Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-04-07, 05:33 PM   #85
|MaguS|

Default Re: The Darkness Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENU291
Well in all fairness when you first launch The Darkness on the 360 you have to set the games gama levels. If you think the 360 version looks washed out then that is directly attributed to incorrect gama settings.
Well I have noticed in multiple cross platform games that if the X360 lacked one thing when comparing to the PS3 it was in contrast and brightness, the X360 alot of the times is off for some reason.

I think its due to each game having their own brightness and contrast profile rather then using a system default like the PS3 seems to have.
Old 07-04-07, 05:42 PM   #86
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Well I have noticed in multiple cross platform games that if the X360 lacked one thing when comparing to the PS3 it was in contrast and brightness, the X360 alot of the times is off for some reason.

I think its due to each game having their own brightness and contrast profile rather then using a system default like the PS3 seems to have.
I've always noticed that it's the PS3 that looks washed out. The default contrast always seems set way to high. This includes all those VS videos on GameTrailers.

I also agree with the rest stating that the 360 version of The Darkness slightly edges out that of the PS3 version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn
GamerGuyX - Little off topic, and I don't mean to speak ill of the dead but I hope Chris Benoit burns in hell (if what I heard is true of course).
I hope you burn in hell bitch.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-07, 05:45 PM   #87
|MaguS|

Im not saying that the AA doesn't make the X360 look better because the PS3 does have noticable jaggies when compared with the X360 but when it comes to color and lighting I think the PS3 version is better. Textures they both look identical though...
Old 07-04-07, 05:48 PM   #88
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Im not saying that the AA doesn't make the X360 look better because the PS3 does have noticable jaggies when compared with the X360 but when it comes to color and lighting I think the PS3 version is better. Textures they both look identical though...
Color and lighting of the 360 version is what I was referring to with my response.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
Old 07-04-07, 07:30 PM   #89
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291

Quote:
I think you should reword your post to say that on YOUR setup at home the PS3 version looks better because it's quite obvious that the PS3 version of The Darkness is a port of the 360.
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 10:08 AM   #90
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Quote:

Must be kidding, every cross platform game so far has looked and played better on the 360 in some way.

As for the lighting, awhile ago I would have agreed, but since the update for VGA the 360 has come into it's own.

Why is it hard to accept that the 360 version of The Darkness is better than the PS3s ?

One point I will agree on, I do tend to faff around with brightness and contrast settings to suit each particular game.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 01:08 PM   #91
gravioli

The Darkness is the best game I have played in a long time. I wish my 360 wouldn't have kicked the bucket before I finished it. I'm anxious to finish it as soon as MS repairs my console.
Old 07-05-07, 01:17 PM   #92
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravioli
You've inspired me to consider this absurd signature:

Adolf Hitler: 1889-1945
Rest in Peace
This is for you dude:

Chris Benoit as the United States champ.

Old 07-05-07, 04:53 PM   #93
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

The United States champ is a postal murdering maniac. Poster boy of the year... lol
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 06:11 PM   #94
GamerGuyX

*spoiler*

Does anybody know if it's possible to save the guy that's going to jump off the building in Gun Hill?

*end spoiler*

Old 07-06-07, 11:17 AM   #95
Moo
*BANNNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent
Why is it hard to accept that the 360 version of The Darkness is better than the PS3s ?
Because S0ry fanbois need to justify the $200 premium. Or, that a rat we have.
Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 11:37 AM   #96
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent
Must be kidding, every cross platform game so far has looked and played better on the 360 in some way.
Really???
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote