Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-05-07, 04:30 PM   #49
Riptide

Default Re: Want XP to look like Vista? Here's how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
Instead of insulting, provide proof to back up your claims about Vista. It is a far more effective form of debating.
Pshaw. Where would the fun be in that??

I keed I keed!
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 07:37 PM   #50
CDE_1246

Send a message via AIM to CDE_1246

"Vista to me, now and into the near future is pointless. Little is going to use DX10, there is nothing further gained from using Vista except to use the new GUI,"

First of all. Your telling me that no games are going to use Direct X 10? Every game from here on is gonna be DX10 probably. I'm sure people said the same thing about DX9.

BTW Redeemed, I like the wording of how you said that.

No offense flukester, I don't doubt your intelligence or anything but calm down and don't be so negative
It's only an operating system and a transformation pack were talking about here.

This has got to be on of the biggest flame wars in a long time. Over something so small. I remember a while back I put up a thread about the Vista Transformation Pack and nothing like this happened lol.
CDE_1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 08:57 PM   #51
flukester
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
Typically, people whom insult as frequently as you do are insecure in one way or another. Why do you feel you have to be so negative?

Instead of insulting, provide proof to back up your claims about Vista. It is a far more effective form of debating.
Get used to it Redeemed. Act like an ass to me, I'll easily and verbally return it. Respond like a mature person and so shall I. I'm sorry the education system failed for you. I haven't stated anything incorrect nor do I believe there is anything to prove.

CDE_1246, DX10 games may come but games will continue to be prominently DX9. I don't care about DX8 adoption rates. The majority of people today run Windows XP SP2 with DX9. That's what matters and it will continue to matter for at least another year or two.

Vista is not the only factor about going to Vista, it's hardware upgrades that cost a lot of money. Look at CS 1.6 for example, you can see just how many people continue to game with older PC's.

Sorry but DX10 and Vista is not a requirement for me. I can live without a few whistles and bells and still get great enjoyment playing games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDE_1246
This has got to be on of the biggest flame wars in a long time. Over something so small. I remember a while back I put up a thread about the Vista Transformation Pack and nothing like this happened lol.
Yeah, pretty sad actually. I guess some people have nothing better to do than abuse other people on a forum for no reason. Maybe if those people didn't have protective services on these forums things like this wouldn't happen. People could appreciate, not attack other peoples opinions(usually the same people). But I guess not. In terms of your quip about mentioning previously the VTP with greater success, I see no sense bringing another thread into this but you did.

The VTP was offered on a Tech site in the forums to people who at least have enough brains to use a forum. I didn't give anyone any malware nor did I ever think of such a thing. Right off the top of that thread I got attacked and nothing happened. False claims, one persons experience used as a means to label something horrible when in reality it wasn't. People need to serious Grow Some here and act their age. Perhaps in Redeemeds case, he is.
flukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 09:19 PM   #52
evilghost

pukester I'm a little curious to see what happens when security patches are rolled from Microsoft (especially this up-coming Tuesday) and the Frakenstein bastardization of Vista and XP causes a DLL conflict between DLL versions or the security patches fail to install as a result of version differences and checksum differences.

Not to mention, isn't ripping runtime libs from Vista and slapping them on XP illegal?
evilghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 09:22 PM   #53
CDE_1246

Send a message via AIM to CDE_1246

Alright, the Vista Transformation Pack is not spyware FTW. This thread was to spread some information.
CDE_1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 09:28 PM   #54
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by flukester
Vista is not the only factor about going to Vista, it's hardware upgrades that cost a lot of money. Look at CS 1.6 for example, you can see just how many people continue to game with older PC's.

Sorry but DX10 and Vista is not a requirement for me. I can live without a few whistles and bells and still get great enjoyment playing games.
Quote:
Wow you are probably THE most immature little prick I've ever had the misfortune of knowing. I never compared the selling of Vista to the Transformation pack your screwball..Talk about CLUED OUT. For one, I OWN Vista you dumbass! I never said Vista was a useless OS anyhow...I don't know wtf you are talking about comparing an application that makes XP look like Vista to an OS. Man, you need some serious help bud..lmfao..
system. In both places it works flawless..
Are you sure you have vista ? or maybe your theme pack so good you might have mistaken it for vista

Im sorry m8...but you being all clued up with I.T would know that vista has a tonne of features that XP doesn't.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 09:32 PM   #55
ViN86

Quote:
Well that makes a lot of sense no security issues, constantly monitors his internet and programs yet it DOES replace CRITICAL system files so it's blatantly insecure. ViN86, your comments to me seem equate to someone smoking pot. Furthermore, go grab another dubie man!
1. replacing files created by Microsoft with ones created by some dude in his basement is considered unsafe in ANY CIRCUMSTANCE

2. i tried it anyways (i dont really have any critical data, so i didnt care). i have programs (Zone Alarm) that monitor program access to system files and such and the new files didnt seem to be any sort of security threat.

3. youre a ****in troll.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 09:33 PM   #56
ViN86

this thread turned into a ****show haha
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-07, 01:39 AM   #57
Wolfhound
Moving to new home

Send a message via MSN to Wolfhound Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfhound

I think that patching a system with unknown dlls make by someone is WAY TOO insecure, In my work we still hadn´t patched our Microsoft servers (Win 2003) to SP2, because potentially instabilities and confilct with installed software, we are still testing on preproduction env. Using non official "patchs" or "hacks" to make XP look like Vista surely can broke your system, probably not today but when Microsoft releases some patch rollup, it surely will break... If you want Vista look, install Vista, it surely be more secure and less problematic.
Intel Quad Core Q6600 @ 3,4 | 4Gigs (2x2) OCZ Reaper PC-8500 | Gigabyte P35-DS3R | Western Digital 500G Caviar SE16 SATA2 NCQ | Seagate160 Gig 7200.9 SATA NCQ | Maxtor 300Gig SATA NCQ | Asus Geforce 260GTX | Samsung Syncmaster 930BF 19'' | BeQuiet Straight Power 700W | Cooler Master CM690 |Windows Vista x64 SP2 |Windows XP SP3 [Deceased PSU, no money for new one, stucked with laptop and XBOX 360]

Macbook Pro 13': 4gigs | Core2 Duo 2,53Mhz | 250Gigs HDD |geforce 9400M| aluminium unibody | Mac OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard |gentoo Linux 2.631 kernel

Wolfhound´s Brute: http://wolfhound77.mybrute.com
Wolfhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 02:01 AM   #58
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA

People please do behave
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 04:24 AM   #59
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUYA
People please do behave

Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 05:01 AM   #60
Bokishi
NV THIS

lol
EVGA GTX 680
X-Fi Titanium HD
Intel 40GB SSD (SRT Cache)
Hitachi 1TB Boot HDD
7TB Storage HDDs
Coolermaster 750w
Bokishi is offline   Reply With Quote