Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-05-07, 09:15 PM   #25
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: Vista and Good reasons why it's just not needed. Yet.

Evilghost...

My retort
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 04:20 AM   #26
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by flukester
wtf! I only just responded Redeemed and you got 2 posts up to it! Bud man you got a mouth, no life or good strong hands.

What exactly is your problem? What did I say to piss you off? Sorry I am lost and I really don't care to fumble through threads trying to find where I lost you.

Please list what I said, then I'll quote you and answer them. I don't need to read all that BS, I got better things to do. I am reading your stuff now and I am 'WTF IS HE TALKING ABOUT?!?!' Cut down on the weed, take a deep breath and tell me your problems...

I don't even know where to begin. (i'm wondering now if he already has a response for this post, did i hit post and then edit, uhh)
What about this is hard to understand:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
You know what fluke- I started typing this response, again listing a plethora of new features in Vista that isn't available in XP (with the exclusion of a few via third-party apps for XP)- then it occured to me:

Why not have you give me a list of what it is you do not like about Vista. What is it about Vista that is so horrible where as XP is superior? Let's start with security. List the ominous security breaches you claim Vista has that XP does not have.

Give examples (technical if you wouldn't mind) as to how Vista's memory and resource management is worse than XP's. And just saying "Vista uses more ram" doesn't count. Show us that the extra ram being utilised is bad. Show us that it is in-efficient usage of ram, instead of the os merely utilising the hardware available. Show us why it is bad that Vista actual takes advantage of available resources- then show us how it fails to efficient release those resources when the user runs an app that needs said resources (RAM, CPU/GPU clock cycles, etc). Get technical, break it down for all of us "noobs". This is my challenge to you. If you do this, and I cannot debunk the over-whelming majority of your (false, in my opinion) claims about Vista- then I'll retract every negative statement I've made about you, and I'll stop arguing against your position, and would instead suport it.

For the past several threads on this subject I have been the one to actual provide the proof for every claim I've made. Let's switch the table around here- now it is your turn.
And as to me being angry- I hardly know where you got that impression from. I'm furthest from it. If anything, I'm left wondering how me referring to you as a tool got you so wound up that every three words directed towards me from you had to be insults. Are you so sensitive that being called a tool winds you up? Come on dude, grab some coffee and chill. There are more important things in life than worrying if I call you a tool or not... tool.

I'm merely challenging you to list what it is- in great detail and being as technically accurate and specific, as you can. I will then attempt to prove that the issues you proclaim are either false or in a minority. If I fail to do so, then I will retract my comments about you and your stance and will instead support you and your stance instead of arguing against it- untill said problems are corrected. You game for this or not? Really, considering how much you claim to know this should be a walk in the park for you.

As for my responses- I average about 80 words per minute- I'm a fast typist.

Oh and Crainger-

Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 06:10 AM   #27
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Would be cool it those things DID happen though. Except Fosters is a horrible and not even Australian... Give me Han, Little Creatures, Outback Brewery or even Tooheys any day.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 08:58 AM   #28
flukester
*BANNED*

Quote:
What about this is hard to understand:

And as to me being angry- I hardly know where you got that impression from. I'm furthest from it. If anything, I'm left wondering how me referring to you as a tool got you so wound up that every three words directed towards me from you had to be insults. Are you so sensitive that being called a tool winds you up? Come on dude, grab some coffee and chill. There are more important things in life than worrying if I call you a tool or not... tool.

I'm merely challenging you to list what it is- in great detail and being as technically accurate and specific, as you can. I will then attempt to prove that the issues you proclaim are either false or in a minority. If I fail to do so, then I will retract my comments about you and your stance and will instead support you and your stance instead of arguing against it- untill said problems are corrected. You game for this or not? Really, considering how much you claim to know this should be a walk in the park for you.

As for my responses- I average about 80 words per minute- I'm a fast typist.

Oh and Crainger-
I still have no idea what you are talking about. If you don't want to take the specifics from my posts then I'm not going to sit here scratching my head and fumbling through past posts.

I'll do my best based on your opinions of what I said and try to state them again. I have to work, don't know about you but it doesn't look great when your boss walks in and I'm typing up a storm in a forum.

You re-iterate using quotes what I stated wrong and I will address them around lunch. As for the rest of your reply twisting my words or downplaying your maturity level exhibited, I really couldn't care less but 80wpm is not fast. I type on average 120wpm. I just did a test for fun and I hit 111... Seems my typing speed hasn't changed much over the years.
flukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 11:24 AM   #29
Richteralan
The Enigma

Send a message via ICQ to Richteralan Send a message via MSN to Richteralan

I wonder where/when MS claimed there will be a new OS in 2009.
Even so MS claimed doesn't mean the new OS WILL BE released in 2009.
Richteralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 11:55 AM   #30
Redeemed

Quote:
I still have no idea what you are talking about. If you don't want to take the specifics from my posts then I'm not going to sit here scratching my head and fumbling through past posts.

I'll do my best based on your opinions of what I said and try to state them again. I have to work, don't know about you but it doesn't look great when your boss walks in and I'm typing up a storm in a forum.

You re-iterate using quotes what I stated wrong and I will address them around lunch. As for the rest of your reply twisting my words or downplaying your maturity level exhibited, I really couldn't care less but 80wpm is not fast. I type on average 120wpm. I just did a test for fun and I hit 111... Seems my typing speed hasn't changed much over the years.
Fluke- did you fail reading comprehension? I'm not talking about anything in your posts- because not once have you listed any specifics about why Vista is so terrible. All you mention are blanket statements that could apply to nearly anything.

I want you to categorically create a list of what you don't like about Vista. Tear it's memory management apart piece by piece and explain how it is so much less efficient than XPs, do the same for the rest of its resource management, do the same for it's security features, etc.

Break the OS down and explain why you hate it in as detailed and technical manner as you can. After all, you know so much about this stuff it should be a breeze.

Once you have compiles your list of dislikes in regards to Vista, I will then beging the process of debunking it.

Really, this is not complicated. Just try it.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 12:04 PM   #31
retsam

Quote:

you dont even remember your own words and your involved in a debate?...what are you some sort of retard..
retsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 12:08 PM   #32
flukester
*BANNED*

Quote:
Fluke- did you fail reading comprehension? I'm not talking about anything in your posts- because not once have you listed any specifics about why Vista is so terrible. All you mention are blanket statements that could apply to nearly anything.
I have not, you made it up. I have never said Vista is terrible. I own it. Are you daft?

Quote:
I want you to categorically create a list of what you don't like about Vista. Tear it's memory management apart piece by piece and explain how it is so much less efficient than XPs, do the same for the rest of its resource management, do the same for it's security features, etc.
Why would I waste my time doing that, there is nothing I don't like in Vista! I never said I did not like anything in Vista. Sorry, you made that up in your own head. I own Vista but I cannot run it because as soon as I install nVidia chipset drivers it BSOD and my hard disk thrashes so hard I can't even make it to login.

Quote:
Break the OS down and explain why you hate it in as detailed and technical manner as you can. After all, you know so much about this stuff it should be a breeze.
Sorry either you are retarded or daft. I never said anything of the sort that Vista sucks. You did.

Quote:
Once you have compiles your list of dislikes in regards to Vista, I will then beging the process of debunking it.

Really, this is not complicated. Just try it.
You need some f'ing help man. and not just spelling and grammar.

Old 07-06-07, 12:10 PM   #33
flukester
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by retsam
you dont even remember your own words and your involved in a debate?...what are you some sort of retard..
What are you? an ass hair clinger?
Old 07-06-07, 12:10 PM   #34
evilghost

If I could lure flukester over to Linux he would be a powerful ally.
evilghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 12:14 PM   #35
Riptide

This thread delivers.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 12:15 PM   #36
retsam

Quote:
What are you? an ass hair clinger?
hay, your the dumb **** that cant even remember what your wrote...dont shoot the messenger
retsam is offline   Reply With Quote