Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-29-07, 10:10 AM   #13
flukester
*BANNED*

Default Re: Want XP to look like Vista? Here's how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent
I use to use this transformation pack and had no problems whatsoever, was version 6 I think it was, before I actually installed Vista.

Use to work and look great without problems.

Quit the scaremongery nonsense.
I wouldn't post trash. I've used this since version 6, yes 6 had bugs and I was able to iron them out but it was more in regards to missing icon or two not system problems at all, but other than that never had a problem. I recently had to re-install my XP because my soundcard fried and nothing was detailing it was the sound card but I installed 7 and the icon problems are all resolved and I have no issues at all. I played BF2, BF2142, Infernal, Subspace and Tomb Raider Anniversary last night without even a hiccup.

(oh the site I sent you seems to be down for maintenance. Maybe he's putting more trojans into the transformation pack.. ffs. It can be obtained from many other prominent sites.)

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...ion-Pack.shtml

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.ph...ic=569742&st=0

Neowin is a very prominent Windows site and even they advertise it in their forums. I frequent Neowin myself and never heard such claims as radekhulan states.

Anyhow, use it if you like. I have it has always worked fine for me. I'm not gonna waste my time arguing. For those that 'know' how to run their system and if your system is running well give it a go. Tonite I will uninstall it and see if my system is F'd I'll be sure to tell you. So if you want to wait for that update, no problem. Just because 1 or 2 people had a problem doesn't sanction this as being crapware.
flukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-07, 10:22 AM   #14
TierMann
Bite my shiny, metal @ss!

I've used this version (7.0) the last time I had XP installed.

1) It requires WindowBlinds for the glass effects/Aero anyway so it's not totally free.
2) It replaces a ton of system files with hacked versions, some not even being the latest versions of the file to start with.
3) It complains about the security update for GDI+ and asks you to remove it, making all your applications that use it less secure.
4) Some windows updates refused to install after installing VTP.
Athlon XP 3000+ | ECS KM400M2 3.0 | 512mb DDR333 | PNY 5200 Ultra
TV-Tuner | Silver Aspire X-Qpack w/Windows | WinXP MCE 2005 | 200Gb Storage
DVD Collection -- MySpace
TierMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-07, 10:50 AM   #15
flukester
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TierMann
I've used this version (7.0) the last time I had XP installed.

1) It requires WindowBlinds for the glass effects/Aero anyway so it's not totally free.
That's partially true. Yes it does 'require' windowblinds, but you can get the shareware here
Old 06-29-07, 10:58 AM   #16
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by flukester
Neowin is a very prominent Windows site and even they advertise it in their forums. I frequent Neowin myself and never heard such claims as radekhulan states.
neowin what a ****ing joke of a site.

I used to be a long time member (14,000 post) but after few years the site been invaded by hordes of idiots. That site is loosing visitors every day.
Old 06-29-07, 11:13 AM   #17
radekhulan

Quote:
Well, thank you for another support for my argument, that this should NOT be installed.

From Neowin.net:

.. the last one changes core files to windows, some how this slow things down, now that wasn't that big a problem a pain yes problem no, what was if you change anything like uninstall, it would kill your computer making you (like me) have to format and start over.

I completely agree. This is one CPU hogging piece of software.
My websites: [url=http://hulan.cz/en][b]HULAN.cz[/b][/url], [url=http://radekhulan.cz/][b]RADEKHULAN.cz[/b][/url], [url=http://hulan.info/][b]HULAN.info[/b][/url], [url=http://blogcms.com/][b]BLOGCMS.com[/b][/url], [url=http://www.megablog.cz/][b]MEGABLOG.cz[/b][/url] | [url=http://hulan.cz/temp/games.png][b]Games played[/b][/url] | [URL=http://hulan.cz/temp/sestava.png][B]CPU-Z[/B][/URL] -- [URL="http://radekhulan.cz/img/stacker-830/stacker-830-bocnice.jpg"][B]case foto[/B][/URL][/size]
radekhulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-07, 11:20 AM   #18
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

I also recommend staying away from VTP. It ruined my work laptop and I had to do a complete reinstall of XP in order to get rid of it. If you're really looking for the Vista look w/o installing the OS itself, download Vista Inspirat 2. I've been using it for a few weeks now with no stability problems and all my system updates work fine. FYI, Softpedia has validated its 100% free of malware.
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-07, 11:33 AM   #19
flukester
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
neowin what a ****ing joke of a site.

I used to be a long time member (14,000 post) but after few years the site been invaded by hordes of idiots. That site is loosing visitors every day.
You had a problem with me ever since I got here, invaded my posts and treated me poorly for no reason. Most likely got your forum buddies to harass me as well. Honestly, anything you say goes in one ear.

It's most likely you got banned from the site. 14,000 posts? Ffs I been there for years and I have approx 5000 which means like here, you are a mouth with obviously little to do in life other than inflate your post count. I've been there literally since the day it opened, a great site with a wealth of information and good/fair moderators. Sure there are the threads you get irritating people in, but then in this thread YOU are that irritating person.

And for that matter, what forum doesn't have idiots?

The site is losing visitors every day.. Like you can substantiate that or even prove it..

Obviously you have nothing more to contribute other than again, putting down a thread of mine or inflating your post count. Get a life man, if you don't like me fine but taking pot shots is to me very loserish. Don't post to my threads, it's that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |JuiceZ|
FYI, Softpedia has validated its 100% free of malware.
So what? Brico-Pack is useless garbage that literally does nothing, certainly doesn't mimic Vista overly well and the only reason the VTP fails is because it has 3rd party components, does not mean at all it has malware. Does Spybot S&D say anything? Does Adaware say anything? No. The two top Spyware/malware/Trojan busters.

As for the VTP, only released just a week or two ago.. Rating: Very Good (4.3/5) | Rated by: 4,275 user

Yours? only downloaded a thousand times and it's been out 3 times as long. Says a lot for Brico-Pack...

Bah you people can team up on me and whatever else. I leave it at that, period. I've provided sufficient retorts to all your comments. It's up to whoever wants it. It's well rated, always was well received. It's not just some cheap ass theme, it's giving you the appearance of Vista on XP. Naturally files have to be changed(they are backed up and restored when you uninstall), if it was loaded with garbage there would be flames everywhere you go. There is a handful of people who think it sucks but then who cares? Try it, and if you don't like it uninstall it. I never had a problem with it other than a missing icon or two.. If you know ANYTHING about your OS you should be good to go. If your OS has problems or you don't feel confident about applying this, then DON'T. Get Windowblinds or whatever. I have yet to see a Windowblinds theme that even comes close to what the VTP does.
Old 06-29-07, 12:00 PM   #20
evilghost

Forget your meds today?
evilghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-07, 12:01 PM   #21
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilghost
Forget your meds today?

oh and fluke, i wasn't banned, i never was banned from any site.

Quote:
Most likely got your forum buddies to harass me as well.
what? haha, how did you figure that one out. yes we have weekly meetings (600 member strong). What do to in your post.

Making unfounded accusations, that’s just sad.

Replies here were nothing more then warnings some other users don't open their machines to long list of issues that can be caused by replacing almost all critical system files.
Old 06-29-07, 01:11 PM   #22
buffbiff21
*B4NNED*

1. As stated, this "Vista" theme is swiss cheese. DON'T INSTALL IT.
2. Vista looks ugly anyway.

If you're going to run XP just get this. http://www.istartedsomething.com/20061029/royale-noir/. A simple visual improvement with no disturbance of system files.

...or just run Linux.
Old 06-29-07, 01:29 PM   #23
Tr1cK
not coming back

Umm, why not just run Windowblinds by itself instead of putting this crap on top of it?

flukester
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-07, 01:35 PM   #24
evilghost

Quote:
Most likely got your forum buddies to harass me as well.
nekrosoft13 pretty much hates me because of my stance on Win32 and the fact I pretty much crap on his threads. Ask him.
evilghost is offline   Reply With Quote