Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-11-07, 10:48 PM   #1
Dvahlish

Default WOW- I lost my pet bar!

I have a question....

Warlocks/ Hunters
Do you ever lose your pet action bar completely and it wont come back until you dismiss and resummon your pet again?

I mainly find this happens if I am on my mount and get knocked off for any reason...normally an attack (whoch is when I "really" need my pet the most)

Its annoying and wondered whether it was just me?
Old 11-12-07, 01:13 PM   #2
Elvin Presler

Default Re: WOW- I lost my pet bar!

It happens whenever your pet gets summoned while you're in combat. Old bug. One of a million in this crappy game.

To fix it, make a /console reloadui macro and hit it when it happens.
Elvin Presler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 01:54 PM   #3
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Get a good action bar addon, the default UI has some problems. I prefer Bongos but Bartender is pretty good too.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 03:34 PM   #4
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin Presler
It happens whenever your pet gets summoned while you're in combat. Old bug. One of a million in this crappy game.

To fix it, make a /console reloadui macro and hit it when it happens.
Aha!
Thanks Ill it a go
Old 11-13-07, 01:58 AM   #5
Medion

As Ninjaman stated, get a good action bar addon, and you will not have this issue anymore. Search for Bongos2 or Bartender3. They're both excellent addons.

Bongos2 - The more complete addon, it has more features than Bartender, and the keybindings mode is friggin awesome. However, a lot of updates reset your profiles, and that's one thing I hate about Bongos.

Bartender3 - Easier to setup for a novice, more frequent updates, but the rep bar is buggy. Disable the rep/XP bars and get a seperate addon.

I prefer Bartender now after being a longtime Bongos user. I just have to use XPBarNone to replace the rep/XP bar, and I prefer Squeenix for the minimap anyway, so I don't need the Bongos version. While I do miss the Bongos keybindings, I don't miss having to reconfigure my UI after every update.
Medion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-07, 04:09 AM   #6
Son Goku

It is a very old bug, and as annoying as hell. I never had this problem in patch 1.x. The bug I did have then was no pet bar showing up if taming a new pet for first time. That occured from when I first played a hunter, and had no addons.

Ever since 2.0, the bug you mention comes up, it's constant and irritating. Dismount or get dismounted, and bam. Umm, hey Blizzard, not everyone keeps their pet on defensive, and under certain circumstances one should not. Realoading the UI fixes it, but if your in combat, that's suicide. Best one can do in outland at least, is feign, have the pet take hits, then hop on flying mount, get off ground. Fighting mobs without the pet is a big no, unless they're low enough lvl by comparison.

The one that really got me, was when I had to take control of certain mobs to destroy warp gates in netherstorm. Dismiss pet, go to take control, then the old, even 1.x bug I mentioned comes into play. Reload UI, and my temp "pet" is killing me when I come back. Finally had to party, and get someone else to control the mob for me. As to Chess in kara, dito, the very idea bothered me, as I didn't know I'd get a bar for the chess peice.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote