Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-05-07, 02:35 PM   #1
flukester
*BANNED*

Default Vista and Good reasons why it's just not needed. Yet.

I just caught this at Anand... http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3029

Quote:
But DirectX 10 isn't an instant pass to huge performance and incredible effects.

Let's look at it like this: there are really three ways a game can come to support DirectX 10, and almost all games over the next few years will ship with a DX9 path as well.
Quote:
Games which could absolutely only be done in DX10 won't hit for quite a while for a number of reasons. The majority of users will still be on DX9 platforms. It is logical to spend the most effort developing for the user base that will actually be paying for the games. Developers are certainly interested in taking advantage of DX10, but all games for the next couple of years will definitely have a DX9 path. It doesn't make sense to rewrite everything from the ground up if you don't have to.
Quote:
In conversations with developers we've had thus far, we get the impression that straight ports of DX9 to DX10 won't be the norm either. After all, why would a developer want to spend extra time and effort developing, testing and debugging multiple code paths that do exactly the same thing? This fact, combined with the lack of performance in key DX10 features on current hardware, means it's very likely that the majority of DX10 titles coming out in the near term will only be slightly enhanced versions of what could have been done through DX9.
Very key statements. Vista as far as I'm concerned, is pointless. Don't be pressured by people to move to Vista.. really, other than a new GUI there is little to be achieved and all it will do is push you to upgrade your hardware for no reason. By time games truly take advantage of DX10, Microsoft has already claimed they will have a new OS in 2009. Again, why bother?
flukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 02:40 PM   #2
Redeemed

Default Re: Vista and Good reasons why it's just not needed. Yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flukester
I just caught this at Anand... http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3029

Very key statements. Vista as far as I'm concerned, is pointless. Don't be pressured by people to move to Vista.. really, other than a new GUI there is little to be achieved and all it will do is push you to upgrade your hardware for no reason. By time games truly take advantage of DX10, Microsoft has already claimed they will have a new OS in 2009. Again, why bother?

Wow. You really are a tool.

How about the improved security features in Vista? How about the greater control over user accounts? How about the better management of system resources? How about the native support for more than two cores (or processors)?

I'll continue listing reasons, and can validate everything I claim. I've done it before- if I recall correctly it was for you as well- yet you ignored it. Typical.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 02:43 PM   #3
PeterJensen

drop dead....plz
Old 07-05-07, 02:47 PM   #4
SwedX
*BANNED*

The same moron who knows how well Crysis will sell and the bad network code bla bla..kevplas brother ?
SwedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 02:52 PM   #5
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedX
The same moron who knows how well Crysis will sell and the bad network code bla bla..kevplas brother ?
I'm starting to think so. Or maybe his cousin.
Old 07-05-07, 02:54 PM   #6
DRen72
Eastern Pipistrelle

Storage: Corsair Force Series GT 265GB SSD / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB / Two Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB drives
Optical Storage: Pioneer BDR-206DBKS
Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi / Logitech Z-5500
Other: Antec P183 Case / Corsair AX-1200 Power Supply / Logitech G5 (v2.0) / Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
Console: XBox 360 Elite
DRen72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 02:55 PM   #7
flukester
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
Wow. You really are a tool.

How about the improved security features in Vista? How about the greater control over user accounts? How about the better management of system resources? How about the native support for more than two cores (or processors)?
Better than being an idiot and spreading misinformation huh? Improved security.. Pfff. Whatever. You are the tool, a very misinformed Tool.

Both links will get any dual core Intel or AMD cpu FULLY supported on XP as well, AMD offers a Dual Core optimizer. Where the F have you been bud?
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=60416
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...1_9706,00.html

Better control over user accounts. Wow, there's a necessity to move to Vista. Yes, lets spend $300 so we can have better control on user accounts...Better management of system resources? oh really, and how many open running processes do you have after installing Vista.. now compare that to what XP has.. Better management of system resources comes from the user who has the brains to turn of stuff that's not needed. Oh and a brain drain for you Redeemed, Vista takes MORE MEMORY than XP ya clueless wonder. Now are we done with the name calling. Anyone can lower themselves to the age of 5 years old, though you seem to be a pro at it. If this is how you communicate to people, well then I guess I'll lower myself to your knee high level.

Quote:
I'll continue listing reasons, and can validate everything I claim. I've done it before- if I recall correctly it was for you as well- yet you ignored it. Typical.
Feel free bud, you've stated nothing useful other than the fact your an immature prick who obviously is very out of touch with lots of things. I ignored your previous statements because they were useless just as you've proven here again. Yet interestingly you still spew BS...Guess some people don't get it unless you draw em a picture huh?!? Get a clue Redeemed and take your attitude with it.
Old 07-05-07, 03:31 PM   #8
flukester
*BANNED*

Quote:
I'm starting to think so. Or maybe his cousin.
Ya because I know 3 people who are legit QA testers as well as others that have played the beta and their feedback/impressions. Duh! Ya that's right, I am in touch and you are too, but it's just your thumb up your arse.

Old 07-05-07, 03:37 PM   #9
evilghost

It's always funny to see the Windows users fighting amongst themselves, touting security in Microsoft products (XP and Vista) brings the LOLCOPTER close.
evilghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 03:38 PM   #10
Riptide

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 04:02 PM   #11
Redeemed

You know what fluke- I started typing this response, again listing a plethora of new features in Vista that isn't available in XP (with the exclusion of a few via third-party apps for XP)- then it occured to me:

Why not have you give me a list of what it is you do not like about Vista. What is it about Vista that is so horrible where as XP is superior? Let's start with security. List the ominous security breaches you claim Vista has that XP does not have.

Give examples (technical if you wouldn't mind) as to how Vista's memory and resource management is worse than XP's. And just saying "Vista uses more ram" doesn't count. Show us that the extra ram being utilised is bad. Show us that it is in-efficient usage of ram, instead of the os merely utilising the hardware available. Show us why it is bad that Vista actual takes advantage of available resources- then show us how it fails to efficient release those resources when the user runs an app that needs said resources (RAM, CPU/GPU clock cycles, etc). Get technical, break it down for all of us "noobs". This is my challenge to you. If you do this, and I cannot debunk the over-whelming majority of your (false, in my opinion) claims about Vista- then I'll retract every negative statement I've made about you, and I'll stop arguing against your position, and would instead suport it.

For the past several threads on this subject I have been the one to actual provide the proof for every claim I've made. Let's switch the table around here- now it is your turn.
Old 07-05-07, 04:06 PM   #12
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by flukester
Ya because I know 3 people who are legit QA testers as well as others that have played the beta and their feedback/impressions. Duh! Ya that's right, I am in touch and you are too, but it's just your thumb up your arse.
Considering that I have merely referred to you as a tool, you are the one that keeps spewing the insults. Insecure maybe? Why is it that I said you are a tool, now you feel the need to hurl 50 insults per post at me?

Here's an idea, in your next post, instead of filling it with nothing more than insults and proof-less claims- step up to the challenge I mentioned in my previous post.