Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-24-07, 07:29 PM   #49
Redeemed

Default Re: Crysis First Impressions (Playable Demo @ WSVG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDE_1246
They really need to come out with a demo now. I mean i think they have enough done just to release a demo.
Here's the problem with that:

they would want the demo to be playable on as many systems as possible. If they released it now, there is the possibility that it'd not perform as desired on even the most high-end rig. This is why they are not releasing the demo now. It isn't an issue of the content not being there- it is an issue of the efficiency of the code they're using. Right now, I'm sure they're "trimming the fat" off of the completed game to enhance performance- as with the demo.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-07, 10:10 PM   #50
CDE_1246

Send a message via AIM to CDE_1246

yeah, good point
CDE_1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-07, 10:21 PM   #51
Ambrose

Yeah, Redeemed has a great point. Just imagine the negative public reaction that could result from a poorly optimized demo. I can already see those ignorant fools over at gamespot flooding the Crysis forum with "Why does Crysis run so bad?" threads.
<Evga 8800 GTX @ 630/1050>
<OCZ Flex XLC 2GB DDR2 800>
<Samsung 500GB 7200 RPM Sata Hard drive>

3DMark06 score: 12243
http://service.futuremark.com/orb/re...0&UID=11981243
Windows Vista Ultimate

Avid gamer, dedicated student (most of the time).
Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-07, 04:01 AM   #52
MaXThReAT

Now now, I think everyone needs to hold on just a feakin sec. Most of you people bichin in this thread need to pipedown. You don’t understand what your saying or doing. When FarCry came out there wasn't a PC made that could run it at max settings let alone SM3.0 with HDR. It still pushes PCs today. Why do all think it lasted so long, hu? Because it was such a blast to play in MP? NO! When the FarCry demos came out nobody could run em. If Crysis runs at 1600x1200 4xAA 16xAF MaX settings on my rig I will be disappointed in the developers at Crytec. As with FarCry I expect Crysis to push the envelop of game as we know it! And that means not being to be run completely maxed out on any available PC today. Physics, Dynamics, Gameplay, Story and yes graphics. You've all seen the Nv Head demo and it looks amazing, a head…running at 30fps! Owww oww it doesn't run perfect on my machine, booo hoo. Game devs and publishers are too scared to make stuff too advanced because of little mass market winy assholes. FarCry stayed around so long because it's engine offered such advanced features, advanced features at a performance cost. I look forward to not being able to run Crysis maxed out and the many many many upgrades I will enjoy getting, getting it to run maxed out and showing it off. Don't turn the PC in to a BoX. If you can't afford a quad core and two or four 8000's then to feakin to bad for you, stop holding back the market with your wining. Vista, Xbox ports and perfect performance will turn the PC in to a MS-game box void of everything I ever liked about PC gaming. I might as well buy an Xbox or PS3. Bad coding and low resolution textures are another thing but come on... I think I took this shot some time back in 2005 and with the AA of today it can still look damn good.
Evga 280 GTX 621/1349/2268
SB X-Fi FPS / Z-5500 + Buttkicker!

"Don't mind the posts, I've been around longer than most know."
MaXThReAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-07, 04:07 AM   #53
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXThReAT
Now now, I think everyone needs to hold on just a feakin sec. Most of you people bichin in this thread need to pipedown. You don’t understand what your saying or doing. When FarCry came out there wasn't a PC made that could run it at max settings let alone SM3.0 with HDR. It still pushes PCs today. Why do all think it lasted so long, hu? Because it was such a blast to play in MP? NO! If Crysis runs at 1600x1200 4xAA 16xAF MaX settings on my rig I will be disappointed in the developers at Crytec. As with FarCry I expect Crysis to push the envelop of game as we know it! And that means not being to be run completely maxed out on any available PC today. Physics, Dynamics, Gameplay, Story and yes graphics. You've all seen the Nv Head demo and it looks amazing, a head…running at 30fps! Owww oww it doesn't run perfect on my machine, booo hoo. Game devs and publishers are too scared to make stuff too advanced because of little mass market winy assholes. FarCry stayed around so long because it's engine offered such advanced features, advanced features at a performance cost. I look forward to not being able to run Crysis maxed out and the many many many upgrades I will enjoy getting, getting it to run maxed out and showing it off. Don't turn the PC in to a BoX. If you can't afford a quad core and two or four 8000's then to feakin to bad for you, stop holding back the market with your wining. Vista, Xbox ports and perfect performance will turn the PC in to a MS-game box void of everything I ever liked about PC gaming. I might as well buy an Xbox or PS3. Bad coding and low resolution textures are another thing but come on... I think I took this shot some time back in 2005 and with the AA of today it can still look damn good.
I fully agree. Far too long have are computers potential mostly sat idle. That is one thing I love about Vista- it actually utilizes the hardwarea available without tying up resources. I'm hoping for the same thing with Crysis that your are. I doubt my two GTSs will be capable of playing Crysis with everything maxed... if it does I'll likewise be disappointed.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-07, 04:16 AM   #54
evox
:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXThReAT
Now now, I think everyone needs to hold on just a feakin sec. Most of you people bichin in this thread need to pipedown. You don’t understand what your saying or doing. When FarCry came out there wasn't a PC made that could run it at max settings let alone SM3.0 with HDR. It still pushes PCs today. Why do all think it lasted so long, hu? Because it was such a blast to play in MP? NO! When the FC demo came out nobody could run it. If Crysis runs at 1600x1200 4xAA 16xAF MaX settings on my rig I will be disappointed in the developers at Crytec. As with FarCry I expect Crysis to push the envelop of game as we know it! And that means not being to be run completely maxed out on any available PC today. Physics, Dynamics, Gameplay, Story and yes graphics. You've all seen the Nv Head demo and it looks amazing, a head…running at 30fps! Owww oww it doesn't run perfect on my machine, booo hoo. Game devs and publishers are too scared to make stuff too advanced because of little mass market winy assholes. FarCry stayed around so long because it's engine offered such advanced features, advanced features at a performance cost. I look forward to not being able to run Crysis maxed out and the many many many upgrades I will enjoy getting, getting it to run maxed out and showing it off. Don't turn the PC in to a BoX. If you can't afford a quad core and two or four 8000's then to feakin to bad for you, stop holding back the market with your wining. Vista, Xbox ports and perfect performance will turn the PC in to a MS-game box void of everything I ever liked about PC gaming. I might as well buy an Xbox or PS3. Bad coding and low resolution textures are another thing but come on... I think I took this shot some time back in 2005 and with the AA of today it can still look damn good.
i disagree. not everyone can afford QX6700s and Dual 8800Ultras. what you're saying is basically if certain someone doesn't have top-of-the-line hardware, he/she shouldn't bother with the game at all? it's just too bad CryTek actually intend to sell the game. hence they will optimize it and will make sure it runs on most systems. that's what good game devs do. as for FC looking great, CryENGINE scales really well, You could easily play FarCry on a Older PC with ~2GHz CPU and 256MB, FX5200 and get decent Performance at Medium/Low Settings. and CryENGINE2 will (hopefully) continue the tradition.
evox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-07, 04:29 AM   #55
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
I fully agree. Far too long have are computers potential mostly sat idle. That is one thing I love about Vista- it actually utilizes the hardwarea available without tying up resources. I'm hoping for the same thing with Crysis that your are. I doubt my two GTSs will be capable of playing Crysis with everything maxed... if it does I'll likewise be disappointed.
You would be disappointed if Crytek got that game looking THAT good at 1600x1200 with 4xAA and 16xAF at 60+fps constant on your system?

I'm all for moving technology forward, but the point is to increase the realism and graphical quality, not system requirements. IMO, its a huge step forward to make something look better using less resources, not more.

And I dont know about you, but nothing is sitting idle when I play any recent game... except maybe one of my CPU cores (since few games use both). If you're settling for 20-40fps in a new game, your system is working its ass off to do that.

The last thing we need is MORE system heavy games, just for the sake of needing more power.

Like I said earlier, blurring the line between movie quality graphics and video games is only worth it if playability isn't sacrificed. If someone released a "game" that required a 10 million dollar server farm to run at 15fps, that is hardly a step in the right direction, no matter how good it looks.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-07, 04:55 AM   #56
Blacklash
8^9^3

With many games poor performance also comes from poor coding. Many games support extreme resolutions and are not designed on 1920x monitors and up. For a long time games have been directed @ 1024x, and now 1280x is becoming a more common standard.

I plan on staying @ 1680x for a while, at least until cards play it as well as they would currently play 1024x. Then I will probably move up one to 1920x.
SilverStone OP1000-E|SilverStone TJ10-B|Thermalright U-120 Extreme|Win 7 HP x64
Blacklash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-07, 10:56 AM   #57
Dreamingawake
*BANNED*

Yeah, well I can't really believe what I'm reading.

Crysis will perform amazingly on my rig, and anyone's who got a similar or better setup. End of story.

Core 2 Duo E6300
2Gb OCZ Ram
Evga Geforce 8800 GTS 640Mb
X-Fi Platinum
Vista Home Premium
Dreamingawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-07, 11:50 AM   #58
evox
:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamingawake
Yeah, well I can't really believe what I'm reading.

Crysis will perform amazingly on my rig, and anyone's who got a similar or better setup. End of story.

Core 2 Duo E6300
2Gb OCZ Ram
Evga Geforce 8800 GTS 640Mb
X-Fi Platinum
Vista Home Premium
I'm Getting a 8800GTX Just for Crysis. I hope it runs well
evox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-07, 12:46 PM   #59
loafer87gt

I really hope this game will run OK on my machine. I have been told from several guys at Rage3d that the game runs much better on the R600 based cards than on my 8800GTX, due to the supposedly superior DX10 performance of the cards. The game looks great from all the previews I have seen - If I can run things at mid detail levels at my LCD's native res, I will be more than happy.

Intel QX6700 @ 3.2 Ghz
Intel Bad Axe 2 Motherboard
8 GB Corsair Dominator 8500
MSI TwinFroz GTX 470
Soundblaster X-Fi
Silverstone Zeus 850 PSU
Dell FPW2405 LCD
Win 7 64 Bit
loafer87gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-07, 12:51 PM   #60
jcrox
Mahna Mahna

Quote:
Originally Posted by loafer87gt
I really hope this game will run OK on my machine. I have been told from several guys at Rage3d that the game runs much better on the R600 based cards than on my 8800GTX, due to the supposedly superior DX10 performance of the cards. The game looks great from all the previews I have seen - If I can run things at mid detail levels at my LCD's native res, I will be more than happy.
And these guys all know this because they have the game already?? They likely have no clue and as Cevat himself said it will run on Ultra settings on an e6600/2gig memory/8800

As for my first impression of this game....IT'S TAKING ENTIRELY TOO LONG!!

Gaming

MSI MPower Z87 | 4770k | CNPS9900MAX-B | 8GB G.Skill 1866 | EVGA GTX760 |ThermalTake 850w | X-Fi Titanium | HAF | Asus PA248Q | Lycosa | Death Adder | Win8 Pro 64

Dev/Backup

MSI GD65 | 2500k | H50 | 8GB G.skill | GTX570 | Ubuntu 13.10

Laptop

17" Inspiron | i5 | 4GB DDR3 | 500GB HDD | Win7 Pro 64

jcrox is offline   Reply With Quote