Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-28-07, 07:27 AM   #49
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Default Re: Microsoft now receiving 2,500 broken 360s per day in UK alone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENU291
So in the UK about 70,000 360's are sent back to MS for repair every month... wouldn't a figure like that kick off some massive investigation by the state or something? Those numbers just don't add up to me.
Agreed, what may have happened is one day in history they received something close to that number, and used the term "daily" because it happened on a day.
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-07, 10:29 AM   #50
Ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner_Tbird2
I know eight ppl personally who own 360's and I know of eight 360's that have red ringed. I have yet to meet the 360 owner who bought a 360 around release day/month that did not die within 12 months. Those that took better care of their 360s lasted longer but the failure seems inevitable.
I have a launch 360 that has worked flawlessly, and I play a lot (gamerscore is around 20k). However, I keep it well ventilated and it does not get abused. It has a warranty until Nov 2008 or something like that, so I'm not concerned.

My cousin has a 360 made in Feb 06, and it also has worked fine with the exception of one time he left it in a small enclosed area overnight with a game on pause and it overheated (red rings - when he opened the doors to the small cabinet he also felt a surge of hot air coming out). After he placed it in a more ventilated spot it has worked fine since.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Ruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-07, 12:15 PM   #51
Greg

Just for interest... I have direct knowledge of 9 xboxes, through friends etc.. 3 have failed in some way so far.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-07, 10:57 AM   #52
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

It's unfortunate when you start to consider your games console as a consumable,it's just the way it is.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-07, 01:03 PM   #53
Hambone

2,500 a day my left nut.

When I hear numbers like this I think of how twisted numbers can be.

For example, right now AT&T is claiming that it's adding 650 new Uverse customers per day. While that number is probably inflated, the reallyway they got the count up to that level is by offering two month free trials of Uverse. Sure 650 a day is nice, but when at least 50% cancel after their free trial..... Verizon does the same thing with FIOS. They'll skirt real subscriber numbers sticking with the "number added per day" or month figures because they look so much beter.

All they care about is the quick facts and offering a free trial is the best way to get numbers to impress stockholders with.

BTW - I got my 360 about 4 months after launch. Have played it like crazy since then and it's never had a problem.

Well, I keep it on a table in open air so it's probably my fault it hasn't broken since I haven't stuffed it into a cabinet or put other components on top of it. I also don't like to drop it or move it while it's on - but that's just me.
Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-07, 02:49 PM   #54
Wavern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone
2,500 a day my left nut.

When I hear numbers like this I think of how twisted numbers can be.

For example, right now AT&T is claiming that it's adding 650 new Uverse customers per day. While that number is probably inflated, the reallyway they got the count up to that level is by offering two month free trials of Uverse. Sure 650 a day is nice, but when at least 50% cancel after their free trial..... Verizon does the same thing with FIOS. They'll skirt real subscriber numbers sticking with the "number added per day" or month figures because they look so much beter.

All they care about is the quick facts and offering a free trial is the best way to get numbers to impress stockholders with.

BTW - I got my 360 about 4 months after launch. Have played it like crazy since then and it's never had a problem.

Well, I keep it on a table in open air so it's probably my fault it hasn't broken since I haven't stuffed it into a cabinet or put other components on top of it. I also don't like to drop it or move it while it's on - but that's just me.
You scoff at the report and then immediately use an example that makes no sense and certainly doesn't help your argument. Perhaps you're trying to say the 2,500 every month aren't unique every month.. and that people who send their units in multiple times should only be counted as one?
Wavern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-07, 03:12 PM   #55
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

"As Evilchris as already stated. There is absolutely nothing to be worried about."
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-07, 06:07 PM   #56
Hambone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavern
You scoff at the report and then immediately use an example that makes no sense and certainly doesn't help your argument. Perhaps you're trying to say the 2,500 every month aren't unique every month.. and that people who send their units in multiple times should only be counted as one?
Well I work with six people that bought 360's within six months of launch and have never had a problem with them... All of them have the units placed in open air.

I believe more than 50% of whatever problems really exist are user created. Either from restricted air flow, abuse or 3rd part products that are known to do damage to units. And, there's all the people flashing the DVD drive's.

Example: My friends 3 year old daughter opened the cd tray of his PS2 which was sitting on the floor and then stepped on the cd tray breaking it off. Maybe we should have a big article about how PS2 CD trays suck!

The world is full of idiots and liars. All I can see from personal experience is that 360's are perfect after months of heavy use. I know some people just love finding things to bitch about - and anything Microsoft does is evil, and broken 360's make for good news stories. I've talked to a lot of people in person about the 360 and have yet to encounter a live flesh and blood human that has a 360 that's died........
Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-07, 07:20 PM   #57
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Quote:
Well I work with six people that bought 360's within six months of launch and have never had a problem with them... All of them have the units placed in open air.

I believe more than 50% of whatever problems really exist are user created. Either from restricted air flow, abuse or 3rd part products that are known to do damage to units. And, there's all the people flashing the DVD drive's.

Example: My friends 3 year old daughter opened the cd tray of his PS2 which was sitting on the floor and then stepped on the cd tray breaking it off. Maybe we should have a big article about how PS2 CD trays suck!

The world is full of idiots and liars. All I can see from personal experience is that 360's are perfect after months of heavy use. I know some people just love finding things to bitch about - and anything Microsoft does is evil, and broken 360's make for good news stories. I've talked to a lot of people in person about the 360 and have yet to encounter a live flesh and blood human that has a 360 that's died........
So people across the world are coming together to just lie because they hate Microsoft? Pathetic.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-07, 08:23 PM   #58
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Seems like the xbox fanboys have their own little civil war going on.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-07, 08:29 PM   #59
|MaguS|

Quote:
Actually there was alot of controversies about the reliablity of the PS2, every Xbox fanboy brought up the issues of PS2s losing the ability to read DVDs or CDs aswell of disc scratching but guess what? Sony covered all the issues and a year later it was never a big issue again... Over a year since launch and were getting the same complaints since its original launch... doesn't seem like MS is doing anything about it.

I love how since one person knows multiple people with Xboxs then theres nothing wrong with the system because yeah those 6 people really count for the 9 million owners of the console. Every person I know in person who has an X360 has had it either fail or already show errors that might lead to failure.

One friend has no issues but he cannot playing Gears of War, his system gives him a disc read error whenever he puts it in and yes we have tried multiple copies.
Old 07-01-07, 08:30 PM   #60
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

i never would have believed that this thread would go on and on for this long