Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-06-07, 01:52 PM   #61
flukester
*BANNED*

Default Re: Vista and Good reasons why it's just not needed. Yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilghost
What? You posted craptastic threads asserting opinions with little fact.
lie.

Quote:
When someone challenges your assertions you default to poorly executed personal attacks. The thread degrades and you refuse to value fact over opinion.
No you mean when I didn't bow to other peoples opinions.

Quote:
You've been owned and you're fabricating an excuse for a graceful escape from your public shaming.
Not at all. I'm waiting for a moderator to do something since you have all ruined this thread anyhow. After all the thread was themed off an article on Anand Tech, not me.
flukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 01:54 PM   #62
evilghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by flukester
I'm waiting for a moderator to do something since you have all ruined this thread anyhow. After all the thread was themed off an article on Anand Tech, not me.
What will you do when the afternoon sun, glistening off a freshly polished golden ban-hammer, comes slamming into your head?
evilghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 02:01 PM   #63
flukester
*BANNED*

Quote:
What will you do when the afternoon sun, glistening off a freshly polished golden ban-hammer, comes slamming into your head?
If I am banned, then this site has some real issues. All it has been is you guys all trolling my posts, disputing everything with Little fact, asking me to provide facts when you have provided nothing except your own opinions and confusing things I said with what you 'wanted to believe'. You have successfully destroyed 2 threads of mine so far with trash talk, belittling me. And if I am banned, oh well, just tells me this site ain't worth it. I have attempted to explain why I posted what I posted, it was ignored by all those who are currently posting in my threads. If you go back in my history, it's repeatedly the same people.

I have only disrespected those who were disrespecting me, trolling my threads and posting nonsense and attempting to offend me constantly.

I came here with good intent and I have been abused literally since day 1. It all started when I loosely joked about a Ford Mustang being a gas guzzler. Ever since then I have been abused up and down. The only thread I had that didn't receive this treatment was a Duke3D thread, another thread I posted with good intentions.
flukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 02:04 PM   #64
Tr1cK
not coming back

Fluke, you did take the Anand article and twist it to your own liking. It is not an article on Vista, it is an article on DX10 vs DX9. You argue that because DX10 isn't up to speed of a mature 4+ year old API (even older considering it's roots), that Vista is junk totally discrediting any positive aspects due to one current negative one. This whole thread is nothing more than an extension of your other thread where you were clearly on the losing side of an argument. That is blatant trolling.

You are a Vista hater for whatever reason. I'm guessing because the performance is slightly less than that of XP. Do you recall the 9x to 2k transition and the performance degredation involved then as well? It seems to me that if you do, you were probably a 9x advocate for a while then as well. I can only assume that you fear change and the insecure feeling of being a 'noob'. If you fear the change, that's fine. Just be patient and things will sort themselves out. I didn't dig XP for the first 2 years of it's life and got it just before SP2 was released. I didn't bash it, I just didn't use it.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 02:35 PM   #65
Riptide

9x advocate... Now that's a scary thought.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 03:12 PM   #66
Rakeesh

Quote:
If I am banned, then this site has some real issues. All it has been is you guys all trolling my posts, disputing everything with Little fact, asking me to provide facts when you have provided nothing except your own opinions and confusing things I said with what you 'wanted to believe'. You have successfully destroyed 2 threads of mine so far with trash talk, belittling me. And if I am banned, oh well, just tells me this site ain't worth it. I have attempted to explain why I posted what I posted, it was ignored by all those who are currently posting in my threads. If you go back in my history, it's repeatedly the same people.
When you are in a situation where you find that you are in constant strife with your peers, at times you need to ask yourself: Are they the problem, or is it me?

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 03:14 PM   #67
Wolfhound
Moving to new home

Send a message via MSN to Wolfhound Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
Fluke, you did take the Anand article and twist it to your own liking. It is not an article on Vista, it is an article on DX10 vs DX9. You argue that because DX10 isn't up to speed of a mature 4+ year old API (even older considering it's roots), that Vista is junk totally discrediting any positive aspects due to one current negative one. This whole thread is nothing more than an extension of your other thread where you were clearly on the losing side of an argument. That is blatant trolling.

You are a Vista hater for whatever reason. I'm guessing because the performance is slightly less than that of XP. Do you recall the 9x to 2k transition and the performance degredation involved then as well? It seems to me that if you do, you were probably a 9x advocate for a while then as well. I can only assume that you fear change and the insecure feeling of being a 'noob'. If you fear the change, that's fine. Just be patient and things will sort themselves out. I didn't dig XP for the first 2 years of it's life and got it just before SP2 was released. I didn't bash it, I just didn't use it.
True, it the same thing when DX9 released and DX8 was the norm, but now DX10 released with a new OS, that, as always, has to be polised before have the same performance as Win XP, nothing new, I see a lot of people bashing new OSes as they are released.
Intel Quad Core Q6600 @ 3,4 | 4Gigs (2x2) OCZ Reaper PC-8500 | Gigabyte P35-DS3R | Western Digital 500G Caviar SE16 SATA2 NCQ | Seagate160 Gig 7200.9 SATA NCQ | Maxtor 300Gig SATA NCQ | Asus Geforce 260GTX | Samsung Syncmaster 930BF 19'' | BeQuiet Straight Power 700W | Cooler Master CM690 |Windows Vista x64 SP2 |Windows XP SP3 [Deceased PSU, no money for new one, stucked with laptop and XBOX 360]

Macbook Pro 13': 4gigs | Core2 Duo 2,53Mhz | 250Gigs HDD |geforce 9400M| aluminium unibody | Mac OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard |gentoo Linux 2.631 kernel

Wolfhound´s Brute: http://wolfhound77.mybrute.com
Wolfhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 03:26 PM   #68
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK

Very well said.

I can fully understand not liking an OS, or having some issues with a new one, or an old one for that matter. But delivery is key, with response a close second.

personally, vista 64bit has been pretty much everything I hoped it would be, and am having much fewer problems/complaints than I did with XP. And I really liked XP.

Old 07-06-07, 03:39 PM   #69
Rakeesh

The only annoyance I have ever had with vista is dreamscene, which crashes all the time, so I turned it off.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 04:01 PM   #70
Riptide

I'm now having two issues with Vista 64. Minor annoyances.

I get an event showing up in system log "unrecoverable memory error". No error ever shows up on screen and this only comes up during the bootup of the machine. If I didn't check the log I wouldn't know it was there. This didn't always happen. Rather it just started to do so at some point - who knows when. The log event does not give any information on what is generating it. I've trimmed msconfig/startup but it hasn't helped.

Randomly but frequently when I exit CSS Hl2.exe comes up as not responding and I have to quit it. Only when quitting the game does that happen. Who knows why. Might even be some stupid steam update that did it or something to do with the NV beta driver (162.15) I'm using.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 04:34 PM   #71
retsam

Quote:
I was rushing the post because mr fast typer had already replied to a post and I didn't give a **** to go back and correct it. So lick me bitch.

Don't call others dumbasses when you can't even type in proper English, dumbass
so now you want another male to give you a blow job? sorry im not queer, i hear there's this bar called the blue oyster...
retsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 04:37 PM   #72
retsam

Quote:

I have only disrespected those who were disrespecting me, trolling my threads and posting nonsense and attempting to offend me constantly.

I came here with good intent and I have been abused literally since day 1. It all started when I loosely joked about a Ford Mustang being a gas guzzler. Ever since then I have been abused up and down. The only thread I had that didn't receive this treatment was a Duke3D thread, another thread I posted with good intentions.
lol, everyone is the problem except yourself...lol..lets see there was what, 20 people(hell, even fellow *nix users have a problem with you) that have had a problem with your attitude. right, and were the problem.....take a step back bro...
retsam is offline   Reply With Quote