Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-25-07, 02:07 PM   #61
MaXThReAT

Default Re: Crysis First Impressions (Playable Demo @ WSVG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL
You would be disappointed if Crytek got that game looking THAT good at 1600x1200 with 4xAA and 16xAF at 60+fps constant on your system?
I'm not sure if your talking about the FC shot or Crysis. I'll say crysis for this example.
I don't know what settings all the videos and screenshots are taken at. Do you know how happy I would be if Crysis does run on my rig @ 60fps in the quality shown in the vids and shots, very happy, we all would be. Do you know what would make me even happier, if those shots and vids aren't the maxed out setting and quality and there is an Ultra Super Uber setting that brings my rig and anyone else’s to it's knees, as long as the quality trade off is there. That's what’s going to push card sales, that's what’s going to keep the game around for years. Imagine if it had like a CG Mode or something and it looked like nothing we have ever seen before. Like it was with SM3.0, HDR and dynamic branching. Crytek is going to make the best graphics possible and the best performance. What I'm trying to say is I hope they don't hold a single thing back. Something that only a 9000 could run or quad 8800. What people are saying is don't make it look that good because we can't run it yet. Settings, it's about the settings. So what if you can't max it out on a top of line system of today, if you can then I will be disapointed because it will mean they held back. Do you think crytek is going to cripple their game with crappy coded effects because they look good? NO there going to code it the best they can no matter what and I hope they build in overhead so the game will push systems for years to come. I hope you understand my point, it's all in the settings. When FC came out I ran it at 1024x768 2xAA and 4-8AF and when I got a new card or CPU what do you think the first game was I tested, that we all tested, that we all bench over and over and over?
Evga 280 GTX 621/1349/2268
SB X-Fi FPS / Z-5500 + Buttkicker!

"Don't mind the posts, I've been around longer than most know."
MaXThReAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-07, 02:38 PM   #62
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXThReAT
I'm not sure if your talking about the FC shot or Crysis. I'll say crysis for this example.
I don't know what settings all the videos and screenshots are taken at. Do you know how happy I would be if Crysis does run on my rig @ 60fps in the quality shown in the vids and shots, very happy, we all would be. Do you know what would make me even happier, if those shots and vids aren't the maxed out setting and quality and there is an Ultra Super Uber setting that brings my rig and anyone else’s to it's knees, as long as the quality trade off is there. That's what’s going to push card sales, that's what’s going to keep the game around for years. Imagine if it had like a CG Mode or something and it looked like nothing we have ever seen before. Like it was with SM3.0, HDR and dynamic branching. Crytek is going to make the best graphics possible and the best performance. What I'm trying to say is I hope they don't hold a single thing back. Something that only a 9000 could run or quad 8800. What people are saying is don't make it look that good because we can't run it yet. Settings, it's about the settings. So what if you can't max it out on a top of line system of today, if you can then I will be disapointed because it will mean they held back. Do you think crytek is going to cripple their game with crappy coded effects because they look good? NO there going to code it the best they can no matter what and I hope they build in overhead so the game will push systems for years to come. I hope you understand my point, it's all in the settings. When FC came out I ran it at 1024x768 2xAA and 4-8AF and when I got a new card or CPU what do you think the first game was I tested, that we all tested, that we all bench over and over and over?
I see what youre saying. And I agree.

It just erks me a bit when people claim that our computers are too fast and that they would be disappointed if some new game actually ran good on a top of the line system.

There are very very few games from the past 2 years that run as smooth as I'd like on my system at high resolutions (with no AA).

I'm all for super uber insane graphics settings that give us a reason to upgrade, but not to the point of wishing for poorer performance. There is already plenty of incentive for people to buy faster computers.

If we get to a point where every game runs at 60fps constant no matter what settings we use, then yeah, push the limit. As it is right now though, most games run like ass at least part of the time. Give us good performance first... after that, add all the super uber system killer options you want.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-07, 02:38 PM   #63
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by loafer87gt
I really hope this game will run OK on my machine. I have been told from several guys at Rage3d that the game runs much better on the R600 based cards than on my 8800GTX, due to the supposedly superior DX10 performance of the cards. The game looks great from all the previews I have seen - If I can run things at mid detail levels at my LCD's native res, I will be more than happy.
LOL!!! Think about what you've just stated: "I have been told from several guys at Rage3d that the game runs much better on the R600 based cards than on my 8800GTX, due to the supposedly superior DX10 performance of the cards."

Do you really expect Rage3D to say: "Your hardware should be fine. Your 8800GTX will rreally rock in Crysis!"

Those guys wouldn't know what neutral was if they were standing in switzerland
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-07, 02:45 PM   #64
loafer87gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC
LOL!!! Think about what you've just stated: "I have been told from several guys at Rage3d that the game runs much better on the R600 based cards than on my 8800GTX, due to the supposedly superior DX10 performance of the cards."

Do you really expect Rage3D to say: "Your hardware should be fine. Your 8800GTX will rreally rock in Crysis!"

I guess they are going by a statement made some time ago by the developers of the game who said that the R600 hardware was a better match for Crysis than the G80 cards. Time will tell, however, once we see some legitimate benchmarks for the game.

Intel QX6700 @ 3.2 Ghz
Intel Bad Axe 2 Motherboard
8 GB Corsair Dominator 8500
MSI TwinFroz GTX 470
Soundblaster X-Fi
Silverstone Zeus 850 PSU
Dell FPW2405 LCD
Win 7 64 Bit
loafer87gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-07, 06:43 PM   #65
evox
:3

Quote:

QFT!
evox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-07, 06:51 PM   #66
|MaguS|

Quote:

Old 06-25-07, 07:53 PM   #67
Darkoz
lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by loafer87gt
I really hope this game will run OK on my machine. I have been told from several guys at Rage3d that the game runs much better on the R600 based cards than on my 8800GTX, due to the supposedly superior DX10 performance of the cards. The game looks great from all the previews I have seen - If I can run things at mid detail levels at my LCD's native res, I will be more than happy.
Did you expect anything different from Rage3D, asking them for an objective opinion is like leaving Dracular in charge of a blood bank.
Old 06-25-07, 08:27 PM   #68
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

I wanna see how Crysis is going to run on my current rig. Since I don't have a DX10 card, maybe it will run a little smoother . . . Heck, I don't expect my computer to run it period.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-07, 08:31 PM   #69
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
I wanna see how Crysis is going to run on my current rig. Since I don't have a DX10 card, maybe it will run a little smoother . . . Heck, I don't expect my computer to run it period.
I dont either.
Old 06-25-07, 09:20 PM   #70
evox
:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
I dont either.
+1
evox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-07, 10:31 PM   #71
breathemetal
*BANNED*

Send a message via AIM to breathemetal

I want to play Crysis...

DAMNITALL! Release a demo for us
breathemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-07, 10:48 PM   #72
Xion X2

Crysis Online was the site that posted that (R600 will run it better than G80). They had a theoretical "expected" benchmark of 55-60fps compared to 45-50 for the GTX. Where they got that I have no idea. I don't even remember the details of res/settings, etc.

And you'd be surprised how many Nvidia guys hang out over on Rage3D. The ratio is a lot more balanced over there than it is here.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote