Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-29-07, 06:30 PM   #37
buffbiff21
*B4NNED*

Default Re: Want XP to look like Vista? Here's how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flukester
Warnings my ass, you trashed the thread smearing YOUR opinions. You can do that because you have associates here and your moderators have come so far as to make the same hints. Don't trash another ones site and make claims about idiots, when you yourself are one.
I love it when people transpose fact to opinion.

In a last attempt for your "argument," you deem our warnings as "opinion." Nice try, kid.

As evilghost will tell you, Windows is already insecure enough; it certainly does not need alteration/compromisation of its security updates and authenticity.
Old 07-03-07, 08:29 AM   #38
flukester
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffbiff21
I love it when people transpose fact to opinion.

In a last attempt for your "argument," you deem our warnings as "opinion." Nice try, kid.

As evilghost will tell you, Windows is already insecure enough; it certainly does not need alteration/compromisation of its security updates and authenticity.
Kid? Haha.. thanks. Thanks for making me feel young. I have been working in IT for +20 years for the first 7 years being a contractor because it allowed me to work in various fields. Starting out doing Corporate LAN installations/upgrades, designing and implementing LAN deployment topologies, coder(c++, cobol, db4, clipper, perl), working in Telecom for both Cisco and Nortel at the highest support level supporting Enterprise/Carrier/Wireless switches working on a Sun Solaris/HP Unix platforms. I work daily with Network/Element Management System platforms. Up an until a year ago I was certified with Microsoft (MCSE, out of my own pocket), Solaris(SCNA/SCSA) and HP Unix(CSE) as well as being certified IBM AIX 3 years ago. In my spare time I design webpages for gaming sites(most especially HL and UT) and I build systems and guarantee to all that my prices are the lowest you can get. I fully support for 'free' all systems I build(both inhouse and over the phone). So I take being called a kid, a compliment. Oh and as for University/College. I dropped out because I learned nothing that related to my work interests. I was lucky, the impact of no degree didn't impact my salary at any time. Why I blab about this, so that you can know that I'm no spring chicken, no fraud and I take pride in both helping and advising others.

As for the Transformation pack, anyone saying it contains malware is a moron. Literally as stated by the author and by it's community. There is no malware or anything. Sites will not endorse this VTP sometimes for the simple reason it changes your default homepage in your browser. Yes, lets shoot them because they made your browser go to their homepage. As far as the author and it's community is concerned, only idiots would try and label something so hugely popular with a longtime community behind it as malware. I have to say they have a pretty mature/decent community. Even though I posted peoples comments from here on their site, people did not gang up on me or flame me. Simply the author and his team replied.

Quote:
The pack is 100% free, no-one has given a shred of proof to support these 'malware' claims. It most certainly isn't Windows X's job, let alone mine, to run around clearing up other people's misconceptions. Don't get me wrong, we don't mind explaining these things to people like yourself, but those people who are saying the VTP7 is full of malware and that Windows X is a 'cheap hacker' . . . well, we definitely don't care about those people's misconceptions.
Yes, when something has to change how Windows XP looks it does require changing files. As some low-foreheads say you can use Windowblinds. But be aware Windowblinds does not change the OVERALL appearance of your Windows it's a 'theme' changer period.

Quote:
firstly, you are given the option of changing your homepage to Windows X's site; secondly, like any other system modification pack, it needs to hook into explorer and modify a few system files. The more 'heavy-handed' anti-virus programs like Norton and McAfee will probably identify it as malware for that reason, but keep in mind these programs also consider other security applications malware as well.

After doing testing of my own, which I have scanned with security programs, antivirus, spyware products etc. CLEAN. 100% clean. Genuine Authenticity passes as well. This is the best Transformation pack out. It does mimic Vista in appearance in literally every single possible way. I would go to the following link just to ensure you get it from the source.

http://www.jcxp.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=18388

Whatever you do don't listen to the morons stating otherwise. It's quite simply they have no clue what they are talking about. If they say their PC crashed etc using it. Well to me at least, that shows how good their PC skills are. I guess to use this Transformation pack you have to be a little beyond n00b level. I have it installed VTP on an ancient Windows XP here and my gaming rig. I use lots of Microsoft products and I use my PC for business on top of games with many intensive software packages.

Quote:
The reason why people keep downloading it is because 1) they like it, and 2) it DOESN'T CONTAIN MALWARE!! Read the reasons why a site like Softpedia doesn't give the pack a 100% clean rating - it's because of the homepage change being enabled by default.
I'm not going to shamelessly attack people etc. If you know what you are doing give it a try and I'm sure you will like it.

P.S. If you don't like it, any and ALL files replaced will be restored.

P.S.S. Please be sure to read details if you pick another mirror site. Mirrored sites CAN put adaware into the VTP, just like any other adware-free software. Softpedia for example put adware in a lot of offerings.

www.belchfire.net major source of themes for WindowsBlinds host the older Transformation pack. Download details found there.
Downloads: 42421
Views: 59737
Rating: 4/5

As from softpedia, read what other say. 9/10 people say it's awesome. Over 7 MILLION have downloaded it from softpedia alone.
http://www.softpedia.com/progViewOpi...13-9-425,.html

People can yip and yap about how it screws up their system, well based off the popularity and download counts I leave it to you to figure out why 'those' people would diss this transformation pack. If this pack was so bad, it's highly unlikely you would see such substantial download counts. I use it and it's F'ing awesome. Since my Vista wont work because of poor nVidia drivers, this is a very close compromise.

If you are looking for a lighter alternative, without need of Windowblinds, I have also used extensively and without problems the UXtheme multi-patcher. What this does is replaces a system file uxtheme.dll on your Windows box with one allowing you to use 3rd party themes/visual styles placed in your c:\windows\resources\themes folder. Microsoft has prevented you from using 3rd party themes/visual styles. You can use this on XP32/64 bit systems as well. http://www.softpedia.com//progDownlo...load-2369.html

Last edited by flukester; 07-05-07 at 12:19 PM.
flukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 11:05 AM   #39
CDE_1246

Send a message via AIM to CDE_1246

I'm Hungry.
CDE_1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 12:52 PM   #40
Logical

Quote:
Kid? Haha.. thanks. Thanks for making me feel young. I have been working in IT for +20 years for the first 7 years being a contractor because it allowed me to work in various fields. Starting out doing Corporate LAN installations/upgrades, designing and implementing LAN deployment topologies, coder(c++, cobol, db4, clipper, perl), working in Telecom for both Cisco and Nortel at the highest support level supporting Enterprise/Carrier/Wireless switches working on a Sun Solaris/HP Unix platforms. I work daily with Network/Element Management System platforms. Up an until a year ago I was certified with Microsoft (MCSE, out of my own pocket), Solaris(SCNA/SCSA) and HP Unix(CSE) as well as being certified IBM AIX 3 years ago. In my spare time I design webpages for gaming sites(most especially HL and UT) and I build systems and guarantee to all that my prices are the lowest you can get. I fully support for 'free' all systems I build(both inhouse and over the phone). So I take being called a kid, a compliment. Oh and as for University/College. I dropped out because I learned nothing that related to my work interests. I was lucky, the impact of no degree didn't impact my salary at any time. Why I blab about this, so that you can know that I'm no spring chicken, no fraud and I take pride in both helping and advising others.
Jeez flukester, you forgot to add in your little CV there, that you actualy worked on this windows xp modification pack.....or at least it seems that way. Why is it so important to you that people download this crap ?

IMHO if you want the Vista look then go and buy it
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 01:36 PM   #41
flukester
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixteH
Jeez flukester, you forgot to add in your little CV there, that you actualy worked on this windows xp modification pack.....or at least it seems that way. Why is it so important to you that people download this crap ?

Well I for one cannot run Vista, drivers are not good enough, BSOD, major HD thrashing. I have to wait for my chipset to be better supported. I own Vista, but who cares? But calling the VTP crap is pretty ignorant to me. It's far from crap. Download rates of the VTP clearly show your view is not a majority view in any stretch.

Vista to me, now and into the near future is pointless. Little is going to use DX10, there is nothing further gained from using Vista except to use the new GUI, thus why Transformation pack is nice or as I listed the uxtheme.dll replacement is nice because it's a visual step closer for people that would love to run Vista but can't for one reason or another.

Buying Vista is one thing TrixteH, having a computer to support it's features and furthermore having a computer where Vista actually runs without bluescreening is the majority reason. People have stable running XP systems with solid drivers and lots of stuff and they don't want to switch.

P.S. I listed my experience because
A) I'm not a kid, I'm probably older than most of you
B) I know what is CRAP and what isn't.
C) I don't give advice that will screw anyone and nor do I like to have people stating false stories that clearly with the proof I have contributed in this thread shows otherwise.
Old 07-05-07, 01:51 PM   #42
ViN86

Quote:
Why not talk in proper english and actually mean something?
hahaha this actually made me LOL.

fwiw, i installed it a little while back. no security issues (none that i could tell). i constantly monitor my internet activity and it was normal. i also have tools that monitor when certain programs access system files and nothing of the sort was going on. everything seemed normal. also, didnt try updates.

however, it does replace critical system files with its own modified ones. this is blatantly insecure. i successfully reverted back to the original themes (i was smart and backed everything up first, heh). furthermore...

this thing is indeed a memory and resource HOG. it ate up system resources and made my computer (relatively new) slugglish and slow to respond. imo, dont bother with it. if you absolutely must have the eye candy, knock yourself out. but to me, function over form.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 01:53 PM   #43
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixteH

QFT. I've tried that trans pack and didn't like it. I use windowblinds and I love it.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 02:06 PM   #44
flukester
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
fwiw, i installed it a little while back. no security issues (none that i could tell). i constantly monitor my internet activity and it was normal. i also have tools that monitor when certain programs access system files and nothing of the sort was going on. everything seemed normal. also, didnt try updates.....however, it does replace critical system files with its own modified ones. this is blatantly insecure. i successfully reverted back to the original themes (i was smart and backed everything up first, heh). furthermore...
Well that makes a lot of sense no security issues, constantly monitors his internet and programs yet it DOES replace CRITICAL system files so it's blatantly insecure. ViN86, your comments to me seem equate to someone smoking pot. Furthermore, go grab another dubie man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC
QFT. I've tried that trans pack and didn't like it. I use windowblinds and I love it.
Windowblinds alone is pointless when you can achieve the EXACT same results using a modified uxtheme.dll and Windows XP general interface that breaks nothing and also contributes no bloat. Windowblinds though is offered free in a limited way costs money as well. uxtheme multi-patcher totally mutes the need for Windowblinds.

Why some of you have to continually force your opinions over and over again is pretty sad. I'm glad that you don't like the Transformation pack, unfortunately for you you are a obvious minority because it 'is' well received.

It also goes to further prove your PC skills. My PC suffers no slowdowns and I play BF1942-2142 and various other big games with no noticeable slowdowns in anything. All I have is a lousy 7600. In all the comments I have read of VTP, nobody has mentioned slowdowns or anything.

Anyhow, I finished my posts and also alternatives to those looking for a change in the gui without having to go and pay for an OS that really isn't fully usable now.

Old 07-05-07, 03:01 PM   #45
Redeemed

Quote:
Well that makes a lot of sense no security issues, constantly monitors his internet and programs yet it DOES replace CRITICAL system files so it's blatantly insecure. ViN86, your comments to me seem equate to someone smoking pot. Furthermore, go grab another dubie man!

Windowblinds alone is pointless when you can achieve the EXACT same results using a modified uxtheme.dll and Windows XP general interface that breaks nothing and also contributes no bloat. Windowblinds though is offered free in a limited way costs money as well. uxtheme multi-patcher totally mutes the need for Windowblinds.

Why some of you have to continually force your opinions over and over again is pretty sad. I'm glad that you don't like the Transformation pack, unfortunately for you you are a obvious minority because it 'is' well received.

It also goes to further prove your PC skills. My PC suffers no slowdowns and I play BF1942-2142 and various other big games with no noticeable slowdowns in anything. All I have is a lousy 7600. In all the comments I have read of VTP, nobody has mentioned slowdowns or anything.

Anyhow, I finished my posts and also alternatives to those looking for a change in the gui without having to go and pay for an OS that really isn't fully usable now.
No, those of you whom prefer crap such as your trying to preach about here is in the minority. The majority go out and actually purchase Vista:

http://www.informationweek.com/news/...leID=198700108

20 million copies sold back in march. And again how huge is the supposed community for your little malware program for XP? Dwarfed compared to that 20 million figure perhaps? This program you are preaching about is not well recieved in comparison to Windows Vista- the real deal.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...unt_apple.html

From the very beginning Vista sales are far better than XPs. Keep on crying how Vista is crap... really- no body is litening though.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 03:47 PM   #46
evilghost

I'm listening, Vista is crap, but so is trying to make XP look like Vista.
evilghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 04:03 PM   #47
flukester
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
No, those of you whom prefer crap such as your trying to preach about here is in the minority. The majority go out and actually purchase Vista:

http://www.informationweek.com/news/...leID=198700108

20 million copies sold back in march. And again how huge is the supposed community for your little malware program for XP? Dwarfed compared to that 20 million figure perhaps? This program you are preaching about is not well recieved in comparison to Windows Vista- the real deal.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...unt_apple.html

From the very beginning Vista sales are far better than XPs. Keep on crying how Vista is crap... really- no body is litening though.
Wow you are probably THE most immature little prick I've ever had the misfortune of knowing. I never compared the selling of Vista to the Transformation pack your screwball..Talk about CLUED OUT. For one, I OWN Vista you dumbass! I never said Vista was a useless OS anyhow...I don't know wtf you are talking about comparing an application that makes XP look like Vista to an OS. Man, you need some serious help bud..lmfao..

I posted stats on downloads to show that it is not only a few that have tried the transformation pack but MILLIONS. As well, the Transformation pack is well received by those WHO DOWNLOADED IT, discounting the BS posted by yourself and countless other minions here that diss it's popularity and also spreading misinformation how it contains malware and F's up systems. I run it on an antiquated single core AMD 3500 processor and my current gaming system. In both places it works flawless.

again, Get Help. You need it FREAK.
Old 07-05-07, 04:28 PM   #48
Redeemed

Quote:
Wow you are probably THE most immature little prick I've ever had the misfortune of knowing. I never compared the selling of Vista to the Transformation pack your screwball..Talk about CLUED OUT. For one, I OWN Vista you dumbass! I never said Vista was a useless OS anyhow...I don't know wtf you are talking about comparing an application that makes XP look like Vista to an OS. Man, you need some serious help bud..lmfao..

I posted stats on downloads to show that it is not only a few that have tried the transformation pack but MILLIONS. As well, the Transformation pack is well received by those WHO DOWNLOADED IT, discounting the BS posted by yourself and countless other minions here that diss it's popularity and also spreading misinformation how it contains malware and F's up systems. I run it on an antiquated single core AMD 3500 processor and my current gaming system. In both places it works flawless.

again, Get Help. You need it FREAK.
Typically, people whom insult as frequently as you do are insecure in one way or another. Why do you feel you have to be so negative?

Instead of insulting, provide proof to back up your claims about Vista. It is a far more effective form of debating.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote