Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-05-07, 04:18 PM   #13
jcrox
Mahna Mahna

Default Re: Vista and Good reasons why it's just not needed. Yet.

Well so far, we have 1 game to judge DX10 vs DX9 in and (at least for me) the DX10 performance is better. Especially when you start getting loads and loads of enemies on the screen. As for the visual effects.... yes this is just a guess... but Crysis will likely shut the doubters up immediately upon release, which is currently being stated as a whole 2 months away.

I for one don't see what the purpose of creating a post such as this is. Are you trying to single handedly push people away from Vista? You have some personal vendetta against MS? Or you just don't like Vista or MS for some reason so you're venting and attempting to pull a Borg and assimilate the rest of the world?

Currently the OS seems to be working great. As for Linux.... the average user has no where near the knowledge to use that OS on a regular basis much less would they have any idea as to how to even attempt to get a DX game running in it. Trying to stop people from moving to this OS is kinda like trying to stop the water in the Mississippi river from making it to the gulf of Mexico...you're going to have to turn the world upside down to do so. (Edit: and being as you can't do either, why complain about it?)

Gaming

MSI MPower Z87 | 4770k | CNPS9900MAX-B | 8GB G.Skill 1866 | EVGA GTX760 |ThermalTake 850w | X-Fi Titanium | HAF | Asus PA248Q | Lycosa | Death Adder | Win8 Pro 64

Dev/Backup

MSI GD65 | 2500k | H50 | 8GB G.skill | GTX570 | Ubuntu 13.10

Laptop

17" Inspiron | i5 | 4GB DDR3 | 500GB HDD | Win7 Pro 64

jcrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 04:26 PM   #14
JasonPC

It seems people always tend to repeat the past when it comes to OS upgrades. There's the early adopters who love the new version and then there's the people who rather stick with the tried and true reliability/familiarity of older versions. Either way you argue I really think it's just going to be one of those things you cannot avoid at some point or another unless you want to totally ditch windows. I think with XP and now Vista it's becoming where you can push it off longer and longer.

When it comes to directx, I'm sure many argued that directx 9 wasn't the greatest thing since sliced bread either at first. It will take time to see what directx 10 is truly made of. Of course, with only Vista having directx 10, it's going to be an even touchier issue.

The Lost Planet benchmark does show that with close collaboration with NVIDIA (and hopefully ATI with their upcoming drivers), decent performance can be mustered when using directx 10. However, the visual difference between the two versions of the game is so minor that it's tough to call it a true indicator.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 05:27 PM   #15
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
*Your stuff here*
Why you bothering bro? 90% of the threads he posts in are negative or slams against something.
Old 07-05-07, 05:36 PM   #16
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJensen
drop dead....plz
I second that
Old 07-05-07, 05:40 PM   #17
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1
Why you bothering bro? 90% of the threads he posts in are negative or slams against something.
I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

If all he does to refute my challenge (or "offer"- what ever you want to call it) is hurl more insults at me, then I'll just ignore him. But I'm open to meaningful debates, so I'm giving him the opportunity to partake in one. My hopes are that if I am wrong he can prove so thus allowing me to become further educated on the matter- and vice-versa.

Let's see how he responds.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 05:49 PM   #18
SwedX
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
I'm starting to think so. Or maybe his cousin.
Or his sister, I gues it goes in the family
SwedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 07:04 PM   #19
XDanger
Whaaat?

Its called progress , stand in the way and get trampled on.
Old 07-05-07, 07:25 PM   #20
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1
It's hard to call off the Redeemed once he's been unleashed...
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-07, 07:35 PM   #21
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
It's hard to call off the Redeemed once he's been unleashed...
True Dat.

Man on a Mission.
Old 07-05-07, 08:58 PM   #22
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilghost
It's always funny to see the Windows users fighting amongst themselves, touting security in Microsoft products (XP and Vista) brings the LOLCOPTER close.
It's funnier to see the messiah of linuxdom pop-up and use basically the same rhetoric time and time again

Much, much funnier.

Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 09:06 PM   #23
evilghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar
It's funnier to see the messiah of linuxdom pop-up and use basically the same rhetoric time and time again

Much, much funnier.

Allow me to insult you with this image as we near the holiest of days for the Microsoft apologists:

evilghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-07, 09:15 PM   #24
flukester
*BANNED*

wtf! I only just responded Redeemed and you got 2 posts up to it! Bud man you got a mouth, no life or good strong hands.

What exactly is your problem? What did I say to piss you off? Sorry I am lost and I really don't care to fumble through threads trying to find where I lost you.

Please list what I said, then I'll quote you and answer them. I don't need to read all that BS, I got better things to do. I am reading your stuff now and I am 'WTF IS HE TALKING ABOUT?!?!' Cut down on the weed, take a deep breath and tell me your problems...

I don't even know where to begin. (i'm wondering now if he already has a response for this post, did i hit post and then edit, uhh)
flukester is offline   Reply With Quote