Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-27-07, 04:24 PM   #37
nemecb

Default Re: Microsoft now receiving 2,500 broken 360s per day in UK alone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme
Now lets check numbers, http://www.nexgenwars.com/ reports that the 360 has sold 11 million console worldwide. Lets assume that 1/3rd of them were sold in the UK (which is unrealisticly high), that gives us a installed base of a little over 3.5 million. Doing a little quick division 390,000 defective units a year is a failure rate of ~11% while 650,000 is ~19%.

Now should that be true, the failure rate would be pretty high but no where even close to catastrophic. As most buisnesses go they expect failure rates on hardware between 2% and 5% or 70,000 and 175,000 respectively.
Catastrophic? Of course not. Very, very bad? Absolutely. Even the low number would be more than double the high end of the expected failure rates.

Not to mention the fact that nowhere near 3.5 million were sold in the UK, according to this at least. At 1.3 million the numbers look more like a third to a half failed.

Of course, this is precisely why I'm skeptical of the 1500-2500 claim, but if it's true then that's atrocious, period.
nemecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-07, 04:49 PM   #38
Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemecb
Of course, this is precisely why I'm skeptical of the 1500-2500 claim, but if it's true then that's atrocious, period.
Until we can get numbers from microsoft rather than simply "some guy" from a forum on the internet we will be at a loss, and MS isn't interested on releasing numbers.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-07, 05:24 PM   #39
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

I don't get how some are so willing to believe Microsoft over there fellow forum goers when it is Microsoft with more to lose if they were to be really truthful on this situation. Nearly every forum I visit there is a thread dedicated solely to those with a broken 360's and its not just from new members but guys that been around for a long time. Sure some of liars that identify too much with a particular console but many are not.

Just because this is console we should not be giving it a free ride. If this rate of failure was happening to latest video card or LCD monitor we would be writing off that particular company and putting them on the do not buy from list. This should be taken seruously because the 360 is not a toy and cost many of us hundreds of dollars more than any LCD or video card.

I guess I am just angry my system died today but I also wish some would stop acting as if this is just a fluke. It is not. I just one one system to replace another and now the replacement is dead.

Quote:
Until we can get numbers from microsoft rather than simply "some guy" from a forum on the internet we will be at a loss, and MS isn't interested on releasing numbers.
And they never will as it will open the flood gates for class action lawsuits.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-07, 05:31 PM   #40
nemecb

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemecb
We'll probably never know how high the failure rates really are since I'm sure they'll never release official numbers.
Preachin' to the choir.
nemecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-07, 05:43 PM   #41
boomshot
pwns you.

Well sucks for the UK,

my friends 360 broke, im lucky, mine hasnt gone yet and we both got them at christmas,

from the time he sent it in and received it was less than 10 business days.
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E8400 (6MB L2 Cache, 3GHz,1333 FSB)
4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 4 DIMMs
500GB - Seagate 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Cache
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic (D) Sound Card
nVidia® GeForce® 8800 GT 512MB
Dell 24 inch UltraSharp™ 2408WFP
boomshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-07, 05:53 PM   #42
Lyme

Looking through some of links on the web site linked in the first post. That is a amazing survey it is almost completely useless http://www.360-gamer.com/xbox360hard...luresurvey.asp
I find it amazing that some people still are given the right to produce articles like the one quoted in this thread. Take the line "Lastly, we’d also like to point you to our continuing Xbox 360 hardware failure survey, which is now approaching 5000 entries." From this you would expect they have 5000 entries of broken/defective 360's, but no.. half the entries are "mine hasn't broken yet". Worse the information gathered in the survey is pretty scant, nothing listing how it broke, when it broke, what were you doing when it broke, etc.. What a complete waste of time.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-07, 05:53 PM   #43
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291

My launch 360 kicked the bucket on me in January 06. MS overnighted a coffin to me and promptly replaced my 360 in about 4 business days. The replacement has been going strong ever since. I personally do believe that there is a problem with the current Xbox360 design but it seems that MS is satisfied with dealing with these issues as they present themselves instead of a massive recall (it's cheaper this way).
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-07, 06:34 PM   #44
TiKi1

Unhappy Re: Microsoft now receiving 2,500 broken 360s per day in UK alone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrdstrm
@ GamerGuyX - Why the hell do you have an RIP sig for a guy that MURDERED HIS WIFE AND CHILD?!?!? Seems kinda f'ed up to me...
Exactly what I was thinking.
TiKi1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-07, 10:34 PM   #45
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

My 360 red ringed in October after 3 days use. Took it back and got a refund
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-07, 10:38 PM   #46
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaahu_Akbar
My 360 red ringed in October after 3 days use. Took it back and got a refund
Liar! According to evilchris the X360 is flawless because his hasn't broken yet!
Old 06-27-07, 10:56 PM   #47
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Liar! According to evilchris the X360 is flawless because his hasn't broken yet!
Just as you say ALL ARE BAD since "yours" broke. Double standard having beotch.
Old 06-27-07, 11:27 PM   #48
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
Just as you say ALL ARE BAD since "yours" broke. Double standard having beotch.
I never once said they were all bad, I only stated that their is a serious issue with the system. Hell my first post in this thread stated alone that I did not believe the article.

Man I know you are smart but why do you always have to act like a retard when it comes to consoles, yeah you stir the **** but pulling a kevpla is just too much.

And since you missed it original, here is the first thing I said when reading this article... I don't hate the X360 even though you try to make me look like I do, if I did I wouldn't own one now would I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
2.5K per day?! Oh come on now.... Even I can't believe that... That would mean that almost every unit MS has made and sold was defective...