Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-30-07, 04:24 PM   #13
Redeemed

Default Re: Thinking of selling some speakers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
O....K. LOL.

For the center speaker, which I assume has one output from the amp, and two inputs to the speaker. The simple thing to do is run the + from the amp to one of the + on the speaker, run the - from the amp to the - on the other terminal, then run a single wire between the + of of the one terminal to the - of the other terminal. That is series wiring which will make the amp see it as a single speaker with an 8 ohm load. Much like this:

Okay, I just tried that- but now only the left speakers in my center box is outputting sound. The right woofer and tweeter isn't outputting anything. Is that what is supposed to happen? Is the one woofer and tweeter now safely running at 8 ohms, at the sacrifice of not having the other woofer and tweeter outputting sound? Or no? For now I just wired it as I had it before so both sides of the box is outputting audio. Thanks again for your help bud.

-Edit

Sorry, I interpretted that picture wrong. It's working now. Thanks again.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-07, 04:20 AM   #14
Redeemed

So... does $50 sound reasonable for the pair? Might I be able to get $75? I'm thinking $75 would be pushing it though. Any thoughts or insight on this?

Thanks.
Old 07-02-07, 03:32 PM   #15
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBeavis
Redeemed, off topic . . .but dude, you have hardwood floors . . .they would look so beautiful if you refinished them dude!!!! Our last house had floors that looked just like yours. . . .had em done and they looked like new.

I know- the only reason I haven't done that is cause I'm so rough on the floor in here it'd be a waste. It'd get all scratched up again in no time.

But... it is in the plans for the future of this house though. Either that, or put carpet over 'em.