Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-19-07, 10:48 PM   #13
veesah

Default Re: X fails to restart after suspend (RmInitAdapter failed!)

I have a HP TX1110 , same problem. alt-ctrl-backspace causes X to not restart anymore.

With the NVreg_SaveVBios=1, it seems to handle alt-ctrl-backspace fine...

However, if I come out of a hibernate, it runs on A/C adapter fine but the moment I unplug power all i see is horizontal lines!!
veesah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-07, 01:15 AM   #14
f1f0
Linux User

I'm using the latest nVidia driver, the problem is somewhat solved: the console stayed normal after multiple S2R from X without any additional parameters, but if I close X and start it again, the console stayed blank, albeit functional.

Using the old driver I had the same problem as the others (console messed up after a S2R/S2D), as stated in my previous posts. Let me know if there's any information missing, thanks.
f1f0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-07, 06:10 AM   #15
apekool404

The 100.14.19 driver no longer supports NVreg_SaveVBios...

The previous release worked reasonably for me, using "options nvidia NVreg_SaveVBios=1 NVreg_UseVBios=1 NVreg_VbiosFromROM=1": suspend/resume worked, the text display was restored properly and restarting X worked as well.

With 100.14.19 I had to drop NVreg_SaveVBios and now restarting X after suspend/resume no longer works (dark screen, no reactions to keyboard, etc).

Will try without any module options to see if that makes a difference.
apekool404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-07, 04:56 AM   #16
Dragoran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zander
I filed a bug on this internally that's being investigated. I can't promise that a fix will make it into the next driver release, though.
Sorry for the late response had to solve other, nvidia unrelated, suspend issues first.
Current status with 100.14.23:
It has improved a lot, I can restart X after suspend without problems. But there is still one issue with it: After the second suspend the vt consoles are corrupted and X just shows a white screen when running compiz, but X is not dead I can restart it. When using metacity the screen is not white but the problem with the vt consoles persists.
Dragoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 11:39 PM   #17
Tunix

The error still remains on my machine. Restarting X after a wake up leads to a black screen and the system does not respond to any key strokes any more. Although the system still shows some hard disk activity, it is not possible to log in via ssh.

Hardware:
Dell Latitude D620, Core 2 Duo T7200, P945 chipset, 2GB RAM, nVidia Quadro NVS110M

Software:
Ubuntu 7.10 AMD64, Ubuntu kernel 2.6.22-14-generic with restricted modules, vanilla nVidia 100.14.23 driver

The machine has the latest BIOS installed. The vbetools aren't used during suspends. I get the same results on a 32 bit system.
Tunix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 02:38 AM   #18
Tunix

Update: Version 169.04 also crashes as soon as the X server is restarted after a wake up. Additionally, the kernel panics (blank screen, blinking scroll lock and caps lock).
Old 11-17-07, 03:19 AM   #19
Tunix

Sorry for the triple posting, but I noticed that my previously attached "post mortem" logs which I retrieved via atd were actually created after the reboot (misleading timestamps, sorry). So I removed those logs to avoid any confusion.

I've reattached the reports which I've made before the suspends. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report_100.14.23.log (127.7 KB, 99 views)
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report_169.04.log (138.9 KB, 96 views)