Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-08-07, 09:23 PM   #1
Dvahlish

Default Whats with the eliteness I see in wow these days?

Has it gotten worse?
Has it always been so bad?

You all the know the people Im talking about right?
The players who think, that just because they have a level 70 charcter all of a suden are god almighty and are 6ft tall and bulletproof (well online anyway)

They belittle people that ask a totally well founded question in general chat and call anyone that they dont deem to be as elite as they are "noobs"
(God I hate that word)

Do they realise that they are only at a higher level because they have had more play time than the levels below them...and that eventually, everyone will get there if they want to.

I have seen some awesome lower level players and some totally craptastic level 70's.

Nobody is more 'elite" than anyone else..
Its just a game!

So...please treat your fellow players with the respect they deserve and help them out when you can.
Old 11-08-07, 09:24 PM   #2
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Whats with the eliteness I see in wow these days?

I <3 all WOWers even though I've never touched the game myself.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 06:51 PM   #3
Son Goku

There's a lot of annoyances on all sides. One is these types you mention. Get on alt, and all of a sudden some figure you have no right to even be there. Go to do a lvl 18 quest and kill some mobs, and they run around with a lvl 35, DoTing up all the mobs, and make it impossible to kill anything. Say something and it's like "so what, I can kill (mobs that are gray to them), better then you so deal with it nub". After I got one of those, I got my lvl 70 hunter, killed a few around them, and when they complained reminded them of my other character with a "this is how it feels".

You can get the same as things move upward also. I've seen some lvl 60+s that did things like get into a UBRS raid, and decide to need roll every BoP. Then when the guild master said something, the person was like "how else am I supposed to make money, unless I can DE and auction all drops". This person got angry when the co-GM needed (and won) an item which was an actual gear upgrade for her, which was equiped straight away; then hearthed out of instance. He also acted rather eliteist around anyone who's char on that realm was lower lvl then his, on grounds "I can run scholo and strat now". Unbeknownst to him, for some, it was an alt char/realm, and some of them have done some "end game". In the end, it's not worth getting into it with them; it'd just be too much drama.

However, there is one thing, when it does come to latter game stuff; a lot of it simply can not be soloed. If some go around treating all others like that, they might eventually find that others simply will not want to have anything to do with them. In that regard, finding groups/raid groups/guilds willing to put up with it, might be difficult for them. But again, no one is obligated to allow themself to be treated like dirt, because someone might feel it's their right. Same occurs in real life also. The bitter old man who barks and snaps at everyone around them, might eventually find themself alone in the world.

However, equally annoying are also the beggers, who stand around town demanding money, demanding instance runs, and demanding rushes on everything. It isn't even the high lvls who get it anymore, as I've even been on a lvl 20 alt before, and had some lvl 2 insist I give them 5 gold "for my skills". Mind you, without mailing money to one's self, 5 g can be close to what that lvl 20 might have in total, especially if they just bought all their lvl 20 skills.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 07:21 PM   #4
Tea on Tuesday
stop, drop and ROFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish
Has it gotten worse?

The players who think, that just because they have a level 70 charcter all of a suden are god almighty and are 6ft tall and bulletproof (well online anyway)

They belittle people that ask a totally well founded question in general chat and call anyone that they dont deem to be as elite as they are "noobs"
(God I hate that word)

Do they realise that they are only at a higher level because they have had more play time than the levels below them...and that eventually, everyone will get there if they want to.

I have seen some awesome lower level players and some totally craptastic level 70's.

Its just a game!

So...please treat your fellow players with the respect they deserve and help them out when you can.
Been this way since the beginning of MMOs. This is nothing new.
Tea on Tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 09:09 PM   #5
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea on Tuesday
Been this way since the beginning of MMOs. This is nothing new.
True, but it's gotten progressively worse over the years. As more mainstream players join these games, the attitudes get worse and worse.

Once upon a time the jerks used to be the exception, but these days they seem to be the rule.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-07, 12:41 AM   #6
Lazaredz
Giggitty

Come to LOTRO ..... where us old farts hang out!!

Mobil: Sager 9261, Q6600, Unknown P965 MB, 4GB (2x2) PC2 6400, 7950 Go, Azalia Sound System, Hitachi 100GB 7200 RPM, Optiarc 8X DVD RW +/-, BIG ARSE BRICK PSU!!!!
Lazaredz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-07, 10:45 AM   #7
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish
Has it gotten worse?

(God I hate that word)

Its just a game!

I've got 70s. It doesn't take skill.

Any monkey can slug through the levels and be dead weight on a 5 man simple because he'll occasionally right click on a mob, and with enough time, he'll make 70. Most of those typed are younger kids who either don't work or are to young. So, blame their parents for that I guess. Most of these "elite doods" end up ganking in Hillsbrad where they can safely kill other players 40 to 50 levels below them.

Just put the assholes on ignore, 70's are a dime a dozen on servers now.
Old 11-11-07, 11:34 AM   #8
Tr1cK
not coming back

WoW is dying off, slowly. Thank god. I have finally quit playing it myself. Only the truly hardcore or total noobs will remain for the next expansion. The game is the same old rotten grind for the past 3 years and tons have moved on.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-07, 04:39 PM   #9
Dvahlish

I dont think wow is dying out to be honest, there are always fresh wavers of new kids coming through the ranks.

I love the game, i play with friends and we have a great time!
I dont think Ill still be playing it a year from now though.
Old 11-11-07, 04:43 PM   #10
Dvahlish

Yeh...hehe
I do agree although I know there are some people out there that put thier heart and soul into it and really do play thier characters extremely well....but, it is a game.
I just think some people seemt o loose sight of this fact.
Old 11-11-07, 04:45 PM   #11
Dvahlish

haha @ Hillsbrad
Or...nessy
Old 11-13-07, 04:33 AM   #12
Son Goku

For ally, it seems to be x-roads, and for horde Goldshire and Westfalls

There weren't so many I saw who would do something like raid Thunderbluff, as several from my then guild did. But the real truth was when x-realm BGs first came out, and on a newer realm where the gates of AQ were just opened, nad few were there; facing tier 3 horde on old realms was, umm, well... They wouldn't even fight us seriously. Doing things like dropping the flag in WSG to do nothing but laugh and /spit on us, when all they could have seen at that point was our gear, was the size of it. It took 15 of us in a pre-made, all coordinating on vent to take one of these people down. Our gear ranged from mere greens, to dungeon set 1 at best. We had to bust tail like it was the most difficult raid boss to take one down.

At that, they stopped laughing, and just ganked the living hell outa us the rest of the time; but it was obvious they weren't even trying to fight for real.

Anyhow, several had enough, so decided to world PvP, and take it out on the horde on our realm. It ended with global (paly) stun locking them, Bain (priest) mind controlling them off the cliff, and me at bottom sometimes 1 hitting them on the off chance they sometimes survived. We musta got that 60 tauren druid like 15 times in a row, and the warrior 12 We did it for 3.5 hours until a raid to take us down was organized, and felt a hell of a lot better about the then brand new cross realm BGs.

But speaking of lvl 70s, look at the alliance of late in AV. They used to win it. Then when AFKers got dumped, the horde coudln't AFK. So now the horde wins all the time. More then a few games people stand around saying "we'll lose anyhow so why try", or we'll stand at "the o" at the end, and no one will pull as people debate whether we can win. Some won't tank, and the healers get popped off one by one. Then again, some fugure the DPS can just hold the mobs.

My hunter used to be BM, but is now a raiding spec, as I'm running kara and Gruul's. Fat chance of my pet holding one of those bosses in the various towers and lasting more then a coupel secs. On the other hand, when the BG ends, I'm typicially over 100,000 (more liek 135-140k) damage, not that high a percentage at that damage or higher. Having the xbow from Attumen the Huntsman among some other epics helps though...
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote