Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-06-07, 10:20 AM   #73
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Want XP to look like Vista? Here's how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flukester
no, I don't "care". Get it through that thick skull bud. I stopped caring a page ago.

if you don't care, why the hell do you still keep going on and on. This thread could have ended long time ago.
Old 07-06-07, 10:23 AM   #74
buffbiff21
*B4NNED*

Old 07-06-07, 10:47 AM   #75
flukester
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
if you don't care, why the hell do you still keep going on and on. This thread could have ended long time ago.
Because I rather support the VTP then let people trash it with dumbass reasons that you can't even substantiate. I don't know anything about security? Yeah ok, nearly 15 years with awards and commendations in both Unix and Windows platforms dealing "in security" and I don't know anything. Pfff. If there's security issues, please prove and show them, until then stfu. FFS, MS patches their OS and leaves security holes.. Who cares..

Thread could have ended a long time ago huh? Try taking a comparison of how many times I posted and you guys posted. Give it a rest fella. You and the rest sound like a broken record.
flukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 10:49 AM   #76
evilghost

Quote:
Because I rather support the VTP then let people trash it. I don't know anything about security? Yeah ok, nearly 15 years with awards and commendations in both Unix and Windows platforms dealing "in security" and I don't know anything. Pfff. If there's security issues, please prove and show them, until then stfu. FFS, MS patches their OS and leaves security holes.. Who cares..
The statements you've made and the stance you've taken clearly indicate you know little about security or you're so apathetic about it that it's nonexistent.

Evilchris has his MCSE but that doesn't mean he's useful for anything more than rebooting Exchange Servers.

evilghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 10:51 AM   #77
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilghost
Evilchris has his MCSE but that doesn't mean he's useful for anything more than rebooting Exchange Servers.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 11:21 AM   #78
Richteralan
The Enigma

Send a message via ICQ to Richteralan Send a message via MSN to Richteralan

Why fuss about download numbers?
Everyone can download and delete it if they are having problems with it?
Richteralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 11:32 AM   #79
flukester
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilghost
The statements you've made and the stance you've taken clearly indicate you know little about security or you're so apathetic about it that it's nonexistent.

K I challenge ANYONE in here to please find a security hole in XP with the Transformation Pack 7 installed. Apparently I don't know anything about security or I am apathetic about it. I challenge ALL those in this thread stating malware, security holes etc etc in/with installing the Transformation Pack 7 to please PROVE ME WRONG. If all you can do is sit there and continue to troll this thread with ZERO to back anything you state other than it's a hacked DLL.. Then you are clearly without a cause and just a troll.

I ran various security scans across my PC, antivirus(AVG) found nothing wrong, I have no extra connections or nothing I cannot substantiate as being not-normal. You claim because they are hacked Microsoft dll's that it's insecure. So then anything and everything released by MS is secure.. Please..Microsoft is known to release security patches that do nothing and/or create more holes and it's their own F'ing OS! now instead of continually trolling this thread PLEASE, prove me wrong and show security holes with Transformation pack 7. If you can't then I think it appropriate to say, STFU.

Don't tell me not to post in here when you are all trolling the thread and trashing anything and everything I said. Prove your claims or STFU.
Old 07-06-07, 11:33 AM   #80
flukester
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richteralan
Why fuss about download numbers?
Everyone can download and delete it if they are having problems with it?
Ya and everyone that does as you say typically also posts negativity just to make their opinion known, just like what we commonly see in this site. Except with less trolling.

Old 07-06-07, 11:49 AM   #81
evilghost

Quote:
K I challenge ANYONE in here to please find a security hole in XP with the Transformation Pack 7 installed. Apparently I don't know anything about security or I am apathetic about it. I challenge ALL those in this thread stating malware, security holes etc etc in/with installing the Transformation Pack 7 to please PROVE ME WRONG. If all you can do is sit there and continue to troll this thread with ZERO to back anything you state other than it's a hacked DLL.. Then you are clearly without a cause and just a troll.

I ran various security scans across my PC, antivirus(AVG) found nothing wrong, I have no extra connections or nothing I cannot substantiate as being not-normal. You claim because they are hacked Microsoft dll's that it's insecure. So then anything and everything released by MS is secure.. Please..Microsoft is known to release security patches that do nothing and/or create more holes and it's their own F'ing OS! now instead of continually trolling this thread PLEASE, prove me wrong and show security holes with Transformation pack 7. If you can't then I think it appropriate to say, STFU.

Don't tell me not to post in here when you are all trolling the thread and trashing anything and everything I said. Prove your claims or STFU.
I'll bite, do an md5sum on kernel32.dll or mpr.dll, and try to install MS07-035 please, from http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms07-035.mspx

I'd like to see if:

1) The update will run, as it applies to your system, which is XP, with the DLL mismatches as a result of VTP 7.0
2) The md5sum changes or the DLL changes on mpr.dll/kernel32.dll, resulting in the VTP being undone, and instability as a result of critical kernel functions being ripped from the system that other stolen Vista DLLs rely on.
3) Any system stability issues

I won't tell you where I work or what I do for a living, but I assure you it isn't touting how quickly I can type on a forum, or purporting to be a security expert while marketing VTP with it's security concerns.

What's the file version on your imagehlp.dll, I'd love to be able to point out that you've introduced a Vista information disclosure vulnerability on your XP machine.
evilghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 01:05 PM   #82
ViN86

this is why i dont piss ghost off. forum nubs, take notes.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 01:07 PM   #83
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
this is why i dont piss ghost off. forum nubs, take notes.
/agree

He's forgotten more than I know.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 03:02 PM   #84
Wolfhound
Moving to new home

Send a message via MSN to Wolfhound Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfhound

Quote:
That's it? Hahahahahaha! Ya, they listen to you.

I've never heard anything of what they claim to be bad. DLL's replaced or hacked have little effect on security obviously or we would have heard about it and there are no known threats since presented that I know of since they Transformation pack was released.
Surely... no effect, NON OFFICIAL microsoft releases have no impact on performance and security, the new phrase for Windows Sysadmins, tomorrow we will have some laughs about the Vista transformation Pack at work.
Intel Quad Core Q6600 @ 3,4 | 4Gigs (2x2) OCZ Reaper PC-8500 | Gigabyte P35-DS3R | Western Digital 500G Caviar SE16 SATA2 NCQ | Seagate160 Gig 7200.9 SATA NCQ | Maxtor 300Gig SATA NCQ | Asus Geforce 260GTX | Samsung Syncmaster 930BF 19'' | BeQuiet Straight Power 700W | Cooler Master CM690 |Windows Vista x64 SP2 |Windows XP SP3 [Deceased PSU, no money for new one, stucked with laptop and XBOX 360]

Macbook Pro 13': 4gigs | Core2 Duo 2,53Mhz | 250Gigs HDD |geforce 9400M| aluminium unibody | Mac OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard |gentoo Linux 2.631 kernel

Wolfhound´s Brute: http://wolfhound77.mybrute.com
Wolfhound is offline   Reply With Quote