Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-26-07, 10:30 AM   #1
nav_nv

Default NVS 285 PCI-Ex Graphics Card support

Hi
We are trying to evaluate and verify a Single board computer, model BCM-ECB 5945 GM, which has the intel 945GM Chip set.

I am using NVS-285 Pci-Ex x1 Connector, and Fedora kernel 2.6.18. I am able to get the dual displays of the graphics card, but I also need to get the inboard VGA / DVI output. At this point when I plug in the NVS285 I loose the onboard VGA display.

I tried to find out if there is any changes in the BIOS and could not find anything that would help.

We tested the same intel chipset on Windows and were able to get all the three displays working, so it seems to me that the NVIDIA driver or the Linux kernel disables the onboard display.

I read in some forums that on PCI-Ex disables the on board PCI VGA port. Can anyone confirm that please.

I would really appreciate if you could provide us some feedback as to how we could get all the three displays under Linux if possible.

As a side note I was able to use the same chipset and got PCI version of graphics card NVC 280 come up with all the three displays.

Thanks
Regards.
nav_nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-07, 11:11 AM   #2
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: NVS 285 PCI-Ex Graphics Card support

I'd suggest reading & following the forum sticky posts.
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-07, 11:22 AM   #3
nav_nv

Question Re: NVS 285 PCI-Ex Graphics Card support

Hi
I know that I did not attach the nvidia bug report. But in this case that would not be of any help. I know that I do not see the particular onboard PCI bus (0.2.0), while the NVIDIA displays come up fine.

So I was hoping just to get a confirmation if PCI-Ex would support onboard display using the intel chipset drivers (i810), the way NVS 280 can do

Thanks
Regards
Old 06-26-07, 11:30 AM   #4
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: NVS 285 PCI-Ex Graphics Card support

There are no generic answers to your questions.
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-07, 05:51 PM   #5
nav_nv

Question Re: NVS 285 PCI-Ex Graphics Card support

Hi

I disabled the PCI compliance mode from 1.0a to 1.00, and was able to see both the intel display controller and NVS Quadro controller. The only problem is that with this BIOS setting when I use my xorg.conf that I used with PCI NVS 280 and I am getting only black screen on all the three displays. When I remove the PCI-Ex card I get my on board display. Any help here would be helpful.

Thanks
Regards
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report.log (99.4 KB, 65 views)