Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

View Poll Results: have you ever bought wow gold?
yes, i dont see a problem with it 14 33.33%
NO! 24 57.14%
i havent yet but i have been tempted 4 9.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-07, 06:49 PM   #25
nVJoe

Default Re: have you ever bought wow gold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glObalist
Alright, care to prove how Blizzard is making these behind-the-scenes moves with goldfarming companies? Or are you just making this up in your "confused" head to try and justify what you did?
Go google the history of gold farming firms. I was blown away. It is a huge racket. In fact one of the big firms was co-started by a famous child actor. I forgot his name but the whole thing is quite impressive.

Thottbot, Alakazam and many other popular sites are ALL owned by gold farming firms.

I have never justified buying gold. I do get a kick out of you making it this unforgivable sin. LOL Give me a break.

Again, have you ever downloaded a song of the internet with out paying for it? Have you ever used cracked software or a serial game?
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-07, 01:17 AM   #26
glObalist
working as intended

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Go google the history of gold farming firms. I was blown away. It is a huge racket. In fact one of the big firms was co-started by a famous child actor. I forgot his name but the whole thing is quite impressive.

Thottbot, Alakazam and many other popular sites are ALL owned by gold farming firms.

I have never justified buying gold. I do get a kick out of you making it this unforgivable sin. LOL Give me a break.

Again, have you ever downloaded a song of the internet with out paying for it? Have you ever used cracked software or a serial game?
What? Not a single proof or link to back up your claims of Blizzard pacting with the MMO goldselling companies? Well that's what I though.

I'm done here unless you can prove what you're saying. Bye.
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-07, 01:27 AM   #27
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Scary thing is, Allakhazam and Thottbot are both owned by IGE, which is the company that started the gold farming back in the UO/EQ days. A web report was made (yes, i'm still searching for the link so you can have your "proof") and it uncovered that a few Blizzard Exec's actually own stock in IGE. Basically it's all one big circle.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-07, 02:50 AM   #28
nVJoe

Quote:
What? Not a single proof or link to back up your claims of Blizzard pacting with the MMO goldselling companies? Well that's what I though.

I'm done here unless you can prove what you're saying. Bye.
Oh gawd, stop your crying. You are worse than any woman I have meet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IGE

The whole industry of MMO developers and firms like IGE have a relationship. Companies like Sony and Blizzard did not want to allow these firms to do this but companies like IGE started building capital and that as you know is power. So they basically forced companies like Sony and Blizzard to basically put up with a certain amount of activity that breaks the EULA. If you knew anything about business, you would know that they are strong arming companies like Blizzard and SOE. And as this article shows, they are snatching up employees from those companies that make MMOs. This whole business is huge.
http://wow.azzor.com/445/truth_about_IGE.php
http://web.archive.org/web/200502050...EInterview.php
http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9733747-7.html?tag=bl
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brock_Pierce

I will point you in the right direction. Go do some research for your self and stop being a wuss and stop being a smart ass punk who doesn't know what he is talking about.

I swear, some people's children...
Old 07-11-07, 03:13 AM   #29
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

Send a message via ICQ to nVidi0t

I bought 500g once to cover some enchants at level 60 while I was raiding BWL.
System: Intel Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz (450*8) @ 1.475v | Koolance Exos 2 Water Cooler | 4096Mb Mushkin ASCENT 8500 @ 2.1v @ 1160Mhz| Asus P5k Deluxe P35 'bearlake' 804bios | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 850W| BFG 8800GT OC2 675Mhz | 150GB WD Raptor X | Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA | Lian Li V2000 PC2 Case | Pioneer DL Burner | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI FATAL1TY FPS | Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD | Windows Vista Ultimate | Sennheiser HD-590 Prestige/Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones w/ Emmeline Hornet Amp | Razer Deathadder | Razer tarantula Keyboard |
nVidi0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-07, 03:13 AM   #30
glObalist
working as intended

Quote:
Oh gawd, stop your crying. You are worse than any woman I have meet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IGE

This is just one article. The whole industry of MMO developers and firms like IGE have a relationship. Companies like Sony and Blizzard did not want to allow these firms to do this but companies like IGE started building capital and that speaks to them. So they basically forced companies like Sony and Blizzard to basically put up with a certain amount of activity that breaks the EULA. If you knew anything about business, you would know that they are strong arming companies like Blizzard and SOE. And as this article shows, they are snatching up employees from those companies that make MMOs. This whole business is huge.
http://wow.azzor.com/445/truth_about_IGE.php
http://web.archive.org/web/200502050...EInterview.php

I will point you in the right direction. Go do some research for your self and stop being a wuss and stop being a smart ass punk who doesn't know what he is talking about.

I swear, some people's children...
I'm sorry but those two links you've posted prove nothing. They only mention Blizzard in one case:

"Not only did this [buying thottbott.com] give IGE the most trafficked MMO site on the internet, it also gave it a lot of leverage against Blizzard."

O RLY? What about stating some facts?
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
Old 07-11-07, 11:35 AM   #31
nVJoe

Quote:
I'm sorry but those two links you've posted prove nothing. They only mention Blizzard in one case:

"Not only did this [buying thottbott.com] give IGE the most trafficked MMO site on the internet, it also gave it a lot of leverage against Blizzard."

O RLY? What about stating some facts?
Honestly, you are a small person glObal. There are many more articles on this and you didn't even look quotes like this.
Quote:
IGE continues picking up executives from Yahoo! and Vivendi Universal (owners of Blizzard) (press page)
Quote:
To be sure, the execs at Blizzard and Sony Online are not feeling too sympathetic for Pierce and his fellow secondary market traffickers. But there is a mutual interest for them as they both look at the Chinese competition becoming more and more powerful.
Just those two quotes alone go directly to the point I have been making (which you are to dense to understand) that the strong arming and the mutual intrest in making money is what is pushing this whole market. Go and Google for your self. There are forums after forums that talk about this market and it is something you obviously know nothing about.

Why do idiots like you eve bother posting? You are to lazy to investigate, too stupid to read and to ignorant to understand what you are reading. It is dumb azzes like you, why forums suck, especially any forum that has anything to do with gaming.

Rarely flame people in this forum. There two things that set me off, anti-American crap in the PF, you get flamed from me for that sheer lazy stupidity. You sit on your ass crying about this and that yet you make no attempt to research. I just can't stand kids like you.

http://www.ski-epic.com/world_of_war...ntroversy.html
http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/12-20-2005-84463.asp

I noticed you still haven't answered my question if you have ever downloaded music with out paying, DLd' serialz, warez, crackz ect...
Old 07-11-07, 12:02 PM   #32
Tr1cK
not coming back

I've done it and I'm not ashamed one bit. Unlike the anti gold farming advocates, I have a career and a life which includes a wife and family. Work and chores need to be done in real life. Working in a game that's supposed to be fun isn't on top of my priorities.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-07, 02:16 PM   #33
glObalist
working as intended

Quote:
Honestly, you are a small person glObal. There are many more articles on this and you didn't even look quotes like this.

Just those two quotes alone go directly to the point I have been making (which you are to dense to understand) that the strong arming and the mutual intrest in making money is what is pushing this whole market. Go and Google for your self. There are forums after forums that talk about this market and it is something you obviously know nothing about.

Why do idiots like you eve bother posting? You are to lazy to investigate, too stupid to read and to ignorant to understand what you are reading. It is dumb azzes like you, why forums suck, especially any forum that has anything to do with gaming.

Rarely flame people in this forum. There two things that set me off, anti-American crap in the PF, you get flamed from me for that sheer lazy stupidity. You sit on your ass crying about this and that yet you make no attempt to research. I just can't stand kids like you.

http://www.ski-epic.com/world_of_war...ntroversy.html
http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/12-20-2005-84463.asp

I noticed you still haven't answered my question if you have ever downloaded music with out paying, DLd' serialz, warez, crackz ect...
Yea whatever, so Blizzard isn't going out of their way and devote all their resources to ban goldselling. Maybe they have more important things to make and fix? Still doesn't mean they are condoning of it. It's just dumbasses (yes it's you who started with the insults) like you who spread the FUD and even buy the gold. Get some fricken' morals. Nuff said.

And don't try to drag warez into this. It's you who came to this thread boasting of your EULA-breaking activity.
Quote:
Old 07-11-07, 02:38 PM   #34
nVJoe

Quote:
Yea whatever, so Blizzard isn't going out of their way and devote all their resources to ban goldselling. Maybe they have more important things to make and fix? Still doesn't mean they are condoning of it. It's just dumbasses (yes it's you who started with the insults) like you who spread the FUD and even buy the gold. Get some fricken' morals. Nuff said.

And don't try to drag warez into this. It's you who came to this thread boasting of your EULA-breaking activity.
LOL you don't want to look at what you do. I fully admit I am breaking the EULA. Yet you get mad at me for doing that while you do all sorts of out right ILLEGAL downloading. LOL! you Hypocrite! LOL You're so pathetic. Don't talk morals to me. LOL! You point your crooked little finger at me while doing the same in a different area

Let me tell you again what my point is. Blizzard, SOE and all the other companies who put out MMOs do not want gold farming in their games and I don't blame them. The problem is the gold farming firms are STRONG ARMING them and forcing Blizzard and other into accepting a certain amount. It is against what they want to do but they understand this is not a fight that can be completely won so they do what they can. That was all that I was trying to say.

I tell you what. I think I will buy 50 gold this evening in your name. BAHAHAHAAHAH!

/slaps GlObal on the arss.

I'm done with this. I made my point and enjoyed you backing down but still trying to be tough while you put your tail between your legs. LOL

Thanks for the laugh.
Old 07-11-07, 03:02 PM   #35
glObalist
working as intended

Quote:
LOL you don't want to look at what you do. I fully admit I am breaking the EULA. Yet you get mad at me for doing that while you do all sorts of out right ILLEGAL downloading. LOL! you Hypocrite! LOL You're so pathetic. Don't talk morals to me. LOL! You point your crooked little finger at me while doing the same in a different area

Let me tell you again what my point is. Blizzard, SOE and all the other companies who put out MMOs do not want gold farming in their games and I don't blame them. The problem is the gold farming firms are STRONG ARMING them and forcing Blizzard and other into accepting a certain amount. It is against what they want to do but they understand this is not a fight that can be completely won so they do what they can. That was all that I was trying to say.

I tell you what. I think I will buy 50 gold this evening in your name. BAHAHAHAAHAH!

/slaps GlObal on the arss.

I'm done with this. I made my point and enjoyed you backing down but still trying to be tough while you put your tail between your legs. LOL

Thanks for the laugh.
WTF? Why are you putting in bold something I never said? I never said I download warez or illegal stuff, in fact the only game I play is WoW and the only music I'm listening to is from the local radio station.

Now back to MY point. What I find quite pathetic is you and a couple of others THINK Blizz is bowing down to the gold-selling industry and therefore feel comfortable to buy wow gold, yet you can't prove it. Yes claims like ZOMG theRE STONGARMING BLIZZ and BLIZZ CANT BAN goldselllerz LOL don't pass as proof in my book.

I thought your morals was better, that's all.

P.S. OMG, this feels like arguing with Udawg...
Quote:
Old 07-11-07, 03:15 PM   #36
nVJoe

LOL!