Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-06-07, 05:28 AM   #61
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA
Default Re: Want XP to look like Vista? Here's how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed

Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 06:12 AM   #62
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I can't believe Redeemed hasn't fapped once in this thread...
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 08:35 AM   #63
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by flukester
Windowblinds alone is pointless when you can achieve the EXACT same results using a modified uxtheme.dll and Windows XP general interface that breaks nothing and also contributes no bloat. Windowblinds though is offered free in a limited way costs money as well. uxtheme multi-patcher totally mutes the need for Windowblinds.
You really need to step away from the PC for a bit, chicken little. Your informercial preaching is getting a little annoying.

Quote:
I posted stats on downloads to show that it is not only a few that have tried the transformation pack but MILLIONS. As well, the Transformation pack is well received by those WHO DOWNLOADED IT, discounting the BS posted by yourself and countless other minions here that diss it's popularity and also spreading misinformation how it contains malware and F's up systems. I run it on an antiquated single core AMD 3500 processor and my current gaming system. In both places it works flawless.
Well, I'm one of the few () that did not like it. I've tried it and it was a terrible resource hog. You're trying to say that everyone that downloaded it and used it loved it, and that is just not the case.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 08:36 AM   #64
evilghost

evilghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 08:43 AM   #65
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC
You really need to step away from the PC for a bit, chicken little. Your informercial preaching is getting a little annoying.

Old 07-06-07, 10:02 AM   #66
flukester
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUYA
People please do behave
That's it? Hahahahahaha! Ya, they listen to you.

I'm not going to sit here and fight any longer on this. This post was a suggestion to those who have used previous Transformation packs have good experience with Windows and don't have any plans to move to Vista. It was not a debate on the legitimacy of the Transformation packs.

They made their views evident and they have all continued to force their opinions right or wrong. If these guys have violated MS copyrights then I expect MS to be down their throat. There is no such news about that anywhere including the forums where the pack comes from. We are 3 or 4 Transformation packs with no lawsuits. I've never heard anything of what they claim to be bad. DLL's replaced or hacked have little effect on security obviously or we would have heard about it and there are no known threats since presented that I know of since they Transformation pack was released. I am using it on 2 machines with no issue as well as 'my' gaming rig where I have noticed ZERO difference in performance on any game I play.

I think you should have way more control on your forums and not let people like this continually trash threads because their opinions do not coincide with others(post counts shouldn't matter in any way). I have been abused here, in an Open forum and moderation has been non-existent. People say they are tired of flames and yet moderators let them go on, typically same people involved.

I came here to simply view and participate in video driver threads and to get peoples opinions on them. I then braved posting in other forums and all I have been is attacked for no bloody reason other than the fact my opinions do not match others.

I've asked Redeemed to supply me exact with what he didn't buy in my posts. If he doesn't want to take the time(which he obviously has lots of) to supply that so I can clear up misconceptions then obviously his only purpose is to piss people off.
flukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 10:04 AM   #67
ViN86

Quote:
That's it? Hahahahahaha! Ya, they listen to you.

I'm not going to sit here and fight any longer on this. This post was a suggestion to those who have used previous Transformation packs have good experience with Windows and don't have any plans to move to Vista. It was not a debate on the legitimacy of the Transformation packs.

They made their views evident and they have all continued to force their opinions right or wrong. If these guys have violated MS copyrights then I expect MS to be down their throat. There is no such news about that anywhere including the forums where the pack comes from. We are 3 or 4 Transformation packs with no lawsuits. I've never heard anything of what they claim to be bad. DLL's replaced or hacked have little effect on security obviously or we would have heard about it and there are no known threats since presented that I know of since they Transformation pack was released. I am using it on 2 machines with no issue as well as 'my' gaming rig where I have noticed ZERO difference in performance on any game I play.

I think you should have way more control on your forums and not let people like this continually trash threads because their opinions do not coincide with others(post counts shouldn't matter in any way). I have been abused here, in an Open forum and moderation has been non-existent. People say they are tired of flames and yet moderators let them go on, typically same people involved.

I came here to simply view and participate in video driver threads and to get peoples opinions on them. I then braved posting in other forums and all I have been is attacked for no bloody reason other than the fact my opinions do not match others.

I've asked Redeemed to supply me exact with what he didn't buy in my posts. If he doesn't want to take the time(which he obviously has lots of) to supply that so I can clear up misconceptions then obviously his only purpose is to piss people off.
you still dont get it
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 10:09 AM   #68
flukester
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
you still dont get it
no, I don't "care". Get it through that thick skull bud. I stopped caring a page ago. I think "you don't get it". I don't personally care if you think modified DLL's are not safe. I can do my own security and I read information before I do anything. The transformation pack is safe regardless of what changes were made to DLL's. Considering 7+ million have already downlaoded it. If it were bad or contained bad stuff it would be known and made public and be all over the net. It isn't. So all you are is paranoid but I guess you still "don't get it".
flukester is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-07, 10:12 AM   #69
evilghost

I guess I'll have to install VTP and prove where the md5sums of the 'hacked' DLLs match those on the Vista system to prove that they're stolen.

In regard to security, the forums are saturated with lusers like you, who care little about security, or understand anything more about computing and security in general and care more about how "pretty" their XP looks.

VTP is a waste.
Old 07-06-07, 10:14 AM   #70
evilghost

Quote:
The transformation pack is safe regardless of what changes were made to DLL's.
You just proved you're an idiot. Here are your cookies.

Old 07-06-07, 10:16 AM   #71
ViN86

Quote:
no, I don't "care". Get it through that thick skull bud. I stopped caring a page ago. I think "you don't get it". I don't personally care if you think modified DLL's are not safe. I can do my own security and I read information before I do anything. The transformation pack is safe regardless of what changes were made to DLL's. Considering 7+ million have already downlaoded it. If it were bad or contained bad stuff it would be known and made public and be all over the net. It isn't. So all you are is paranoid but I guess you still "don't get it".
damn, you got me. you must have read this book:

Old 07-06-07, 10:18 AM   #72
ViN86

on a serious note, i dont have a problem with you fluke. if the pack works great for you, thats great. just for me, it slowed down my computer. to each his own