM   #38
|MaguS|

The PS3 version has accomplishments, buit in achievements I think. Oh and the game is the first to feature a First Person Kiss... really weird and disturbing actually.

Im sitting on the couch watching TV with the GF...

Sometimes the animation is amazing, other times it sucks... so weird.
Old 06-26-07, 08:26 PM   #39
Mathesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
The PS3 version has accomplishments, buit in achievements I think. Oh and the game is the first to feature a First Person Kiss... really weird and disturbing actually.

Im sitting on the couch watching TV with the GF...

Sometimes the animation is amazing, other times it sucks... so weird.
Ya I got the romantic achievement... to bad Jenny isnt the best looking chick

Despite its numerous flaws & annoyances Im still having fun with the game.
6 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 (3 x 2GB / Triple channel)
EVGA GTX 480 + EVGA GTX 260 Superclocked (PhysX)
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic / Logitech Z5500's
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro headphones + Go-Vibe V4 amp
2.4TB Total HDD / Win 7 64bit Ultimate
Samsung PX2370 LED TN & Samsung 2333T PVA
Pioneer Kuro 5080HD Plasma.
Mathesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-07, 08:28 PM   #40
|MaguS|

yeah constantly shooting out lights just to use the darklings is annoying... I really don't see to many flaws in the game, yeah the animation could use work but the amazing voice work more then makes up for it. This is MGS quality voice work...
Old 06-26-07, 08:37 PM   #41
Sectus

A few questions about the PS3 version...

How does the achievements works? There's a list on the main menu called "Achievements" listing 50 things to do? If so, it's identical to the 360 version except they are added to the gamescore in the 360 version.

How's the video quality on the TVs in the game? Since PS3 has bluray I'm expecting that to be vastly better than the 360 version. On the 360 version the video quality is rather similar to youtube. You can see obvious compression artifacts and text is very hard to read (only the title logos for the movies/shows are readable, any other text impossible to understand).

It would be interesting to see a graphical comparison of the different versions, but unfortunately I have no way of taking high quality pictures from my 360. Hopefully gametrailers.com will release a comparison video, they've done that to many previous 360/PS3 games.
Sectus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-07, 09:33 PM   #42
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Played it for a while and enjoyed it quite a bit... took me a little while to get into it, but I enjoy it... I love eating the hearts of people. And I think most of the textures are awesome.... some of the character models aren't the greatest, but I feel the game still looks very good, and a lot better than some of the videos I have seen.

And the TV stuff is awesome.... watching To Kill a Mockingbird and Flash Gordon owns.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-07, 09:35 PM   #43
|MaguS|

The video on the TV is pretty crisp, shows look nice and clear... news sometimes has a fuzz but I think its for effect.

I think the PS3 might suffer from the overbright, in the streets the game seems pretty bright... i mean even shooting out the lights doesnt really darken the game. In alleys and indoors its far darker but outside its almost clear as day.

One thing I notice is the amount of dialog in the game... they constantly say different things. Sure they repeat every once and a while its not nearly as bad as other games.
Old 06-26-07, 10:38 PM   #44
delas52
:::::::::::::::::

If you notice the ign reviews for ps3/360 you see that in the graphics roundup section at the end of each review it states that the ps3 has some framerate problems while the 360's framerate is stable.
delas52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-07, 06:59 AM   #45
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

So far my game has been butter smooth... but I am not very far in... so that could change.
Old 06-27-07, 09:01 AM   #46
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by delas52
If you notice the ign reviews for ps3/360 you see that in the graphics roundup section at the end of each review it states that the ps3 has some framerate problems while the 360's framerate is stable.
I have had no FPS issues yet, about halfway through the game.
Old 06-27-07, 09:24 AM   #47
Mathesar

Im at least halfway through 360's version and it runs superb. I was up way later than usual playing this game last night, playing it in a dark room with the surround sound cranked up is a good way to get sucked into the game, At this point its up there with one of the best FPS experiances ive had to date.
6 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 (3 x 2GB / Triple channel)
EVGA GTX 480 + EVGA GTX 260 Superclocked (PhysX)
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic / Logitech Z5500's
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro headphones + Go-Vibe V4 amp
2.4TB Total HDD / Win 7 64bit Ultimate
Samsung PX2370 LED TN & Samsung 2333T PVA
Pioneer Kuro 5080HD Plasma.
Mathesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-07, 12:07 PM   #48
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathesar
Im at least halfway through 360's version and it runs superb. I was up way later than usual playing this game last night, playing it in a dark room with the surround sound cranked up is a good way to get sucked into the game, At this point its up there with one of the best FPS experiances ive had to date.
Agreed.... my sub rumbles like a mofo when The Darkness is speaking.